Photo
- - - - -

Coinstar - Cash In $40 for Toys R Us, Get $10 Bonus (Select Stores)

Coinstar Toys R Us

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:31 PM

Just got this in my email. If you have one of these stores around, you can score yourself a great deal for your holiday shopping. FYI - Coinstar machines also accept bills, and I have used them for a previous XBL promotion.

From the terms on the website: Only coin transactions qualify for this promotion. Transactions made with bills are not eligible.

https://www.coinstar.com/kioskfinder

trucoinstar.jpg

#2 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Edit: nvm

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#3 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

There are no fees when you cash in your coins for a giftcard. The fee applies when you want cold hard cash (and coins) in a voucher.

My First Ever Lowball: Live now! Ends 6/28!  http://www.cheapassg...ll-auction-v10/

#4 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

Oh, yeah!  Good point.

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#5 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

Can you provide the link that's in that email to find kiosks doing this?

#6 HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

Can you provide the link that's in that email to find kiosks doing this?

No problem - https://www.coinstar.com/kioskfinder

I also added it to the main post.

#7 BobTheFlub

BobTheFlub

Sepulchritude

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:55 PM

Hm, cool, I did this last time this deal came around, just got some rolls of quarters from another store and then cashed them in. The cashiers were super confused about the bonus code though, there wasn't a scannable code on it, and they kept messing up the input number, until I pointed out that the last four number were probably the PIN and not part of the code.

If I can find another deal to combo with this, then I'll probably use it again. Thanks for the post OP.

#8 HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

Hm, cool, I did this last time this deal came around, just got some rolls of quarters from another store and then cashed them in. The cashiers were super confused about the bonus code though, there wasn't a scannable code on it, and they kept messing up the input number, until I pointed out that the last four number were probably the PIN and not part of the code.

If I can find another deal to combo with this, then I'll probably use it again. Thanks for the post OP.

That's a lot of work. I'm pretty sure that all Coinstar machines have bill feeders in them now. When I did a similar deal last year, I just fed it a couple $20 bills and was on my way.

Do this enough times, and you can get a PS4 for $320 or an X1 for $400. I wish I had the money to pull that kind of move right now. 

#9 mathyou

mathyou

Fart berries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

They list specific grocery stores - does anyone know if other, unlisted stores with Coinstar machines tend to participate?

#10 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

Can we redeem multiple vouchers in a single transaction?

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#11 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Ah, here's the details: https://www.coinstar.../#specialOffers

Scroll down a bit. One thing that's kind of funny: the $10 bonus code expires on 12/31/80. I will keep that in mind 67 years from now. LOL.

#12 NuclearPorkchop

NuclearPorkchop

Herc Mondo's Cousin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

Fuck yeah, now I just need to get lucky and have my local TRU actually carry the figures I wanted. Thanks OP.

Currently Playing:
:ps3: MGS Peace Walker HD

:360: n/a
:pc: Arkham Asylum; Hawken; Whatever Playfire tells me to play.

Add me on Steam, we'll play games and stuff:

#13 HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

They list specific grocery stores - does anyone know if other, unlisted stores with Coinstar machines tend to participate?

I'm pretty sure that Coinstar made a deal with just that chain of stores. (They're all owned by the same corporation.) Last year, when there was a XBL offer at Kroger brand stores, I checked at other stores, and it wasn't available.

Can we redeem multiple vouchers in a single transaction?

It says "Get an extra $10 when you cash in $40 or more in coins for a Toys"R"Us eGift Card!" Sounds like you'll only get one bonus certificate per transaction.

#14 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Fuck yeah, now I just need to get lucky and have my local TRU actually carry the figures I wanted. Thanks OP.

Wouldn't this gift card also work for online purchases?

foxhack.jpg

#15 HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Wouldn't this gift card also work for online purchases?

You should be able to. It's supposed to be the same as any other gift card, just printed on paper. I feel sorry for the checker that has to manually type in $500 worth of the things.

#16 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Not bad.  Still waiting for the Amazon deal they do like this.  It was many years ago when I took advantage of it.

Posted Image

#17 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

You should be able to. It's supposed to be the same as any other gift card, just printed on paper. I feel sorry for the checker that has to manually type in $500 worth of the things.

I thought they actually gave you a gift card. My local Food4Less (Kroger) has store giftcards so I just assumed they used the credit from the voucher and gave you a card.

foxhack.jpg

#18 HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:34 PM

I thought they actually gave you a gift card. My local Food4Less (Kroger) has store giftcards so I just assumed they used the credit from the voucher and gave you a card.

It would be nice, but it doesn't work that way. The machine prints it for you on the spot. 

#19 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

Not bad.  Still waiting for the Amazon deal they do like this.  It was many years ago when I took advantage of it.

That was an awesome time. I sat there for an hour feeding in coins to try and constantly hit the exact 40 dollar mark each time.

#20 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

Yeah, I wish it was amazon and not TRU. For one thing the local TRU closed a few years back. There is one that's not TOO far away, though. Can you use "gift cards" at TRU to buy Nintendo eShop cards (or other cards)?

#21 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:56 PM

It says "Get an extra $10 when you cash in $40 or more in coins for a Toys"R"Us eGift Card!" Sounds like you'll only get one bonus certificate per transaction.

let me clarify what i meant: can i deposit 3 separate transactions of $40 bills at Coinstar, get 3 $50 TRU certificates, and use all $150 worth of certs on a PS4?  That expiration date needs to be confirmed.

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#22 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

let me clarify what i meant: can i deposit 3 separate transactions of $40 bills at Coinstar, get 3 $50 TRU certificates, and use all $150 worth of certs on a PS4? That expiration date needs to be confirmed.

It should as long as it doesn't require any identifying things ie: email address

It's an e-gift card too.

#23 HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

let me clarify what i meant: can i deposit 3 separate transactions of $40 bills at Coinstar, get 3 $50 TRU certificates, and use all $150 worth of certs on a PS4?  That expiration date needs to be confirmed.

According to: http://www.toysrus.c...isplay=giftCard

Is there a Limit on How Many Cards I Can Use On An Order?
- Yes. You can redeem up to five Gift Cards per order.

They're talking about online orders above. I can't find any info about in-store transactions, but I can't imagine that there's any real limit. Sales paid with gift cards still count toward store sales, and that's all that matters to management. Of course, if you hand a checker ten $50 gift cards that all have to be entered manually, you won't be making a friend.

#24 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

From the terms on the website: Only coin transactions qualify for this promotion. Transactions made with bills are not eligible.

#25 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

Four rolls of quarters = $40 + $10 GC. Time for a trip to the bank!  :)

Have some extra quarters in case there are any rejects.

#26 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:23 PM

So no one really thought of just going to the bank and cashing out bills for coins? Lol

xivpads.png

#27 HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

Damn. I didn't see that. Thanks.

Four rolls of quarters = $40 + $10 GC. Time for a trip to the bank!  :)

Have some extra quarters in case there are any rejects.

Yep. Makes this a bit more of a pain, but still worth it.

#28 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

it's worth noting, if you put in 40$ in any denomination including 20$ bills you still get the bonus. I have a lot of fun with a similiar Amazon promotion last year.

Ahh the thread was moving to quick for me to see the coins exclusion, so I guess to the bank I go to get quarter rolls :)

Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#29 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:28 PM

it's worth noting, if you put in 40$ in any denomination including 20$ bills you still get the bonus. I have a lot of fun with a similiar Amazon promotion last year.

Ahh the thread was moving to quick for me to see the coins exclusion, so I guess to the bank I go to get quarter rolls :)

Even if the terms says Bill transactions don't qualify?

xivpads.png

#30 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

I'm pretty sure that Coinstar made a deal with just that chain of stores. (They're all owned by the same corporation.) Last year, when there was a XBL offer at Kroger brand stores, I checked at other stores, and it wasn't available.

For those that have the listed stores, is there mention of the promo when you check the finder?

PM for BB GCU and Elite+ services!