gamestop nintendo eshop wiiu wiisportsclub wiisports download

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 TechVW

TechVW

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Wii Sports Club Tennis digital download code was only $4.99 in store at GameStop. On the eShop it is $9.99 and I have not heard of any price drops coming.

I believe Bowling was $8.99.

They had a few Virtual Console titles too but they were the normal eShop price.

These items are not on the GameStop website at all.

It's Hi-Technicaaal! http://digibutter.nerr.biz

#2 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

Whoa. This is actually a decent deal. Wonder why bowling isn't half price too.

#3 josekortez

josekortez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Nintendo should release Wii Sports Club on disc. Why make a follow up to your most successful game ever besides Mario e-shop only?

#4 TechVW

TechVW

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

Whoa. This is actually a decent deal. Wonder why bowling isn't half price too.

Yeah, very strange. Makes me wonder if this is a price-mistake, or maybe a price-drop is coming soon from Nintendo?

It's Hi-Technicaaal! http://digibutter.nerr.biz

#5 bobphone

bobphone

So what if I'm a gay man?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Yeah, very strange. Makes me wonder if this is a price-mistake, or maybe a price-drop is coming soon from Nintendo?

$5 makes these no-brainers. $10 is a little much.

#6 tim_pkmn89

tim_pkmn89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Nintendo should release Wii Sports Club on disc. Why make a follow up to your most successful game ever besides Mario e-shop only?

Because they want to experiment with alternative purchase methods.

They probably will once they finish making all the games.

#7 jankm

jankm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

Thanks OP. Wasn't planning on hitting any stores today but this seemed like a good deal. Got them for the sames prices $4.99/$8.99. There was no indication that this was a sale, there was no higher price on the boxes. Codes printed on receipt, so in theory, no reason for them to sell out.

#8 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

checking this out after work today. 

Posted Image

#9 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Is this a card or just something you have to ask for? I went to my gamestop and they had no idea what I was talking about. Id like to get this deal but I should have called to make sure they had it. 

#10 jankm

jankm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

Is this a card or just something you have to ask for? I went to my gamestop and they had no idea what I was talking about. Id like to get this deal but I should have called to make sure they had it. 

At my GameStop they were next to the Wii U games on the wall. They are game cases with the eShop logo. There were a few rows, they stand out a bit because the cases are all mostly orange. I can't remember which games were with it, I think Wind Waker (eShop version) was one. When you check out the code is printed on the receipt and they put the cases back.

#11 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR- suplexrepeat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

Thanks OP, grabbed this for $5 at my local GS after I got back from Thanksgiving vacation.

If you can't find the display card, just have them look it up on the computer.  They'll have to print out a barcode sticker and then scan that for the DLC to show up on the register.

uc.png

#12 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

Thanks! Ill check another gamestop tomorrow. Hopefully they are still the same price.

#13 jdeluis

jdeluis

Now In Stereo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:22 AM

Thanks. Code was printed at the bottom of the receipt.

#14 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:08 AM

At my GameStop they were next to the Wii U games on the wall. They are game cases with the eShop logo. There were a few rows, they stand out a bit because the cases are all mostly orange. I can't remember which games were with it, I think Wind Waker (eShop version) was one. When you check out the code is printed on the receipt and they put the cases back.

Thanks. I checked another GameStop and they had them in the orange cases right below all the retail games. I'm sure the first had them too but now that I knew what to look for it made it much easier. Thanks again to you and op.

#15 Hiro0015

Hiro0015

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

Thanks OP! Scored one yesterday!

#16 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:20 AM

After seeing this thread, went into gamestop yesterday and they had no fucking clue what I was talking about. Told them it was a dlc code on the Wii U eShop for $4.99. Left cause no one could look it up.

Went back today to a differenjt store and though they didn't have the yellow eShop box on the shelf, I grabbed the Luigi U one as an example for the cashier. Explained I would like to buy the Wii U Sports Club Tennis code for $4.99, comes in a box like the Luigi one and it's a code I buy to download on the Wii U.........It took FOUR gamestop reps to find this code on this comps *facepalm*

For as much as gamestop is trying to advertise they sell dlc, they had no frickin clue what this was, let alone a Wii U

Edit: THANK YOU op. You are awesome!!!!

card.png

ibaJdAH0jhAOUN.gif

#17 royalbliss1

royalbliss1

Black Rock City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:32 AM

^ I went in to GameStop tonight and had the same thing happen. No one knew what I was talking about. After looking around for awhile, I found the the box with tennis on it.
Thanks op!

Posted Image

#18 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:38 PM

I will check the local GS for both of them. Thanks OP!

Question: is the Wii Bowling based on the Sports Resort version or the original?

Crunchewy.png

#19 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:05 PM

I know this is old.  But does anyone know if this price is still good, or if they have the golf discounted?  Not much interest in the Tennis, but i want the golf and the bowling.

Posted Image

#20 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

Nintendo has been testing the waters with releasing games digitally first, then eventually on disc; Super Lugi U & Zelda WW HD being two examples. I'd expect we will eventually see the same with Sports Club.

#21 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

I know this is old.  But does anyone know if this price is still good, or if they have the golf discounted?  Not much interest in the Tennis, but i want the golf and the bowling.

I paid for Golf full price (thanks to Best Buy and its sale of 20% off eShop cards last week) and it was well worth it. Doesn't hurt calling them.

#22 donny2112

donny2112

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Found a GameStop with the boxes marked at the lower price a few days ago, but it rang up at the full price.  They said they'd normally honor the price mistake, but couldn't do that with DLC.  Deal is dead, unfortunately. :(

#23 wilflare

wilflare

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

can someone help me with this? will PayPal!

#24 shaggyc

shaggyc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Found a GameStop with the boxes marked at the lower price a few days ago, but it rang up at the full price.  They said they'd normally honor the price mistake, but couldn't do that with DLC.  Deal is dead, unfortunately. :(

Thanks.  That answers it.  I'll just buy golf off the eshop, and get bowling later :)

Posted Image

#25 UlysisAM

UlysisAM

'Nuff Said...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Yeah, the website has the prices back to their original $9.99 price point. Found out when I went to the site to see if they had Golf available at a cheaper price than what is on eShop.

#26 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Wazzup CAG?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

I saw the prices the same in store but I havent seen golf which is disappointing. 

#27 cytmike

cytmike

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

I just bought tennis for 4.99 yesterday at Gamestop. Also saw bowling for 8.99.

It rang up as 9.99 but I told the guy that the box says 4.99 so he manually typed in a 5.00 discount. 

I think as long as the sticker is cheaper they have to honor it.

cytmike.png

#28 HDShadow

HDShadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Just got the Tennis code right now. The code rang up at $10, but they changed it to $5. Bowling came up at $9, but that's a bit much.

591625.png

#29 donny2112

donny2112

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

I think as long as the sticker is cheaper they have to honor it.

Apparently YMMV, as the guy told me they didn't have the option to do that on DLC. :(

#30 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

Got both tennis at 4.99 ( price corrected by rep) and bowling at 8.99.

Steam ID:  Darthstryk3r