Heroes of Dragon Age

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
So there's a mobile Dragon Age game out now, free to play, and it's actually better than I thought it'd be.

Dragon Age Legends shared Heroes of Dragon Age's photo.
Woot! Woot!

Heroes of Dragon Age is now live on the App Store and Google Play! Build a party of epic warriors and monsters from Dragon Age lore and bring them to life in strategic 3D combat – for FREE. Summon your heroes today!
Eh I believe it's a good game, it's surprised me as I thought it'd be your typical mobile game. For being a free to play game on iOS and Android it's actually pretty good. There's two ways to go about, Quest or Battle, pretty much PvE, or PvP, and you go defeat each stage of a map, with the last stage being the boss. Your party can exist from Common Heroes all the way up to Rare and EPIC Heroes and you can unlock more via the in-game coins and gems you accumulate doing battle as well as the real money microtransactions. Pick up a pack and depending on its caliber receive a new Hero and Rune. Each map gives you a new story based on DA lore but it's mostly what you've already found out while playing other DA games. The game is brutal just like any DA game would be so yeah I think there's grinding involved to "Master" each quest - I've found it about necessary to Battle and build up your coffers to then use to attain packs. That or obviously for the impatient to just buy bonuses for your party. The ones I've used, they give you a bunch starting out, were improving my power, reducing damage dealt to your party, having smarter hero units as there's a rune to attack the unit that has the least amount of health by default or go for the unit that has the quickest attack.

I've played a similar game called Spirit Stones where you collect cards and upgrade your party members by combining duplicate copies or by sacrificing unused ones to boost primary said cards. There's also a ton of microtransactions with that one too because again it's free to play. The gameplay with that is a lot different though, not as deep as HoDA and the gameplay mechanics relies on matching three of a kind to deal damage to the enemy considering whichever color you collected. There's also the notion to unlock more quests or go back and get all the loot, in this case either player cards or actual loot, from previous quests. It's actually funny I just started playing Spirit Stones and then played HoDA today. I was like oh huh they took elements of ST but have more combat statistics and strategy choices along with DA lore.

HoDA shares this mechanic, boost your party member via the unused hero since you can only have four heroes in your squad as well as 1 giant creature.

See your initiative in combat depends on the speed of the heroes, slower heroes obviously attack after quicker heroes. You can arrange your heroes in the front row and they'll get a health bonus, in contrast you could choose to place your heroes in the back row and thus increasing their focus and chance of dealing double damage. You can get bonuses by using Runes, available in packs you get, but you'll also get a natural bonus of matching faction colors of your squad members. There's a Magic the Gathering like countering system where in a counter-clockwise notion Black beats White, which beats Red, which in entails beats Blue which beats Black and so on. So you could come across an enemy squad of all one color faction. Then you'd have to decide if you'd want an all counter color squad or boost your squad with higher level heroes or maybe damage reducing Runes. There's more here if you want to go deeper. Not bad for a free to play Dragon Age game. Presentation is pretty good but it is a shame there's no input once you click start combat.

Hmm, I'm still trying to nail down the randomness with the combat as sometimes you do have a chance of winning a match you had already lost. NPC characters would attack different targets, do critical damage or not and probably a bit more under the hood stat changes.

I love how this just came out and it's already one of Google Play's Top Picks of 2013.

Payola?

I've been meaning to download and try it though. Hopefully it's more strategy rather than action based.

I normally don't like mobile games of big franchise titles, but this does sounds really promising. I may have to grab it. :)

Thanks for sharing. 

FYI

There's been a big update for the game. Added achievements and these "goals" will reward you with in game currency and gems. Not bad, I can see this transferring over to other games that have micro-transactions in the background.

ey7vWsD.jpg

It's all about the 2x damage, consume those less than favored heroes with your Rare and Epic ones and watch the sparks fly baby! Fights can be Brutal and it reminds me of playing Civilization Revolution with not knowing if I'll win or loose in combat.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Arishok is my favorite rare and has tons of health placed in the 1st column. He can just soak up the damage while my casters in back focus up 2X damage or attack normally.

Game was updated again with more achievements/rewards and a special in-game challenge event. Unlocked a Rare hero, pretty sweet.

My MVP is def the Epic Arishok right now and it's only a I (Roman Numeral) at level 30 with 760 Power/1743 Health. I couldn't imagine combining two of them or even three. I've got mine at 10% to do 2X damage too, muhaha.

Arishokpaint.jpg

I guess there's a free Android Exclusive out, don't know if you'll get it for being an Android user now but none the less they sent them out to Android players of Hodor HoDA. Rare Wintersend Rock Wraith

Ahh checked Facebook and it's iOS and Android, claim now.

iOS users get:

1531702_340235012781044_1960027002_n.jpg

Additionally, both iOS and Android devices each have FREE exclusive units! Log in NOW and claim yours! Also available for a limited time, so act fast! http://bit.ly/HeroesOfDA

Wow someone made a spreadsheet of the units in the game lol.

Dragnmistris
user-offline.png

Community DragonHey everyone!

First of all, please understand that this is NOT an official unit list from the development team. That is still in the works.

In the meantime, several of our esteemed players - Philip Field and the Dragon Age Team Increase group on Facebook, have compiled a spectacular list of what they've currently seen in the game.

Go take a look! http://bit.ly/HODA_Unit_List

I've been playing this since launch. Great little game to play on break but the drop rates and level difficulties suck. I was on another forum and saw some guy complain he has spent over $500 on this game and I can only pray he was joking. Spending $500 on any game is dumb enough but a cellphone game at that hood god...

bread's done
Back