Starcraft 2 Wings Of Liberty PC $4.99 in store at Kmart

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Timberwolf71

Timberwolf71

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

Picked up starcraft 2 for PC for $4.99 in store at Kmart. I didn't see the deal online. Your YMMV.

#2 CAG90210

CAG90210

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

Is there a  clearance sticker on it OP?

I need a copy since I couldn't log into my battle Net account (stupid mobile authenticator) and I just got Heart of the Swarm...

Alternatively, if you happen to pick up a second copy and are kind enough to sell it to me, please PM me and let me know. 

Thanks!

Currently playing:
Gamecube - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
PS3 - Skyrim
SNES - Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, saved file corrupted, almost towards the end too :cry:

Recently beaten:
PS3 - Uncharted 3 :applause:
CML
PSP - Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection: Final Fantasy IV

#3 mcthatch

mcthatch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

I'd be there in a second if all my experiences in Kmart a few years ago weren't like walking into an inquisitors den of torture. 

#4 Timberwolf71

Timberwolf71

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

It was reduced multple times down to $4.99. I'll look to see if there are any left. I would check out your local Kmart cause I believe there was 5 at that price. Besides Kmart is probably gearing up for closure after Christmas. I was picking up crysis 3 which i ordered online from them. I was told my order was ready to be picked up and had to wait a half hour as I gazed into the glass case at a ton of them looking back at me. Really. Never again. But I did see the starcraft 2 at a great price. I had no idea it was still selling for as much as it is elsewhere.

#5 althe

althe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

Any chance that Heart of the Swarm is also on sale?

#6 zhangsta

zhangsta

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:13 AM

Anyone want to pick one up for me and I'll pay you to send it?

#7 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:16 AM

I'm a little surprised that I haven't seen a battlechest for this yet.

#8 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

The series is planned to be a trilogy of the base game + 2 expansions.  After the next expansion pack is released that is when I expect the battlechest to come out.

#9 thao0209

thao0209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:20 AM

HoS just came out this year, It usually takes 2 to 3 years for blizz to suck money enought money before introducing a battlechest.

I just stop by mine and it's still $19.99. Saint Paul, MN :(

#10 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

It is a clearance title, though I haven't seen it at this price (haven't been to Kmart in a while.)

As far as I know they don't even carry Heart of the Swarm and if they do it certainly won't be the same price.

76561197996844513.png

#11 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:44 AM

Didn't know there was going to be two more expansions. Already knew about Legacy of the Void.

I should have flushed out my original post more. I figured Blizzard would release a battlechest with Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm together. 

Then release another one in the future with everything else.  I can see people paying for both games in one package now.

#12 Duetschbag

Duetschbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

It is a clearance title, though I haven't seen it at this price (haven't been to Kmart in a while.)

As far as I know they don't even carry Heart of the Swarm and if they do it certainly won't be the same price.

I just searched for it on their site, and the only thing that was Starcraft related was a board game. Weird. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Symphonix

Symphonix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:10 PM

Didn't know there was going to be two more expansions. Already knew about Legacy of the Void.

I should have flushed out my original post more. I figured Blizzard would release a battlechest with Wings of Liberty and Heart of the Swarm together. 

Then release another one in the future with everything else.  I can see people paying for both games in one package now.

Legacy of the Void is the last part. I wouldnt expect a battlechest until that one comes out at least. Would be pretty cool actually if that was a retail option for people who have yet to buy the games. Bundle the first 2 parts with the third one.

#14 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Awesome deal for this.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#15 DaShaka

DaShaka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2013 - 03:19 PM

Is this fun only for single player? I'm not into the multiplayer, looks stressful.