Carcassonne is free TODAY ONLY on Amazon appstore

How do Amazon Apps work with Android?

I have a Verizon GalaxyS4 so it has the Google Play Store.
Download their app store APK and install it. The problem is that all of their software isn't going to be trusted by Android, so you have to manually go kick on the Untrusted Sources option in your security settings to install the main Amazon app, every app you download and any time there is updates, then you can turn the option back off. Unless you want to just keep that option on, which, you know, is crazy. BTW, the Amazon store app has to remain on your phone or installed Amazon apps will not work.

That said, I saw Carcassonne last night and grabbed it immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Download their app store APK and install it. The problem is that all of their software isn't going to be trusted by Android, so you have to manually go kick on the Untrusted Sources option in your security settings to install the main Amazon app, every app you download and any time there is updates, then you can turn the option back off. Unless you want to just keep that option on, which, you know, is crazy.BTW, the Amazon store app has to remain on your phone or installed Amazon apps will not work.

That said, I saw Carcassonne last night and grabbed it immediately.
Is there really a security risk? My understanding is that unchecking it just means you can install third-party apps not on Google Play, not that it just installs everything willy nilly without prompting you.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back