Amazon: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Nintendo 3DS/PS Vita = $19.99

I keep forgetting this, but which version is better? I remember one version having some major glitch or something... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need to have played 999 to understand WTF is going on in this game?
It's highly recommend that you do to get the full experience. Very recommended to get both games.

Some of my favorite games for sure

Do you need to have played 999 to understand WTF is going on in this game?
You don't but you might miss some of the deeper story if you've never played/seen 999. What I did was just watch a play through of it on YouTube, was about 6 or 7 hours of stuff to watch for the true ending.

I keep forgetting this, but which version is better? I remember one version having some major glitch or something...
Get the Vita version, it's far better. The graphic is a lot cleaner and pops out compare to the 3DS. On top of that, you can use the screenshot feature on the Vita.

The 3DS has the save glitch which is a big gamble since you could easily lose everything and would be a pain to redo everything.

The Vita version "pops out" moreso than the 3D in the 3DS version? Is the 3DS version in 3D, or does it pull the craptastic Pokemon X/Y crap and only have a small part in 3D so it can tick it off the back of the box?

I think it really comes down to whether or not you're willing to take somewhat lesser sound/video quality and willing to research the save glitch to have the handy dual-screen experience.

And those asking about 999, some of the big reveals in VLR would only impact you if you've played 999

The actual writing in 999 was atrocious. I'm not sure if it was just some Lost in Translation errors or what, but they had stuff like overdescribing things, and overall plot slowdowns and confusing descriptions. 

The actual plot of the story however was genius.

bread's done
Back