Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

GameStop 20% off bday coupon (UPDATED, EXPIRES JULY 31ST)

• Please log in to reply
485 replies to this topic

#421 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

Hoping to use this all the games I wanted were new and always last copy so nothing marked used or sealed

690810.png

#422 sovereignNX-73811

sovereignNX-73811

Unofficial official CAG Troll

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

OK I've got five three ONE more code. PM me now while I'm still at a computer!

#423 dannycaled

dannycaled

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

OK I've got five more codes. Ask me now while I'm still at a computer!

Me! Pick Me!

#424 TheDudeGamer

TheDudeGamer

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

OK I've got five more codes. Ask me now while I'm still at a computer!

I'd like one please

#425 sovereignNX-73811

sovereignNX-73811

• CAG in Training

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:37 PM

Me! Pick Me!

Sent you a PM.

#426 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

Thanks for the coupon!!  Saved $4 on a game my kid wanted!!!  

#427 motaku96

motaku96

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

Alright, after careful pondering, I decided to pick up
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate $19.99
Yakuza 4 $14.99
Final Fantasy XIII $12.99

DOA5U is still $30 on amazon.
I've never played the yakuza games but always hear good things about it. But the deciding factor was that it's like $60 from 3rd party sellers on amazon. Hope I'm not too lost starting at 4.
And I've always wanted to get FFXIII. Just got a PS3 recently.

Now for my gamestop experience. I went to the gs nearby. Found the games. FFXIII and Yakuza 4 didn't have their original cases. Just those generic black cases. Yuck! Picked them up anyway. At the register, the lady said I can't use two coupons! I asked her to try scanning it anyway but she refused and said it would override the other. I said fine, whatever. I bought them and went home not totally satisfied.

Then I decided to go back out to another gamestop further away. I knew they had the FFXIII case so I wanted to see if they'd let me swap cases. They did! I also found Yakuza 4 so I swapped that case too. Then I asked the cashier if the 1 coupon per transaction thing was true. She said she could try it. She went through the trouble of doing a return/rebuy for me. The coupons stacked as they should have. I got $4 back(from DOA5U). I love this gamestop. I've shopped there 3 times and all of them have been great experiences. So different from the usual gamestop experience.

Also, thank you Sovereign, I used your coupon.
I have 1 more buy2get1. Had to use 2 because of the return/rebuy situation. I don't plan to use the last one so lemme know if anyone wants it.

#428 MadeOfLead

MadeOfLead

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:50 PM

Alright, after careful pondering, I decided to pick up
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate $19.99
Yakuza 4 $14.99
Final Fantasy XIII $12.99

DOA5U is still $30 on amazon.
I've never played the yakuza games but always hear good things about it. But the deciding factor was that it's like $60 from 3rd party sellers on amazon. Hope I'm not too lost starting at 4.
And I've always wanted to get FFXIII. Just got a PS3 recently.

Now for my gamestop experience. I went to the gs nearby. Found the games. FFXIII and Yakuza 4 didn't have their original cases. Just those generic black cases. Yuck! Picked them up anyway. At the register, the lady said I can't use two coupons! I asked her to try scanning it anyway but she refused and said it would override the other. I said fine, whatever. I bought them and went home not totally satisfied.

Then I decided to go back out to another gamestop further away. I knew they had the FFXIII case so I wanted to see if they'd let me swap cases. They did! I also found Yakuza 4 so I swapped that case too. Then I asked the cashier if the 1 coupon per transaction thing was true. She said she could try it. She went through the trouble of doing a return/rebuy for me. The coupons stacked as they should have. I got $4 back(from DOA5U). I love this gamestop. I've shopped there 3 times and all of them have been great experiences. So different from the usual gamestop experience.

Also, thank you Sovereign, I used your coupon.
I have 1 more buy2get1. Had to use 2 because of the return/rebuy situation. I don't plan to use the last one so lemme know if anyone wants it.

Would definitely like this coupon if you still got it man, gonna try and pick up a nice collection of PS4 games when I trade TLOUS Remastered at the end of the month.

#429 motaku96

motaku96

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

Would definitely like this coupon if you still got it man, gonna try and pick up a nice collection of PS4 games when I trade TLOUS Remastered at the end of the month.

I pm'd you. But remember it's gotta be under $20. Dunno how many ps4 games gamestop has under $20.

#430 MadeOfLead

MadeOfLead

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

I pm'd you. But remember it's gotta be under $20. Dunno how many ps4 games gamestop has under $20.

Yeah just realized this but I'm gonna just do some good ol' fashioned flipping haha thanks for the code man.

#431 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

I reported trouble earlier but it worked this time. Saved 5 on theatrhythm

690810.png

#432 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:55 PM

haven't stopped by gamestop for some time, gonna use this to pick up Dragon's Crown maybe

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#433 midloo

midloo

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

I wanted two used games that were below $20 and one used game that was $24.99.  I was hoping the birthday coupon would drop the price of the most expensive game down below $20 and then the B2G1 under $20 coupon would work, but it didn't.  I heard on CAG that some people had success doing this, so I'm not sure if it was the employee or something I could have done differently. 

Posted Image

#434 TroyMcLure -PSN/XBL

TroyMcLure -PSN/XBL

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

Thanks you all posting the newer versions. Just got Diablo ps4 used for 40
522857.png

#435 Fanboygamer

Fanboygamer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

Can anyone email me a scan of the newest bday coupon for some reason my work doesn't like cheapassgamer in its browser TIA

#436 sovereignNX-73811

sovereignNX-73811

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Can anyone email me a scan of the newest bday coupon for some reason my work doesn't like cheapassgamer in its browser TIA

https://www.dropbox....coupon.PNG?dl=0

Try this.

#437 Fanboygamer

Fanboygamer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

https://www.dropbox....coupon.PNG?dl=0

Try this.

Much appreciated

#438 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

What is the expiration on this one?

#439 sovereignNX-73811

sovereignNX-73811

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

Much appreciated

NP!

What is the expiration on this one?

This one expires 10/31. You're good to go.

#440 qualityman13

qualityman13

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:19 PM

Anyone here have the b-day coupon that ends in 855? I was sent the code from GameStop but when I went to the store it would not go through. I am wondering if it is not activated yet or if they sent an expired code. ( I emailed their customer service back but It figured I would ask here as well)
Want 20% off games at Best Buy? Click here. http://www.cheapassg...t-buy-discount/
Free Amazon Prime For 3 Months (Enjoy Free Two day Shipping)
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#441 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:56 AM

Happy birthday to....all of us again!! 

Screen Shot 2014-08-30 at 8.52.55 PM.png

Good till the end of November.  Black Friday used sales here we come

#442 pittsnoggle

pittsnoggle

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:04 AM

Anyone here have the b-day coupon that ends in 855? I was sent the code from GameStop but when I went to the store it would not go through. I am wondering if it is not activated yet or if they sent an expired code. ( I emailed their customer service back but It figured I would ask here as well)

the game has to be scanned first. I want once and the cag code didnt work and I realized he never scanned it. a week later same store same game and the code worked fine.

690810.png

#443 ChuckyDJ

ChuckyDJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:01 AM

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-08-30 at 8.52.55 PM.png

Mucho Gracias!

#444 frosty47

frosty47

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:31 AM

I changed my bday in my online profile last night. After 2 visits at 2 stores today it's now mysteriously changed back. 

#445 Shaniqwa

Shaniqwa

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:15 AM

For the love of god update the OP twitter!

#446 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:22 AM

Probably a dumb question, but I hardly ever shop at GS anymore...but will this coupon stack with the $5 Kongregate coupon?

#447 jvang117

jvang117

Friendly CAG

• CAG in Training

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:31 AM

Probably a dumb question, but I hardly ever shop at GS anymore...but will this coupon stack with the $5 Kongregate coupon?

Yes. YMMV on whether your employee will try both coupons though!

Currently Playing:  :ps4: Destiny / The Last of Us Remastered  :ps3: Destiny / Sleeping Dogs  :vita: Doki Doki Universe  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 / Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate  :3ds: Pokemon X / Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Most Recently Beat:  :ps3: The Walking Dead: Season 2 / Rain / The Last of Us

#448 Mishimaryu

Mishimaryu

EWGF! (f,N~d~d/f+2)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

a new one? Sweet!

#449 Mishimaryu

Mishimaryu

EWGF! (f,N~d~d/f+2)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-08-30 at 8.52.55 PM.png

I didn't realize this was the barcode only, mind posting the full coupon image if possible?

#450 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:52 PM

So I went in to use the bday coupon with the $5 off "K" coupon, I know they stack because I've done it. However, at this particular gs, they refuse to scan it, claiming it wont stack, as usual, I asked them to try, but then he said he can see my account "has been flagged to have used the bday coupon already" and that "each account should only use the bday coupon once (I guess he meant per year)". 

Do we have any insiders here willing to explain exactly what info is tracked? Specifically, does system track how may times any particular coupon has been applied to the account? If so, does it have time stamp with each use?

I am all for abusing GS for all I can but will hate to get a lifetime ban.... 

Thanks!!!

Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
weapon05.gif
Come checkout the DAISENRYAKU discussion thread.
Show your support to bring more of this awesome strategy title to North America!