Powerup rewards SOTW: 50% off ANY pre-owned games for 5000 points! YMMV?

Potatoechomper12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
DIdn't see this posted, but not that bad of a deal for people on the look out for cheap games that are $20 and under. Not sure if it will apply to more than one game in the same transaction. :3

https://www.gamestop.com/PowerUpRewards/

Edit: fine print says its good for only one preowned game.

Edit 2: this coupon works on any price preowned game! It also stacks with the birthday coupon ending in 2314! Just got Metro 2033(originally 29.99) for 10 dorrars! Get it while it's still hawt!

Edit 3: it has been confirmed that this does not work on 55 dollar games. I am still hoping that this works for games that are higher than $20. The highest I tried was $38. This deal is probably dead naow. :3 YMMV.

Edit 4: according to sodapopinski..."I tried to use a $25 off any item Powerup coupon on a gas card last night. The system wouldn't apply the coupon to the total. I've bought these cards many times with the exact same coupon, and it usually works with no issues. Competent ASM then calls the Powerup helpline. They gave him some interesting info that may be relevant to this thread; apparently they are experiencing coding problems with the redemption of Powerup coupons. This has been a known issue for the last two days. The rep. suggested I try back tomorrow, or the next day, as the issue should be resolved by then."
Thanks for the info sodapopinski!

Credit goes to nietzsche74 for trying this out!

Last edited by a moderator:
At most this is $10 off, for 5000 points. Isn't a $10 off used games coupon normally 8000 points? So this is at best a 3,000 point savings, which isn't bad. But unless you know you are getting a $20 game this is not that great IMO. Thanks for posting this none the less.

Just checked the coupon and this only applies to one game. From the coupon: Under $20, and this is your chance to get 50% off any one pre-owned game under $20, from Monday, December 2, through Sunday, December 22

Me just printed coupon, and though website states only good on game under $20, NOWHERE on coupon does it specify amount. Me need to look into this...

Actual text of coupon: "50% off the purchase of a pre-owned game"

No mention specific amount in fine print.

If anyone has one they are not going to use I would be forever in debt to you. I would even be willing to barter a little.

As a new Wii U owner I am really interested in NintendoLand to play with my daughter and this would make it $7.50. PM me if you can part with it.

If anyone has one they are not going to use I would be forever in debt to you. I would even be willing to barter a little.

As a new Wii U owner I am really interested in NintendoLand to play with my daughter and this would make it $7.50. PM me if you can part with it.
These coupons cost points which you get for spending money. So I doubt anyone would trade one for something that would make the $7.50 discount worth it. It's not like these are free to all PUR paid members like the @Gamer coupons are. These are more akin to the BBY Reward Zone certificates.

By "amount", me referring to price of pre-owned game, not amount of games. Coupon not specify game have to be under $20.

That Cookie Monster shtick has got to go.

Not a bad coupon compared to the regular catalog ones, but complete ass compared to the past few months of great SotW offers.

These coupons cost points which you get for spending money. So I doubt anyone would trade one for something that would make the $7.50 discount worth it. It's not like these are free to all PUR paid members like the @Gamer coupons are. These are more akin to the BBY Reward Zone certificates.

Ah ok.

Thanks I'm not a paid member so I didn't know. Thanks :)

Ah ok.

Thanks I'm not a paid member so I didn't know. Thanks :)
You don't have to be a paid member to get this coupon, you just have to be a Powerup Rewards member, either the free or paid membership. You also need to accumulate 5000 in reward points to redeem this coupon. If you have any questions, please pm me. :)

By "amount", me referring to price of pre-owned game, not amount of games. Coupon not specify game have to be under $20.
Man, if this works, I'll definitely hop on one! Could someone please test this out?

Also, as someone who also has a Cookie Monster avatar, I agree that the shtick has to go as well :)

Coupon work on any game, even game OVER $20!!! Me get $29.99 used Super Mario Galaxy 2 for only $13.49. Me wonder if this glitch, so me say GET 'EM WHILE YOU CAN!!!

And who this "Cookie Monster" person everyone talk about?

Coupon work on any game, even game OVER $20!!! Me get $29.99 used Super Mario Galaxy 2 for only $13.49. Me wonder if this glitch, so me say GET 'EM WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Thanks for testing it out! I'll still wait until others come back successful.

Oh, and Cookie, that sure isn't a german accent you're using.

I can confirm this as well! Thanks nietzsche74! I can also confirm that this stacks with the birthday coupon ending in 2314! Just got Metro 2033 for 10 dorrars and change!

Nothing beats the "25% off preowned" coupon that GS offered as a SOTW for only 500 points.  It applied to EVERYTHING preowned, I used it on PSPs, an extra Vita, and a game. 

I doubt they'll offer that again anytime soon.

Can anyone tell me how the math works on a $54.99 game?

$55 - 50% (SOTW) = $27.5

$27.5 - 25% (BDay) = $20.63

$20.63 - 10% (PUR) = $18.57?

Bday is only 20%. I used his example of getting metro for 10 and it worked out in the opposite order you have it. Came to a little less than $20.

$55 - 50% (SOTW) = $27.5

probably won't stack with the bday coupon but I bet it will with your pro pur card.

Also cookie monster please stop it's lame

probably won't stack with the bday coupon but I bet it will with your pro pur card.

Also cookie monster please stop it's lame
10% PUR discount applies to REMAINING BALANCE after 50% discount (so no 60% discount.)

Me need way to make another 5,000 points, FAST!

$55 - 50% (SOTW) = $27.5

Everything seems right except for the bday coupon, which is only 20%. So total would actually be 19.80. Still pretty good, you're essentially getting 35 dorrars off. :D

Edit: Pewpers someone beat me to it. :p

Hmm, would love to pick up some coupons, specifically I'm eyeing the XB1 games I don't have, such as Battlefield, ACIV, Madden, and NBA 2K14.

So it should break down like this for a $54.99 game if you u stack both coupons and have PUR Pro

$55.00 - $27.50 (50% SOTW) - $5.50 (20% Birthday) - $2.00 (PowerUp Card 10%) = $20 + Tax

Coupon work on any game, even game OVER $20!!! Me get $29.99 used Super Mario Galaxy 2 for only $13.49. Me wonder if this glitch, so me say GET 'EM WHILE YOU CAN!!!

I'm gonna try it out tomorrow if i can.

Both of those posts are true. However, I am comparing it to another deal. I've got a topic floating around here about some scratch-off coupons that are, or were, available for free. I have 2 50%, 1 40%, 1 30%, and countless 20% and 10% off coupons. No points or anything required.

bread's done
Back