Vita PS Vita

• Please log in to reply
590 replies to this topic

#571 Czak

Czak

Same as it ever was.

• CAG Veteran

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

Even at $12, that's still a killer price for Origins. Unless you were lucky enough to snag one last year when Target had a clearance on 'em. Though that was pretty YMMV.

Currently Playing:

‚Äč :ps4: Strider   :ps4: Rayman Legends    :vita: Final Fantasy IX

Selling a :vita: FF X-2 download code. Asking for AMZ/PSN credit. PM me!

#572 Gorvi

Gorvi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:31 AM

I bought this from Best Buy last week when they had it for $20, and even with the downgraded graphics from the console version, it's so worth it.  It plays smooth as hell and there's a ton of damn good content.

Gorvi.png

#573 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:55 AM

Even at $12, that's still a killer price for Origins. Unless you were lucky enough to snag one last year when Target had a clearance on 'em. Though that was pretty YMMV.

I bought it w/ PS+ digital for like $6 if I remember correctly a few+ months back. 

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#574 Jaskull

Jaskull

Satellaview!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:32 AM

I bought it w/ PS+ digital for like $6 if I remember correctly a few+ months back.

I did the same thing because I loved it on consoles ... Then it became a Plus freebie a few weeks later.
stillshadow.png
Jaskull.jpg

#575 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:27 PM

I did the same thing because I loved it on consoles ... Then it became a Plus freebie a few weeks later.

yeap, happened w me too, it was right after, that was a ballsy move from them IMO

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#576 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

+3.99 shipping for Rayman.

Since I don't want to look for a $27 filler item, thinking of this title as $12 is worth it.

#577 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

Since I don't want to look for a $27 filler item, thinking of this title as $12 is worth it.

Yeah, I bought it at 12 and it's well worth it. This is the only game I've ever platinumed, and it was a fun wild ride. I sold it awhile ago after I completed it, but I decided to add it back to my collection, as this price was to good to pass up. 

#578 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:55 PM

Does anyone have a trigger grip other than the official $15 one sold everywhere? I've had that one but it never stays in my hands due to the placement of the analog sticks on the vita, it keeps sliding down.

I've read reviews on this CTA one and a Nyko one, both with handles almost like a ps3 or xbox controller. The CTA one is $13 and I'm leaning toward giving that a try but I was hoping for some more feedback first.

And also, anyone see Mortal Kombat these days for close to $10?

Thanks

#579 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

Just a heads up, over the weekend I picked up Killzone Merc and Spyhunter at 50% clearance at toys r us, pricing was $20 and $10 respectively.

#580 JiveT

JiveT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

has there ever been any deals on Danganropa? never see it on AWD I guess probably PSN sale would be the only option

#581 aerozero

aerozero

The man from nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

has there ever been any deals on Danganropa? never see it on AWD I guess probably PSN sale would be the only option

It's been on AWD a few times for about $25-$30 I think. Usually gone pretty quickly though.

Posted Image

#582 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

Does anyone have a trigger grip other than the official $15 one sold everywhere? I've had that one but it never stays in my hands due to the placement of the analog sticks on the vita, it keeps sliding down.

I've read reviews on this CTA one and a Nyko one, both with handles almost like a ps3 or xbox controller. The CTA one is $13 and I'm leaning toward giving that a try but I was hoping for some more feedback first.

Thanks

I use the PDP ones, and I'm happy with them.  The triggers feel a bit weird but work well for me.  The only problem is it doesn't really fit in my carry case with it on.  I take it off for touchscreen heavy games like Danganronpa but really like using them for action games like Toukiden.

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3)

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends (PS3)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Handsome Jack

Latest video: PAX 2013: Bayonetta 2 Impressions   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#583 vic_x51

vic_x51

World Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

Just a heads up, over the weekend I picked up Killzone Merc and Spyhunter at 50% clearance at toys r us, pricing was $20 and $10 respectively.

Thanks for the heads up, ive been trying to find Killzone Merc. I hope my toysrus has it.

#584 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

Killzone was by far one of the best Vita games around. I couldn't put it down. I would play MP a lot as well. Great pickup!

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#585 girfreak

girfreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:47 PM

Thanks

Although I have heard complaints about a loose locking mechanism on the CTA grip, I have had one since I purchased a vita(AC White from black friday a few years ago) and I love it. I really only use it on games that needed a bit more precision or are very camera intensive(KZ:M, Gundam Breaker, Toukiden, etc). I would go for it. You can always return it if it comes "broken."

The trigger grips seemed unnecessary to me and I prefer and easy on/off process since I keep my vita in one of the vault cases(also highly recommended).

#586 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

Thanks for the heads up, ive been trying to find Killzone Merc. I hope my toysrus has it.

Killzone was by far one of the best Vita games around. I couldn't put it down. I would play MP a lot as well. Great pickup!

Very welcome! Also to note, it had a white sticker at $39.99, it scanned on clearance at 50% off. Most vita games are on clearance. Really the only one I noticed that wasn't and still full price was Amazing Spiderman.

#587 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:13 PM

Although I have heard complaints about a loose locking mechanism on the CTA grip, I have had one since I purchased a vita(AC White from black friday a few years ago) and I love it. I really only use it on games that needed a bit more precision or are very camera intensive(KZ:M, Gundam Breaker, Toukiden, etc). I would go for it. You can always return it if it comes "broken."

The trigger grips seemed unnecessary to me and I prefer and easy on/off process since I keep my vita in one of the vault cases(also highly recommended).

Thank you!  I'm really just concerned with something that'll feel comfortable in my hand with the Vita.  The PDP ones do not, the handles aren't long enough, they push into the center of my palms and then slide down my hand.  I'm constantly readjusting it's a huge pain.

#588 THEphillycheese

THEphillycheese

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

Very welcome! Also to note, it had a white sticker at $39.99, it scanned on clearance at 50% off. Most vita games are on clearance. Really the only one I noticed that wasn't and still full price was Amazing Spiderman.

so you bought it thinking it was going to be 40 and it turned out to be 20? That's awesome

#589 Raww

Raww

Special Agent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

Monoprice has a "CTA-looking" Vita grip for under $8.  Haven't tried it out myself, but it does look pretty similar.

#590 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

Monoprice has a "CTA-looking" Vita grip for under $8.  Haven't tried it out myself, but it does look pretty similar.

I got the CTA off Amazon since I was able to pay all in points from my credit card.  Should be here Thursday so hopefully it feels good in my hands that's what she said.

#591 lastemp3ror

lastemp3ror

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

I have those. I also have a different set of grips that are smaller. I like both but I like the smaller ones because they are more compact and easier to pack. However the ones you are referring to are much more comfortable.

If someone wants to buy/trade for them. I have them listed in my trade link below

Check out my trade thread:

http://www.cheapassg...-and-many-more/