Gamestop: Killer Is Dead LE PS3/360 $19.99, Online/In-store

Had I not picked it up at GF sale, I would have been all over it. BTW, used ones are on sale as well online and instore for $18.99. "Killer" deal combined with Bday coupon (on used ones). Thanks OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this game worth it for $20? I won't get around to playing it for a while but I'm curious if anyone thinks it may become hard to find/rare one day

Nice deal! Picked it up on Black Friday though. Thanks anyways OP! Good luck getting the LE/not gutted copy for those who are trying! :)

Is this game worth it for $20? I won't get around to playing it for a while but I'm curious if anyone thinks it may become hard to find/rare one day
Depends if you're into Suda51 games. I don't think it'll become rare though, conisdering Xseed is the publisher. They're pretty good when it comes to keeping games in-print.

I bet you've never played Killer 7 or No More Heroes.
I played No More Heroes and didn't think it was too great. Not like he makes undeniably great games. He just makes niche games that a select minority like.

---

Got the LE. Not a bad edition. Box was somewhat damaged, though it looks easy to damage the slipcover because the inside is somewhat hollow. Has a nice little sleeve on the inside to cover the game (and prevent it from moving). The OST is fairly cheap looking. Comes in a thin / slim dvd case and has a decent picture. No insert with the song listing (it's on the disc) and the disc looks decent quality. Artbook is hardcover, though the covering feels cheap. Paper quality isn't bad though. Overall, not bad for $60 and killer for $20.

I really loved shadows of the damned. It has an amazing soundtrack as well. Though I can understand people not liking all the jokes in it.

Ouch...I liked Lollipop Chainsaw (platted it) and Shadows of the Damned is super under rated. I respect your opinion, but just surprised to hear someone go out of their way to say this. :)
I like his games too because the concepts and stories are crazy, funny, campy and/or insane. But many Suda51 fans seem completely oblivious to the fact that his games are generally terribly designed, have poor mechanics, look/run poorly and have downright mediocre gameplay.

His games are more "it's so bad that it's good" rather than simply being "good".

Question is, will it be the LE or not? It says on the description "Launch Copies will receive..." however, this is definitely way past that, but are they launch copies?

For those that picked this up recently on sale on Amazon, did it come with the bonuses?
yes

Question is, will it be the LE or not? It says on the description "Launch Copies will receive..." however, this is definitely way past that, but are they launch copies?

For those that picked this up recently on sale on Amazon, did it come with the bonuses?
It should, but you can probably get a refund if they don't.

As for as a non-LE, I don't think it exists at this point, I also see them at my local Walmart. Also it's a pretty damn awesome artbook with a soundtrack included!

It's funny to see people buying this used for $15 from gamefly, when you can get so many extras with a new version for $5 more.

Yeah, I haven't seen a copy that isn't a LE, so maybe there isn't a vanilla one yet because the game didn't sell that well....

I like his games too because the concepts and stories are crazy, funny, campy and/or insane. But many Suda51 fans seem completely oblivious to the fact that his games are generally terribly designed, have poor mechanics, look/run poorly and have downright mediocre gameplay.
This is literally the best review of Killer is Dead I've ever seen.

Shadows of the Damned is about as solid a third person shooter as you're gonna see that doesn't have the word "Gears" on the box. But yeah, the jank is strong with Suda games.

Just picked up the LE edition and got rid of a gift card. Pretty nice for $19.99. Almost bought it when it was $59.99.

Picked it up on cyber monday; tbqh I was surprised I received the SE. I've been wanting to pick it up since its release but I've been backed up with games. And to tell the truth this game is way more fun than I was expecting

Picked up a PS3 copy and my friend picked up the last 360 copy at our store. Such a great deal for 20 bucks, can't believe I almost bought this for 60 when it first came out.

Its ok. It just feels crazy and quirky for the sake of being crazy and quirky. Kind of forced really like he is trying to live up to his reputation.

I thought the combat was terribly boring though and even for one of his games the story is convoluted at best.

And of course as usual its highly unpolished and very rough around the edges.

I didn't hate it but I couldn't play more than like 4 hours before I got bored and lost interest.

Why so many of you picked up PS3 version? Unreal engine games usually are litered with screen tearing on the PS3. Besides Shadow of the Damned, all Suda 51 games are superior on the 360.

Why so many of you picked up PS3 version? Unreal engine games usually are litered with screen tearing on the PS3. Besides Shadow of the Damned, all Suda 51 games are superior on the 360.
Because my 360 is Japanese and is only used for the shumps. Otherwise I use my PS3. But if you would like to start the fanboy flaming feel free as I'll be out playing games while you justify why the 360 is so much better.

Maybe, but I prefer the PS3 over my XB360 for certain Japanese-based games. Although, I like the XB360 for shmups and shooters. But with that being said...I still use a first day launch 360...lol...

ordered it on Amazon w/ 5.00 FB coupon. I really just want that art book:) thnx OP
What $5 off coupon?

Apparently the 360 version is just as bad as the PS3 version in the tearing department on this one. But the PS3 version also requires a 4 gig install, so...

Maybe, but I prefer the PS3 over my XB360 for certain Japanese-based games. Although, I like the XB360 for shmups and shooters. But with that being said...I still use a first day launch 360...lol...

What $5 off coupon?
Maybe the Facebook one for uploading your amazon wish list on Facebook? That one requires a $35 minimum purchase though, so maybe not. There's another thread on it somewhere. It expires in 3 days, I'm pretty sure.

As for as a non-LE, I don't think it exists at this point, I also see them at my local Walmart. Also it's a pretty damn awesome artbook with a soundtrack included!

It's funny to see people buying this used for $15 from gamefly, when you can get so many extras with a new version for $5 more.
Gamefly used games come with all extras. Only the game disk is passed around.

bread's done
Back