Best storage case/sleeve for Vita?

Dead of Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Proud new owner of Vita thanks to BF.  However, since it's not clamshell like the 3DS, I want a case to protect the screen when it's left out. I have a nice little padded sleeve case for my PSP that works great and I'm wondering if there's a similar kind of case for Vita.  I saw one on Amazon that looked similar but it came in a starter kit full of shit I don't need.  If not, I'll take any recommendations. Thanks! :D

Along with a screen protector, I use my old PSP sleeve and it works great. A lot of cases for the Vita I've seen are bulky and kind of detract from portability, but the PSP sleeve is light and not much larger than the unit itself. Yes, it sticks out just a tiny bit, but it's snug so it's never been a problem for me.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/vault-case-for-playstation-vita/4611274.p;jsessionid=C5BE3DA61EAFCFE2FD57E5BBB50415D2.bbolsp-app04-118?id=1218509141707&skuId=4611274&st=vita%20case&cp=1&lp=1

Case I have. fuck portability, if I drop it for some reason I want it protected.

Has spots for 4 games and 1 memory card.

I got it when it was on sale for 10 bucks, but would pay 20 for it. Super sturdy case and holds the vita very firm and there is a little cloth bit that goes over the screen so it wont get scratched at all.

Couldnt recommend it more.

Hori Screen protector + PDP Pull'N'Go for Vita... Have had this set up for 14 months with no issues and the Vita is almost like new.

Also love the Pull'N'Go because it is essentially 2 cases in 1. The larger case has enough space for the Vita, Charger, Cables, 20 or so games, etc. But if you are traveling light with just the Vita itself + a couple games there's a smaller detachable case just for that (hence the name Pull'N'Go)

I use the Hori Face Cover (clips on the Vita, has a hinged faceplate that covers the entire front face when not in use), combined with the Sony Travel Pouch (put the Vita+FC in the pouch). It's a little bulky, but I love the accessibility and screen protection. The Travel Pouch has space for extra game cards, earbuds, etc. Great combination! And you can find the Travel pouch for $5 at some BBs. The Face Cover, unfortunately, is getting hard to find.

Face Cover (unavailable at Amazon):

http://www.amazon.com/HORI-PS-Vita-Face-Cover-Sony/dp/B006WJ6YGW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1386515693&sr=8-5&keywords=face+cover+hori

Travel Pouch:

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Travel-Pouch/dp/B006PP41Q8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386515801&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+travel+pouch

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a TPU skin/case from Monoprice last year, pits perfectly, snug, but enough slack to remove it without ruining it. I also grabbed a hardshell case from GameStop that stores the Vita (with the TPU skin), like 8 Vita carts, and still enough room on the top to store my earbuds.

TPU skin - http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=114&cp_id=11405&cs_id=1140502&p_id=9209&seq=1&format=2

GameStop case - http://www.walmart.com/ip/RDS-PlayStation-Vita-Carry-Case-Deluxe-Black-PS-Vita-PlayStation-Vita/19854478 (was on sale at GS when I bought it)

Hori Screen protector + PDP Pull'N'Go for Vita... Have had this set up for 14 months with no issues and the Vita is almost like new.

Also love the Pull'N'Go because it is essentially 2 cases in 1. The larger case has enough space for the Vita, Charger, Cables, 20 or so games, etc. But if you are traveling light with just the Vita itself + a couple games there's a smaller detachable case just for that (hence the name Pull'N'Go)
Wow the PDP Pull'N'Go is like $100 on Amazon now from 1 seller lol http://www.amazon.com/PSVita-Pull-Folio-Sony-PS-Vita/dp/B0072A4JTY/

Thanks guys.  I'mma do some more research. I might just end up trying my PSP sleeve and seeing if that works like johnnypark said.  I appreciate the help.  I should have also added that I would just end up storing the Vita itself and not any games or earphones in it.

Thanks guys. I'mma do some more research. I might just end up trying my PSP sleeve and seeing if that works like johnnypark said. I appreciate the help. I should have also added that I would just end up storing the Vita itself and not any games or earphones in it.
If that's the case, I highly recommend getting one of the skins/cases from Monoprice. it's a nice snug fit and has saved me a few times when dropping it on my desk/table.

I looked on Monoprice, looks like the only things they have are shells that go over the system and still expose the buttons and such.  Really want something that fully covers and protects the entire system.

Along with a screen protector, I use my old PSP sleeve and it works great. A lot of cases for the Vita I've seen are bulky and kind of detract from portability, but the PSP sleeve is light and not much larger than the unit itself. Yes, it sticks out just a tiny bit, but it's snug so it's never been a problem for me.
I wouldn't recommend doing this. A friend did the same thing and I ended up having to replace his right analog stick as it became off-center.

still can't decide which one to buy cause there's isn't a lot of good choices that's available right now.

I have the case that was on clearance at best buy. I don't know the brand. It's good and was super duper cheap, but you probably can't find it any more. It came with a game case too, which is nice.

I highly recommend the official Sony screen protector. It is super easy to install without bubbles and lined up perfectly.

I have the case that was on clearance at best buy. I don't know the brand. It's good and was super duper cheap, but you probably can't find it any more. It came with a game case too, which is nice.

I highly recommend the official Sony screen protector. It is super easy to install without bubbles and lined up perfectly.
RDS Industries

Finally broke down and bought one when I saw it at Target.  It was this one except black: http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/accessories/ps-vita-carry-case-deluxe-blue/104034

and was $15 down from $20.  Now that I got it home and unpackaged it seems pretty damn good.  It holds games and memory cards which I didn't really need (and makes it a bit bigger than I wanted) but the case is sturdy and has a strap to hold the Vita in place while it's inside.  I'm pleased.

I want to use a grip as well. Do you think I could put a silicone case over and then attach to a grip?
Unlikely. The grips are designed to clip directly on the Vita, adding a silicone sleeve to the Vita first would make the grips not fit anymore. You're better off getting a grip, then a case to store the whole Vita in (with the grip).

Unlikely. The grips are designed to clip directly on the Vita, adding a silicone sleeve to the Vita first would make the grips not fit anymore. You're better off getting a grip, then a case to store the whole Vita in (with the grip).
Thanks. I'll just get one of those protective covers then. I plan on carrying the Vita on grip in a backpack, with my 3DS on grip. Makes gaming on the go very easy & fun. Thanks for info.

I wanted a sleeve that would fit my vita with the PDP trigger grips on.  I couldn't find anything at Best Buy or Target other than some iPad mini neoprene sleeves that were really too big and too pricey.

Happened to wander by the GPS section and found this 7" Garmin neoprene sleeve that fits perfectly--zips shut and fits snug inside.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/carrying-case-for-select-7-garmin-gps/7640057.p?id=1218855257272&skuId=7640057&st=garmin%20case&cp=1&lp=3

Works great for me as I just wanted a tiny bit of protection for the screen so it's covered and I don't have to worry about pens or something scratching it when it goes in my bag.

I wanted a sleeve that would fit my vita with the PDP trigger grips on. I couldn't find anything at Best Buy or Target other than some iPad mini neoprene sleeves that were really too big and too pricey.

Happened to wander by the GPS section and found this 7" Garmin neoprene sleeve that fits perfectly--zips shut and fits snug inside.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/carrying-case-for-select-7-garmin-gps/7640057.p?id=1218855257272&skuId=7640057&st=garmin%20case&cp=1&lp=3

Works great for me as I just wanted a tiny bit of protection for the screen so it's covered and I don't have to worry about pens or something scratching it when it goes in my bag.
Wow that sounds like a great solution for a Vita with the grips. I may need to check that out myself. Currently using the Hori Face Cover in the Sony pouch, which works great, but I've been wanting to try the PDP grips to see if they make the Vita more comfortable to hold.

I just scored the blue/black Game Traveler case at Target....tag said $19.99 but it rang up $14.99 :D

Update....actually I'm taking it back....it fits way too snug for my liking, especially with the location of the Vitas power button.

I've been looking for this for a while now and got it on Target for $14.99. However, it really bugs me that the stitching is uneven. 

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:23737]

The system fits inside the case too tight for my liking....it was pressing on the power button of the Vita. I found it already on or in sleep mode when I opened the case....I always power off the system when I stop playing.

The system fits inside the case too tight for my liking....it was pressing on the power button of the Vita. I found it already on or in sleep mode when I opened the case....I always power off the system when I stop playing.
interesting....I've never had that problem......and I pack that case with extra cords

Yeah I was disappointed as I'd been looking for that case for a while....they had a Targus notebook case on clearance that I use for it now.

tvghm1u.jpg

from sfbags.com

Nice case but $50 is a bit steep.
This. That case has been on my radar for a good while now, but I can't justify paying that much for a case.

Still, my search continues. Those RDS cases look awfully nice, but I can't find one. Anywhere.

This. That case has been on my radar for a good while now, but I can't justify paying that much for a case.

Still, my search continues. Those RDS cases look awfully nice, but I can't find one. Anywhere.

try target....walmart....meijiers....

My $15 case from GameStop is still a great purchase. It was off-brand(?) but is a hardshell. I've dropped it a few times and my Vita is still perfect. Plus it holds like 10 or 12 carts.

bread's done
Back