Coinstar - Cash In $40 for Toys R Us, Get $10 Bonus (Select Stores)

HairyTrucker

CAGiversary!
Just got this in my email. If you have one of these stores around, you can score yourself a great deal for your holiday shopping. FYI - Coinstar machines also accept bills, and I have used them for a previous XBL promotion.

From the terms on the website: Only coin transactions qualify for this promotion. Transactions made with bills are not eligible.

https://www.coinstar.com/kioskfinder

trucoinstar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no fees when you cash in your coins for a giftcard. The fee applies when you want cold hard cash (and coins) in a voucher.

Hm, cool, I did this last time this deal came around, just got some rolls of quarters from another store and then cashed them in. The cashiers were super confused about the bonus code though, there wasn't a scannable code on it, and they kept messing up the input number, until I pointed out that the last four number were probably the PIN and not part of the code.

If I can find another deal to combo with this, then I'll probably use it again. Thanks for the post OP.

Hm, cool, I did this last time this deal came around, just got some rolls of quarters from another store and then cashed them in. The cashiers were super confused about the bonus code though, there wasn't a scannable code on it, and they kept messing up the input number, until I pointed out that the last four number were probably the PIN and not part of the code.

If I can find another deal to combo with this, then I'll probably use it again. Thanks for the post OP.
That's a lot of work. I'm pretty sure that all Coinstar machines have bill feeders in them now. When I did a similar deal last year, I just fed it a couple $20 bills and was on my way.

Do this enough times, and you can get a PS4 for $320 or an X1 for $400. I wish I had the money to pull that kind of move right now.

They list specific grocery stores - does anyone know if other, unlisted stores with Coinstar machines tend to participate?

They list specific grocery stores - does anyone know if other, unlisted stores with Coinstar machines tend to participate?
I'm pretty sure that Coinstar made a deal with just that chain of stores. (They're all owned by the same corporation.) Last year, when there was a XBL offer at Kroger brand stores, I checked at other stores, and it wasn't available.

Can we redeem multiple vouchers in a single transaction?
It says "Get an extra $10 when you cash in $40 or more in coins for a Toys"R"Us eGift Card!" Sounds like you'll only get one bonus certificate per transaction.

You should be able to. It's supposed to be the same as any other gift card, just printed on paper. I feel sorry for the checker that has to manually type in $500 worth of the things.
I thought they actually gave you a gift card. My local Food4Less (Kroger) has store giftcards so I just assumed they used the credit from the voucher and gave you a card.

I thought they actually gave you a gift card. My local Food4Less (Kroger) has store giftcards so I just assumed they used the credit from the voucher and gave you a card.
It would be nice, but it doesn't work that way. The machine prints it for you on the spot.

Yeah, I wish it was amazon and not TRU. For one thing the local TRU closed a few years back. There is one that's not TOO far away, though. Can you use "gift cards" at TRU to buy Nintendo eShop cards (or other cards)?

It says "Get an extra $10 when you cash in $40 or more in coins for a Toys"R"Us eGift Card!" Sounds like you'll only get one bonus certificate per transaction.

let me clarify what i meant: can i deposit 3 separate transactions of $40 bills at Coinstar, get 3 $50 TRU certificates, and use all $150 worth of certs on a PS4? That expiration date needs to be confirmed.

let me clarify what i meant: can i deposit 3 separate transactions of $40 bills at Coinstar, get 3 $50 TRU certificates, and use all $150 worth of certs on a PS4? That expiration date needs to be confirmed.
It should as long as it doesn't require any identifying things ie: email address

It's an e-gift card too.

According to: http://www.toysrus.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=gift&subdisplay=giftCard

Is there a Limit on How Many Cards I Can Use On An Order?
- Yes. You can redeem up to five Gift Cards per order.

They're talking about online orders above. I can't find any info about in-store transactions, but I can't imagine that there's any real limit. Sales paid with gift cards still count toward store sales, and that's all that matters to management. Of course, if you hand a checker ten $50 gift cards that all have to be entered manually, you won't be making a friend.

From the terms on the website: Only coin transactions qualify for this promotion. Transactions made with bills are not eligible.

Four rolls of quarters = $40 + $10 GC. Time for a trip to the bank!  :)

Have some extra quarters in case there are any rejects.

it's worth noting, if you put in 40$ in any denomination including 20$ bills you still get the bonus. I have a lot of fun with a similiar Amazon promotion last year.

Ahh the thread was moving to quick for me to see the coins exclusion, so I guess to the bank I go to get quarter rolls :)

it's worth noting, if you put in 40$ in any denomination including 20$ bills you still get the bonus. I have a lot of fun with a similiar Amazon promotion last year.

Ahh the thread was moving to quick for me to see the coins exclusion, so I guess to the bank I go to get quarter rolls :)
Even if the terms says Bill transactions don't qualify?

I'm pretty sure that Coinstar made a deal with just that chain of stores. (They're all owned by the same corporation.) Last year, when there was a XBL offer at Kroger brand stores, I checked at other stores, and it wasn't available.
For those that have the listed stores, is there mention of the promo when you check the finder?

Wouldn't this gift card also work for online purchases?
It would, but TRU shipping would kill most of the $10 bonus. I think the minimum req. for free shipping is $79, or at least it was back in Spring when I ordered a boat-load of NECA figures. Also most of the stuff I want isn't available for store-pickup anyways.

That's a lot of work. I'm pretty sure that all Coinstar machines have bill feeders in them now. When I did a similar deal last year, I just fed it a couple $20 bills and was on my way.

Do this enough times, and you can get a PS4 for $320 or an X1 for $400. I wish I had the money to pull that kind of move right now.
i want to do this and get an xbox one. is there a limit to how many voucher codes can be applied at the register? that's 20 codes that will need to be redeemed ($40x10 + $10x10)

They may not allow you to buy gift cards with gift cards. A lot of places don't allow that. Also as was already noted, you can't use bills for this promo. Only coins. Get rolls of quarters.

Word of caution to anyone considering this: Coinstar's failure mechanism is to just issue a cash voucher if it doesn't feel like issuing the gc you requested. Had to stand around while customer service for my store bitched them out over such a poor policy. Took about ten minutes before Coinstar agreed to just waive the fee.

I just got back from TRU with my new Kindle fire HD! Thanks to this promotion, it only cost me $123!! Even better, they're giving out $10 GC's with any Kindle Fire purchase. Ultimately, it only cost me $113!!!

Thankfully, the main GC has a scannable barcode, but the promotional code has to be entered manually. Make sure that you make it clear to the teller that the LAST FOUR digits of the promotional code is the PIN. I had to explain it to her several times before she understood what I was talking about.

Thanks for the confirm guys. What's the listed expiration date on the gift cards?
I don't have a pic, but I looked at it when I was checking out. It's something ridiculous like 2060 or 2080. You should be able to find something to spend it on by then.

Actually, I do have a pic:

1207131557.jpg

Man, would be a SWEET deal to get a PS4.

But none of those stores are anywhere near me. Only one I've even heard of is Safeway (guess the others are all owned by the same company, just region/state specific or something?). Apparantly they aren't in the entire southeastern united states, because nothing comes up for me within 100 miles, and I also tried random big cities like Atlanta and still nothing. 

Man, would be a SWEET deal to get a PS4.

But none of those stores are anywhere near me. Only one I've even heard of is Safeway (guess the others are all owned by the same company, just region/state specific or something?). Apparantly they aren't in the entire southeastern united states, because nothing comes up for me within 100 miles, and I also tried random big cities like Atlanta and still nothing.
Same here. This promotion is laughable at best unless you live in BFE where one of these stores actually exists. They did one for Kroger in July which was legit, (Wal-mart would be optimal) but I guess they lost too much money so they had to limit it to stores that no one's ever heard of. I used this locator and none of the stores Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Dominick’s, Randalls and Tom Thumb came up anywhere near me. Fail.

https://coinstar.com/kioskfinder/ToysRUs

just got done turning $400 into a $500 gift card at toys r us. now i have to get in line tomorrow morning to score an xbox one.
So after other customers have waited in the long line for the Xbox One, you handed a checker ten gift cards that to be entered manually? How long did you tie up the checkout line LOL?!?!

So after other customers have waited in the long line for the Xbox One, you handed a checker ten gift cards that to be entered manually? How long did you tie up the checkout line LOL?!?!
Why wouldn't you ask them to put it all on one card, that's what I'd do. I'd go the day before, and when it's time I'm ready. Lol

Why wouldn't you ask them to put it all on one card, that's what I'd do. I'd go the day before, and when it's time I'm ready. Lol
It doesn't work that way. The store doesn't give you a card. The coinstar machine prints out a slip with two GC codes on it for each $40.

bread's done
Back