Persona 4 Golden $16.99 at Amazon

Tempted. I think it will go lower still. Man it's hard to resist Vita games. I'm only missing a few of the ones I want and this is on the shortlist.

Damn now that i'm a Plus member I wish it was free this month. What's the chance Sony makes this game free again?

Last edited by a moderator:
You should call or chat with Amazon so they can price match the difference if you want your 3 dollars back. I also brought it like 2 weeks ago and got refund to me $3.25 right now.  

how would this game be for someone new to rpgs? Ive been weening my cousin on RPGs for a little while now. He seems to love SRPGs like the new fire emblem, but still seems iffy with regular ones. He grew up with pokemon and loved that so i recently got him SMT IV for the 3ds but havent heard his reaction on it yet. It looked like it was kinda pokemon with demons, lol

this one though from what i recall of the earlier ones was much more of a regular rpg. Wondering if i should snag it for him. Any thoughts?

yea i have one regular and 2 special editions... i REALLY want to open a special edition for the case in it but they shot up in value quick an i cant bring myself to open one.
So jealous I missed out on this and will never get one unless i wanna drop $150+

Be happy.

Chat with CS. They gave me the difference when I ordered the Watchmen CE and it dropped like the next day to 22.96
What's the Amazon limit on this type of price guarantee these days? It seems to change all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy, I just bought this game last night on PSN.  I've never played a Persona game before and I got a wild to buy this.

It's sold out, you can select to see other sellers and amazon still has it at that price. I figure for that price, i might as well jump on that deal.

I never thought I'd be getting a Vita anytime soon but i pulled the gun on the newegg ebay deal for $150 then snagged the 8GB card for $10 off of Amazon and the official screen protector 2-pack for $2 also on Amazon (which is still available though currently backordered) and now this game for $17. And when you factor in all the great games I downloaded for free from PS+ (Uncharted, Soul Sacrifice, Gravity Rush, Hotline Miami, WipeOut 2048, Sonic Racing Transformed and a few others which elude me right now) I feel like I really got a nice deal. Now I just hope my Vita doesn't have OLED burn-in issues.

how would this game be for someone new to rpgs? Ive been weening my cousin on RPGs for a little while now. He seems to love SRPGs like the new fire emblem, but still seems iffy with regular ones. He grew up with pokemon and loved that so i recently got him SMT IV for the 3ds but havent heard his reaction on it yet. It looked like it was kinda pokemon with demons, lol

this one though from what i recall of the earlier ones was much more of a regular rpg. Wondering if i should snag it for him. Any thoughts?

The game is really grind-heavy in the beginning. The first two dungeons require a lot of time grinding, but after that if you play it correctly you can finish each dungeon within a day or so and have time to do the social links.

a better question is why haven't you sold them?
I actually never sell my games. Im more of a collector. I had planned to open to play one and keep one sealed but they shot up in value so much that i just cant bring myself to open one even though i know ill probably never sell either >_<

So jealous I missed out on this and will never get one unless i wanna drop $150+

Be happy.
yea its a crapshoot on what will and wont be rare for these things. I actually got my 2nd when gamestop briefly restocked. I figured what the hell, ill get one more.. glad i did

The game is really grind-heavy in the beginning. The first two dungeons require a lot of time grinding, but after that if you play it correctly you can finish each dungeon within a day or so and have time to do the social links.
hmm he doesn't mind grinding so much i think. He did a lot of that in pokemon. I think its the other aspects of rpgs.. wandering around, talking to everyone, that kinda thing tha he doesn't care for as much

Persona takes place in a school setting, I'm assuming your cousin is in school, so that should be relatable to him. Also the conversations in the game are based around forming friendships and directly affects your strength in battles, so he'll probably be more interested in the dialogue in this game.

bread's done
Back