1 Year Xbox Live $39.99 or $35.99 with MasterPass at Newegg

Can "MASTERPASS" code be used for other items? If so, any minimum checkout for it to activate?

Edit: $.50 cents off $5 Xbox code... So 10% off using "MASTERPASS" (w/ MasterPass payment method of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the card for $39.99 without the masterpass. It's not worth $4 to me to sign up for an unknown electronic "wallet."

I bought the card for $39.99 without the masterpass. It's not worth $4 to me to sign up for an unknown electronic "wallet."
You're right. It isn't worth the effort. I used MasterPass a couple of days ago for the Newegg discount, and it isn't even a payment processor like PayPal or Google Wallet. It merely autopopulates credit card information on the store's site. I used a MasterCard with MasterPass, and during checkout I still had to authenticate my SSN and such with "MasterCard SecureCode." And even after having verified my personal information, MasterCard declined the charge as possibly fraudulent. What a clusterfuck.

Thanks Cheapy!  Got two just in time for our renewal.  

Our Dead Island habits can continue and many more zombies will fall.

masterpass is a one time use per account coupon, 10% off, up to $50. So getting $4 off of a single XBL card may not be the best use of it. I'd suggest holding off until there's something else you want to buy in addition to the XBL card, or buy multiple cards.

bread's done
Back