AMD Radeon HD 7850 (same GPU as the PS4) @ NewEgg $119 MIR

elranzer

CAGiversary!
Offer:

AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB (manufactured by MSI) for $119 after $30 mail-in-rebate (otherwise $149, still not bad) from NewEgg during "Black November".

Details:

Put the graphical power of the PlayStation4 in your budget gaming PC!

Make your own SteamBox that matches or beats the PS4 plus can do a whole lot more. Just add this video card and at least 8GB of memory to have your own do-it-yourself "next gen" console.

Unfortunately does not include a free game offer like some of the lower-end Radeons do at NewEgg.

Link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127663

Last edited by a moderator:
From my understanding, I think higher vram = handles higher resolutions better?
and a few other graphics settings (most notably, Anti Aliasing). 1GB was already having a bit of trouble with Battlefield 3 two years ago at 1080p, so I'd say the 2GB is worth it.

Lol at how outdated the PS4 is already. Good deal for someone looking to build their first PC.
Anyone who knows anything about the architecture of consoles versus a PC understands that it's not an apples to apples comparison.

Also, isn't the PS4's GPU based off of the most recent line of Radeon cards; more specifically, their 290 series?

I'd suggest passing on this. I'm sure we're going to see 7950s and 7970s for not too much more. I've seen many 7950s below $180, and 7970 has dipped below $200. If you can get a much better card for only $50 more, why not?

Anyone who knows anything about the architecture of consoles versus a PC understands that it's not an apples to apples comparison.

Also, isn't the PS4's GPU based off of the most recent line of Radeon cards; more specifically, their 290 series?
I think the real question is why the hell do fanboys still exist? It's pretty pathetic...

I think the real question is why the hell do fanboys still exist? It's pretty pathetic...
I'm not an expert on architecture but isn't the PS3 also an APU? I don't know that this is the "same" as that.

For people like me that don't have a power supply that supports a good graphics card, this is the cheapest low power (powered by the slot) available. These cards work with the shitty power supplies provided by Dell and others. $55 after mail in rebate. I think it's the cheapest this has been. Note this is the GDDR5 version, one on newegg is a DDR3 card. Do not get that one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131461

bread's done
Back