PC Mac Borderlands 2 GOTY

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 EliteMilkman

EliteMilkman

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:41 PM

Lowest price I've seen on the PC/Mac version by far. Website says Mac version but the key you receive is redeemable on Steam and unlocks for whatever OS you are running. 

Borderlands 2 GOTY $14.99

“The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.”

CAG in the Shell

#2 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

Good deal! I have this feeling it'll be featured as a Steam daily soon at this price, but solid nonetheless. 

#3 Randolph4233

Randolph4233

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

DAMN!! I just jumped on it for $29.99 this morning!

#4 mangodrink

mangodrink

Man Got Drink?

• CAG Veteran

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

Please report lower price to Amazon while you're here.

Sucker for: zombies, open-world, metroidvania, cyberpunk, post-apocalyptic, steampunk, western, space sim, mech sim, stealth, scavenging, roguelike. Worth $5.00 each for solid implementation, plus $2.50 bonus for every seamless integration of each additional, up to $30 max, after crap bugs/elements penalized. I may not buy at $30, but I'd be super tempted.

TSW is a hell of a drug. Bought and kept DXHR on 3 platforms + director's, no regrets. Just Cause 2 >> Far Cry 3. Better studios need to rip off Fort Zombie.

#5 Wint3rSoldier

Wint3rSoldier

Put it in ur Mouf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

THANKS!!!

IamMedellin.pngcard.png

#6 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

Just to make sure: the Mac icon means the game is supported by both PC and Mac?  If so, then I'm all in on this; otherwise, I may just have to snatch either FF7 on GetGamesGo or La-Mulama on Steam.

Posted Image

#7 purduealum91

purduealum91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

I think this deal is dead.

#8 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:26 PM

Just to make sure: the Mac icon means the game is supported by both PC and Mac?  If so, then I'm all in on this; otherwise, I may just have to snatch either FF7 on GetGamesGo or La-Mulama on Steam.

@RXanadu

When thinking about getting games from 3rd party vendors who are selling Steam-keys, you need to cross-reference that by looking at the game's specific Steam-page.

You're basically looking for what is called STEAMPLAY support - click this link for details.

On a game's Steam-page, you want to Look for STEAMPLAY symbol and see what symbols for OS's are next to it - this means that the game-key activated gives you at least Windows + Mac versions.

Sometimes, this might ALSO includes Linux-versions, too - again, you need to check a game's page on Steam to see what's supported.

Examples:

In Borderlands 2's case, it supports STEAMPLAY - when getting a Steam-key of that game from anywhere, you will get you both Windows + Mac versions.

In Shadowrun Returns' case, it support STEAMPLAY - when getting a Steam-key of that, you'd wind-up with WIndows + Mac + Linux versions.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#9 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

@RXanadu

When thinking about getting games from 3rd party vendors who are selling Steam-keys, you need to cross-reference that by looking at the game's specific Steam-page.

You're basically looking for what is called STEAMPLAY support - click this link for details.

On a game's Steam-page, you want to Look for STEAMPLAY symbol and see what symbols for OS's are next to it - this means that the game-key activated gives you at least Windows + Mac versions.

Sometimes, this might ALSO includes Linux-versions, too - again, you need to check a game's page on Steam to see what's supported.

Examples:

In Borderlands 2's case, it supports STEAMPLAY - when getting a Steam-key of that game from anywhere, you will get you both Windows + Mac versions.

In Shadowrun Returns' case, it support STEAMPLAY - when getting a Steam-key of that, you'd wind-up with WIndows + Mac + Linux versions.

I have another question: if I already have Borderlands (which is the case for me), what will happen if I were to get the GOTY edition?

Posted Image

#10 Rxanadu

Rxanadu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

I think this deal is dead.

Yeah.  The deal died while I was away.  The Season Pass is still up for $15, which contains 4 major pieces of DLC supposedly taking place after the main game's story.  However, you still have to buy Kreig and Gaige separately, which is a bummer.

Posted Image

#11 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

I have another question: if I already have Borderlands (which is the case for me), what will happen if I were to get the GOTY edition?

If you buy a Complete Edition (that's containing also base game) and you already own base game - you only get the new content you're missing. :(

Unortunately, you do NOT get an extra copy gifted to you (to give away, trade, whatever), unfortunately - unless otherwise noted.

THIS page talks about what games if you own say already a base game and you do buy a Complete Edition, what games actually do net you an extra copy.

Not many games do this kind of promotional thing - it's kind of rare on Steam.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#12 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

If you buy a Complete Edition (that's containing also base game) and you already own base game - you only get the new content you're missing. :(

Unortunately, you do NOT get an extra copy gifted to you (to give away, trade, whatever), unfortunately - unless otherwise noted.

THIS page talks about what games if you own say already a base game and you do buy a Complete Edition, what games actually do net you an extra copy.

Not many games do this kind of promotional thing - it's kind of rare on Steam.

flatout complete pack also give u extra copy for gams u dont have

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF