Walmart Black Friday Sale | Nov 29 - Dec 01 | Online and in-store

Lavitz

CAG Veteran
There will be more deals in store and online but here's what's advertised in the flyer

Nintendo 2DS - $99 (reg $129)

4GB Xbox 360 - $129 (reg $199)

250GB Azurite Blue PS3 NHL14 Bundle - $199 (reg $249)

PS3 Dualshock 3 or Xbox 360 Controller - $39 each (reg $52-59)

Disney Infinity Single Characters - $7.83 (reg $12.83)

Grand Theft Auto V PS3/360 - $39 (reg $59.83)

All $39 (reg $60) might be both platforms but I'll only list what's advertised:

The Last of Us

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag PS3

Battlefield 4 PS3

Beyond: Two Souls

Diablo III 360

Batman Arkham Origins 360

All $25:

Saints Row The Third Full Package 360

Just Dance 2014 Wii

Star Wars Angry Birds 360

Lego Marvel Super Heroes PS3

Anyone have a 2DS? It looks a little bulky. Does it fold or anything? Is it worth while if I don't really give a shit about 3D?

Anyone have a 2DS? It looks a little bulky. Does it fold or anything? Is it worth while if I don't really give a shit about 3D?
I know someone who does, and they seem to like it. It might look bulky, but it's actually quite small if you've seen handheld comparison videos. It doesn't fold, though my friend who has it says the 2DS has a surprisingly comfortable form factor, ie. it fits well in his hands. The only complaint I've heard for it would be that using the d-pad primarily is awkward, seeing as it's below the circle pad, and the circle pad is symmetrical to the face buttons.

I think if you're going to get one, it should be the 3DS XL, even if you don't care about 3D, but the 2DS is probably a great alternative if you don't want to spend the extra money.

I think if you're going to get one, it should be the 3DS XL, even if you don't care about 3D, but the 2DS is probably a great alternative if you don't want to spend the extra money.
I agree with this. The 3DS XL is sturdy and comfortable, and it folds, and you can just turn the 3D off. They're cheap this weekend, too.

Just don't get an original 3DS. It's what I have (day one), & i'm considering the 2Ds because of the price + I hate 3D and it's a useless gimmick at best.

If someone claims they don't get hand cramps for the original 3DS they're either not human or have never played their 3DS longer than 20 minutes. It's that bad. Plus the two screens have two noticeably distinct contrasts & brightness (supposed to be fixed with the 2DS because it's one screen) , the unit is top heavy and the hinge that holds the two screens together is very loose and flimsy (not a problem on the 2DS), the bottom screen scratches the top screen if you carry it anywhere (Nintendo never fixed this - even XL has this problem), the d-pad & buttons are trash, the L & R buttons difficult to use - the thing is a hot pile of garbage in almost every way.

The original 3DS is the single worst designed hand held electronic platform that didn't fail.

XL reminds of the DSi which is way better built & not uncomfortable. What are the XL deals this weekend?

edit: the 2DS could be price matched & beaten by 10% at Future Shop / Best Buy, correct? (yeah, I know you have to press for the 10% or they will "forget")

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back