12/22-12/28 Best Buy 20% off Nintendo Eshop prepaid cards $20 for $16 / $35 for $28 / $50 for $40

I picked up two $20 to get Senran Kagura Burst. Does anyone have any recomendations for other 3ds eshop exclusive full games? I already have Phoenix Wright.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a $50 eshop for my 3ds for this sale, thanks OP....but i also need to upgrade the included 4gb memory card to download more games. Whats a good size memory card that will work well with 3ds? 32 or 64gb?? Thanks.

P.s. How big are most 3ds eshop games?? How many games can i fit on a 32gb card?

I got a $50 eshop for my 3ds for this sale, thanks OP....but i also need to upgrade the included 4gb memory card to download more games. Whats a good size memory card that will work well with 3ds? 32 or 64gb?? Thanks.
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Class-Memory-SF32UY-TQMN/dp/B00B7ID99I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386625813&sr=8-1&keywords=32gb+class+10+sd+card

I use this one. You could always just buy a 32GB micro SD card and get an adapter though, which is probably cheaper.

Physical Cards. You can try to do in store pick up or Free shipping. The site says that the cards will be delivered by 12/24. I don't know if that is a formality or an actual estimate.
Normally when I order other types of prepaid cards (never ordered eshop points before), they show up the next week.

I got Code of Princess last week, and I didn't really dig it, so I'm hoping to find a gem. Between that and LBW and Ace Attorney, my 3DS is seeing some real usage.

If you like Jrpgs, you may want to check out Crimson Shroud. I haven't personally played it, but I have a friend that says it's pretty good.

GameTrailers Review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5X64JKqt3I

Here is the metacritic link http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/crimson-shroud
I was actually eyeing that game with the $30 i had a while back from SMT and FE credit back then. But I spent it on Phoenix Wright. I think I will go for that with the remaining I have. Thanks for the suggestion!

Cave Story and SteamWorld Dig. Do it!
I already have Cave Story PC version and and waiting for the PC version of SteamWorld to drop in price. Thanks though.

I was actually eyeing that game with the $30 i had a while back from SMT and FE credit back then. But I spent it on Phoenix Wright. I think I will go for that with the remaining I have. Thanks for the suggestion!

I already have Cave Story PC version and and waiting for the PC version of SteamWorld to drop in price. Thanks though.
If I didn't have a crazy backlog, I would get it myself. Hopefully once I am able to grind out a couple dozen games, I will download it.

Hey guys I was at BestBuy today and snagged a Nintendo DSi Points card, thinking I would be able to use the credit on the eShop. Well I get home and put the info in and here I come to find out that I cannot redeem the points. 

* I just bought the 3DS, so I had assumed the points would work. 

Will BestBuy accept a return/exchange on a point card that has already had the back scratched off? Feeling like a complete twat. Thanks

I didn't see anything about this in the OP, but when does this sale end?

I'd like to snag a few now that I've got a 32GB SDHC card for my 3DS. Definitely want Crimson Shroud.

I didn't see anything about this in the OP, but when does this sale end?

I'd like to snag a few now that I've for a 32GB SDHC card for my 3DS. Definitely want Crimson Shroud.
I think it is apart of their 2 day sale. I will update the OP with that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Eh, guess I'll jump on a $20, was thinking of picking up Crimson Shroud. So many good games on the Eshop, wish I had money for them all.
Crimson Shroud is delightful. It is quite easily one of my favorite games exclusive to the Nintendo eShop and well worth playing. In many ways, I wish the game was larger than what it was, but it is an excellent combination of traditional RPG and visual novel game mechanics. The art style and music are both fantastic (quite similar to Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, Vagrant Story, or Final Fantasy XII). I also really enjoyed the story; it felt like an exceptionally well written Dungeons & Dragons or Pathfinder scenario. It makes me look forward to seeing what Yasumi Matsuno works on next.

The game itself is not very long, but it does encourage playing through it again on New Game Plus. There is even a second ending you can unlock that is exclusive to New Game Plus!

Making a list of all the eShop games that I should play.  Any other recommendations?

2 Fast 4 Gnomz
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies
Crimson Shroud
Cave Story

Dark Void Zero

escapeVektor
Fractured Soul
Gunman Clive
Mutant Mudds
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (cartridge version is expensive)
Senren Kagura Burst
Shantae (cartridge is also expensive) and Shantae: Risky's Revenge
SteamWorld Dig
Undead Storm
VVVVVV

I'd recommend Rhythm Thief. Won't be finding a cheaper physical copy of that game.
I think it would have sold a lot better if they released it as an eshop game for $10-15 in the first place.

Hey guys I was at BestBuy today and snagged a Nintendo DSi Points card, thinking I would be able to use the credit on the eShop. Well I get home and put the info in and here I come to find out that I cannot redeem the points.

* I just bought the 3DS, so I had assumed the points would work.

Will BestBuy accept a return/exchange on a point card that has already had the back scratched off? Feeling like a complete twat. Thanks
Unfortunately, It is not in "resale condition". I don't think Best Buy will take it back. Sorry, man. I know it sucks, but you could do something good with it: either find a way to use it, give it to a friend, or even raffle it off!

Making a list of all the eShop games that I should play. Any other recommendations?

2 Fast 4 Gnomz
Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies
Crimson Shroud
Cave Story

Dark Void Zero

escapeVektor
Fractured Soul
Gunman Clive
Mutant Mudds
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (cartridge version is expensive)
Senren Kagura Burst
Shantae (cartridge is also expensive) and Shantae: Risky's Revenge
SteamWorld Dig
Undead Storm
VVVVVV
I would also add Mighty Switch Force! and Mighty Switch Force! 2 to your list. These are games that were developed by WayForward (game studio behind Shantae and Shantae: Risky's Revenge), and they are fun platform / puzzle games. WayForward has been responsible for some of my favorite 2D games of the past few years, with quality often on par with larger AAA efforts.

I would also add some Nintendo eShop exclusives developed by Nintendo themselves. Pushmo, Crashmo, Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Sakura Samurai, and Dillon's Rolling Western (I have not played the sequel) are all high quality video games.

I think it would have sold a lot better if they released it as an eshop game for $10-15 in the first place.
wow just checked prices on amazon. laugh,

got it last dec for $20. too bad I opened it to play. would love it in my collection sealed and play with digital .

edit: sort of quoted the wrong person but oh well.

got it last dec for $20. too bad I opened it to play. would love it in my collection sealed and play with digital .

You could always get incredibly lucky by searching here http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-Rhythm+Thief+the+Emperor+s+Treasure

There are 4 used copies within 100 miles of me... but the closest one is 25 miles and I don't feeling going all that way to get a copy.

I would also add Mighty Switch Force! and Mighty Switch Force! 2 to your list. These are games that were developed by WayForward (game studio behind Shantae and Shantae: Risky's Revenge), and they are fun platform / puzzle games. WayForward has been responsible for some of my favorite 2D games of the past few years, with quality often on par with larger AAA efforts.

I would also add some Nintendo eShop exclusives developed by Nintendo themselves. Pushmo, Crashmo, Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Sakura Samurai, and Dillon's Rolling Western (I have not played the sequel) are all high quality video games.
Damn you, I forgot about the WayForward games. And since I'm not getting a WiiU any time, might as well get the Mighty Switch Force games on the 3ds.

I'm still pissed I didn't buy it when it was $14-15... Didn't think it'd become a rare game, but at least it's on the eshop now.

I dig their games too, but the new adventure time game is an absolute turd. First one was solid, this ones just diarrhea bad.

I dig their games too, but the new adventure time game is an absolute turd. First one was solid, this ones just diarrhea bad.
WayForward produces lots of turds. They get a lot of slack for being one of the few devs to support Nintendo, but honestly, most of their games just aren't very good.

To each his own I guess?

WayForward produces lots of turds. They get a lot of slack for being one of the few devs to support Nintendo, but honestly, most of their games just aren't very good.

To each his own I guess?
IMO, WayForward games have a ton of charm and introduce cool new game styles, but usually they have one or two "dealbreaker" design choices that ruin the game for most people.

As an example, possibly my favorite WayForward game is an old GBA game, "Sigma Star Saga" that combines RPG with 'shmup. Each random battle is a side-scrolling shooter. Your ship would get stronger and faster as you leveled up, and you could find hidden weapon and bomb types as "items" when exploring during the RPG-dungeon parts.

The dealbreaker was that there was no autofire, so you had to mash B on your tiny system for every slightly too often random encounter. However, I played it via emulation with autofire enabled, and suddenly the game was amazing.

So anyway, I usually like WayForward's fresh takes on games and blatantly cheery graphics and music enough to overcome the quirks, but it depends on the gamer.

$35 cards are also on sale for $28.

I ended up buying 3 of each. They also had $35 "Luigi" eshop cards listed separately, but I figured $252 on cards was enough.

I buy all of my 3DS games on the eshop, so this is a pretty good deal for me.

Thanks OP.

Does anyone know the maximum value that can be in the eshop balance now? I know that the 3DS was 200 but is that true for the combined eshops now?

$35 cards are also on sale for $28.

I ended up buying 3 of each. They also had $35 "Luigi" eshop cards listed separately, but I figured $252 on cards was enough.

I buy all of my 3DS games on the eshop, so this is a pretty good deal for me.

Thanks OP.
Out of mere curiosity, how many SD cards do you have set aside for your 3DS considering that you download all your games from the eShop? I am currently in Germany, but before moving here I picked up three 32GB SDHC cards for I think $11.99 a pop so I can start downloading games from the U.S. Nintendo Shop because of the whole region lock spiel. I doubt I will need all three of them, as I only intend to download games that I am too impatient to wait for until I can get a physical copy back in the states.

Just recently bought a WiiU. Any recommendation for eshop games? I'm probably going to get Zelda WindWalker HD download (with this + digital deluxe promo, it's basically $35). Not sure whether I should get more than just the single $50 card I order. 

Out of mere curiosity, how many SD cards do you have set aside for your 3DS considering that you download all your games from the eShop? I am currently in Germany, but before moving here I picked up three 32GB SDHC cards for I think $11.99 a pop so I can start downloading games from the U.S. Nintendo Shop because of the whole region lock spiel. I doubt I will need all three of them, as I only intend to download games that I am too impatient to wait for until I can get a physical copy back in the states.
If he uses sdxc cards he'd only need 1. 128 gb should do the trick for eshop enthusiasts.

How exactly does the $5 back for $50 thing work. I bought my WiiU Deluxe at bestbuy, and didn't really want Wind Waker nor Pikmin 3. I was thinking of just buying some eshop cards and using those to buy 3D World and W101.

bread's done
Back