$4.99 Wii Sports Club Tennis download at GameStop

TechVW

CAGiversary!
Wii Sports Club Tennis digital download code was only $4.99 in store at GameStop. On the eShop it is $9.99 and I have not heard of any price drops coming.

I believe Bowling was $8.99.

They had a few Virtual Console titles too but they were the normal eShop price.

These items are not on the GameStop website at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo should release Wii Sports Club on disc. Why make a follow up to your most successful game ever besides Mario e-shop only?
Because they want to experiment with alternative purchase methods.

They probably will once they finish making all the games.

Thanks OP. Wasn't planning on hitting any stores today but this seemed like a good deal. Got them for the sames prices $4.99/$8.99. There was no indication that this was a sale, there was no higher price on the boxes. Codes printed on receipt, so in theory, no reason for them to sell out.

Is this a card or just something you have to ask for? I went to my gamestop and they had no idea what I was talking about. Id like to get this deal but I should have called to make sure they had it. 

Is this a card or just something you have to ask for? I went to my gamestop and they had no idea what I was talking about. Id like to get this deal but I should have called to make sure they had it.
At my GameStop they were next to the Wii U games on the wall. They are game cases with the eShop logo. There were a few rows, they stand out a bit because the cases are all mostly orange. I can't remember which games were with it, I think Wind Waker (eShop version) was one. When you check out the code is printed on the receipt and they put the cases back.

Thanks OP, grabbed this for $5 at my local GS after I got back from Thanksgiving vacation.

If you can't find the display card, just have them look it up on the computer.  They'll have to print out a barcode sticker and then scan that for the DLC to show up on the register.

At my GameStop they were next to the Wii U games on the wall. They are game cases with the eShop logo. There were a few rows, they stand out a bit because the cases are all mostly orange. I can't remember which games were with it, I think Wind Waker (eShop version) was one. When you check out the code is printed on the receipt and they put the cases back.
Thanks. I checked another GameStop and they had them in the orange cases right below all the retail games. I'm sure the first had them too but now that I knew what to look for it made it much easier. Thanks again to you and op.

After seeing this thread, went into gamestop yesterday and they had no fucking clue what I was talking about. Told them it was a dlc code on the Wii U eShop for $4.99. Left cause no one could look it up.

Went back today to a differenjt store and though they didn't have the yellow eShop box on the shelf, I grabbed the Luigi U one as an example for the cashier. Explained I would like to buy the Wii U Sports Club Tennis code for $4.99, comes in a box like the Luigi one and it's a code I buy to download on the Wii U.........It took FOUR gamestop reps to find this code on this comps *facepalm*

For as much as gamestop is trying to advertise they sell dlc, they had no frickin clue what this was, let alone a Wii U

Edit: THANK YOU op. You are awesome!!!!

^ I went in to GameStop tonight and had the same thing happen. No one knew what I was talking about. After looking around for awhile, I found the the box with tennis on it.
Thanks op!

I will check the local GS for both of them. Thanks OP!

Question: is the Wii Bowling based on the Sports Resort version or the original?

I know this is old.  But does anyone know if this price is still good, or if they have the golf discounted?  Not much interest in the Tennis, but i want the golf and the bowling.

Nintendo should release Wii Sports Club on disc. Why make a follow up to your most successful game ever besides Mario e-shop only?
Nintendo has been testing the waters with releasing games digitally first, then eventually on disc; Super Lugi U & Zelda WW HD being two examples. I'd expect we will eventually see the same with Sports Club.

I know this is old. But does anyone know if this price is still good, or if they have the golf discounted? Not much interest in the Tennis, but i want the golf and the bowling.
I paid for Golf full price (thanks to Best Buy and its sale of 20% off eShop cards last week) and it was well worth it. Doesn't hurt calling them.

Found a GameStop with the boxes marked at the lower price a few days ago, but it rang up at the full price.  They said they'd normally honor the price mistake, but couldn't do that with DLC.  Deal is dead, unfortunately. :(

Found a GameStop with the boxes marked at the lower price a few days ago, but it rang up at the full price. They said they'd normally honor the price mistake, but couldn't do that with DLC. Deal is dead, unfortunately. :(
Thanks. That answers it. I'll just buy golf off the eshop, and get bowling later :)

Yeah, the website has the prices back to their original $9.99 price point. Found out when I went to the site to see if they had Golf available at a cheaper price than what is on eShop.

I just bought tennis for 4.99 yesterday at Gamestop. Also saw bowling for 8.99.

It rang up as 9.99 but I told the guy that the box says 4.99 so he manually typed in a 5.00 discount. 

I think as long as the sticker is cheaper they have to honor it.

Just got the Tennis code right now. The code rang up at $10, but they changed it to $5. Bowling came up at $9, but that's a bit much.

dang anyone willing to help an international CAG out here? I'll PayPal :)
my gamestop i just went to had it still up for 4.99 PM me and we can work something out edit: i bought it for 4.99 and bought earthbound again since i had it before but sold that wii u = )

my gamestop i just went to had it still up for 4.99 PM me and we can work something out edit: i bought it for 4.99 and bought earthbound again since i had it before but sold that wii u = )
all you had to do was call Nintendo and ask them to delink your old account from the Wii u you sold then log in through your new Wii u and redownload earthbound for free.

really? ill try that right now!
yep. I just did it last week. They open up a case and email you with a special number to call. You call that number and then they'll do it for you right over the phone. Took about 4 days before I got that email to call again.

Got Wii tennis for $5 and bowling for $9 today at my gamestop. Rep through out the cases after he adjusted the transaction for me though. Thanks op.

Tried to get Tennis at two GS today, both refused to adjust the price :(
That stinks, but at least I'm not the only one that happened to. Was starting to think the GS I saw the reduced price at was just playing me by not reducing the price, since it seemed like everyone else who tried got the price adjustment. lol

Went to Gamestop yesterday and was able to get tennis for $5. The guy said it was a mistake but changed the price anyway. Saw bowling there for $9 but didnt feel it was worth it at that price. Thanks for the tip op!

bread's done
Back