Batman arkham origins blackgate 24.99$ @amazon

I have played it and honestly I really enjoy it. The map takes some getting used to and it is a bit short, but I have not finished it yet. The interesting part is that this combines a lot of different elements from other games. You have the classic Arkham feel/combat. Metroid-style exploration, and a semi-Mega Man level style in the sense that you can do certain areas whenever you want.

For example a friend of mine was like "How did you get past this part??" and I was like "uhhh...I didn't do that yet, but I did this part, have you done that?" Me thinking he was ahead of me, and he told me that he hadn't done that part yet. So we were both at parts in the game that neither of us had experienced yet. Not sure if that made sense, but I found that rather cool and unique.

EDIT: Between Batman, Rayman Legends, and Tearaway in the last few weeks for me, it's pretty awesome to have a Vita right now. Hopefully with the PS4 increasing Vita sales we'll see more and more games headed to the Vita.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snagged a copy the other day from BBY. Have yet to play it though, as Ys has completely taken over my gaming. That's a good price though, compared to where it's been.

i want bestbuy to drop the price to the 20$ or so ange so i can use gamer unlocked discount. this does seem like a badass potable game and not some cheap cash in. i cant get enough batman lol

I have played it. I have beaten it a few times. The map is maddening. The game, overall, is a ridiculous amount of fun though. I thoroughly enjoyed this game and I paid full retail the day it came out.

Nice atmosphere, good graphics, occasionally unresponsive controls, lots of backtracking (to be expected), and the map sucks.  It also has multiple paths depending on which bosses you do first.  I rented it from Gamefly and I don't think I'd pay over $20 for it.

I played and beat it on release and it's a good portable Arkham game. Some of the boss fights are kinda neat, others not so much. IMO it's worth $25.

bread's done
Back