Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

*Updated 4/9/14* Under $10 Gamestop Price Drops for X360 and PS3 Games.($1 Gears Of War 2,$7 Crysis 2,BF3,MW3,MoH Warfighter,$10 Game of Thrones,More

Gamestop Price Drop 360 PS3

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#31 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:25 PM

I went to buy BF BC2 preowned and they gave me a brand new one instead. When I asked the rep why is it like that her response was "oh sometimes the main office sends it to us like that, its used though." Has this happened to anyone else? On the receipt its suppose to clearly say "pre-owned" right? 

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#32 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:28 PM

I went to buy BF BC2 preowned and they gave me a brand new one instead. When I asked the rep why is it like that her response was "oh sometimes the main office sends it to us like that, its used though." Has this happened to anyone else? On the receipt its suppose to clearly say "pre-owned" right? 

Sometimes, new SKUs get moved over to used automatically. Some get opened, some do not...usually, those sorts are those that the wrap wasn't torn off of yet.

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#33 Big Poppa Pump

Big Poppa Pump

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

I picked up Resident Evil and Killzone 2 today. Both were complete.

1241842_o.gif

#34 nextisland

nextisland

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:51 AM

I picked up Resident Evil and Killzone 2 today. Both were complete.

I remember back in 2009 when my dad bought me killzone 2 day 1. It's the last game he ever bought me before he passed away, I was 17.

#35 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

Looks like it's time to finally find a steelbook copy of RE Raccoon City.  Been waiting for it to be this cheap since I probably won't play the game.

The saddest part of Killzone 3 being that cheap is that the CE for it is still $40 at GS.

#36 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

Looks like it's time to finally find a steelbook copy of RE Raccoon City.  Been waiting for it to be this cheap since I probably won't play the game.

The saddest part of Killzone 3 being that cheap is that the CE for it is still $40 at GS.

is re raccoon city that bad? the reviews are mixed

#37 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:12 AM

I played it all the way in Coop with a friend and we had a great time playing it. Just dont go into the game expecting it to play like any of the older Resident Evil games. I never understood the hate the game got.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#38 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:35 AM

The enemies are bullet sponges, your AI teammates are crap, online teammates aren't much better, some of the sequences are a pain in the ass (the part where Tyrant chases you), it's pretty repetitive, and one of the coolest features of the game - becoming a zombie - only happens when you die. Really, they could have alleviated most of these problems by making the enemies as easy to kill as they are in other games. I'd only recommend it if you have someone to co-op with and ideally, you're both Resident Evil fans.

#39 Big Poppa Pump

Big Poppa Pump

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:43 AM

The enemies are bullet sponges, your AI teammates are crap, online teammates aren't much better, some of the sequences are a pain in the ass (the part where Tyrant chases you), it's pretty repetitive, and one of the coolest features of the game - becoming a zombie - only happens when you die. Really, they could have alleviated most of these problems by making the enemies as easy to kill as they are in other games. I'd only recommend it if you have someone to co-op with and ideally, you're both Resident Evil fans.

Ill agree that the enemy are bullet sponge and sometimes the AI Teammates are bad but I found the game to be fun.And I'm gonna have to disagree with the last sentence because the only other Resident Evil game I played was RE 5 and I hated it.Me and 2 other friends played through the story and only one of them was a huge fan of RE and we all had blast Coop-ing the game.

1241842_o.gif

#40 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:03 AM

Thanks OP!  I'm gonna grab that NBA 2k12 to beat the Legends Challenges that I never finished.  Might even download the Legends Showcase DLC. 

#41 triforce9

triforce9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:55 AM

Thanks OP. I just got a PS3 a few weeks ago, so I think I'll pick up Killzone 2 and 3. Not bad for 10 bucks.

Posted Image

#42 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

Yes, it's horrible. Spend the cash on Bulletstorm, BF2,  Gears 2, Enslaved, or ME2. All a billion times better than Racoon Shi-tay. 

#43 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

raccoon city is horrible!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#44 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Raccoon City is more or less Army of Two set in the Resident Evil universe

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#45 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

No clue.  I wasn't speaking on the quality of the game.  I have just never liked the RE games.

#46 fableflav

fableflav

Movie Review Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

Got The Club, Gears 2, and Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $5.31. The clerk was pissed at me like I was wasting his time with my tiny purchase. I was the only person in the store. 

Edit: BTW, thanks op for bringing this to my attention, now my backlog is even closer to becoming impossible to finish. 

#47 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

Guess I'll pick up Gears 2 for that cheap...doubt I'll ever play it though. Just adding it to my collection :)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#48 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

I'm just amazed that there people that have never played Gears.

#49 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

ORC is garbage. Get Army of Two instead. Any of them.

Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#50 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

I'm just amazed that there people that have never played Gears.

You'd be surprised. My wife and I are just now playing through all of the Gears games, but that's because she wasn't really into shooters until recently. Now that she is, I'm going back and finding anything that's a couch co-op shooter game. 

Posted Image

#51 walls99

walls99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

I remember back in 2009 when my dad bought me killzone 2 day 1. It's the last game he ever bought me before he passed away, I was 17.

I'm sorry for your loss.

#52 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

So tempting to pick up some copies of ORC for my co-op buds and I.  The beat' em up streets of rage fan in me wants Anarchy Reigns too.  Someone halp please!

#53 funkmonker

funkmonker

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

How come no stores near me have any NBA 2K12 used

#54 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:50 PM

Grabbed a copy of gears 2 today and they had a steel book copy complete. Pretty sweet for a dollar.

#55 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:44 AM

Thanks for this thread OP! I was able to grab B:BC2 for my bro-in-law and I picked up Kens Rage 2 an RE:ORC for myself. $16.54 for all 3 including tax, all were near mint. Kens Rage 2 was even new, converted to used.

Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#56 Ravensfan93

Ravensfan93

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:20 AM

After Halo, Gears is the #1 series I wish was also on PS3. I had some good times with my friends and horde mode back in high school.

#57 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:22 AM

i bought it new for $5 from Best Buy and felt like I was severely ripped off. The gameplay is really, really weak imo. Just an example of a classic bad game.

#58 Fatpeoplestink

Fatpeoplestink

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:44 AM

Can anyone tell me if the gears of war series lets you turn of the blood/gore before playing? Maybe recommend some others that do? Thanks

#59 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

Can anyone tell me if the gears of war series lets you turn of the blood/gore before playing? Maybe recommend some others that do? Thanks

I am 75% sure that Gears 1 and 2 have the option to turn blood and gore off. I believe I played through it like that because my little brother wanted to play the game.

Check Out My Trade List!

#60 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Updated with a couple good games that got a price drop.

Check Out My Trade List!