Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

*Updated 4/9/14* Under $10 Gamestop Price Drops for X360 and PS3 Games.($1 Gears Of War 2,$7 Crysis 2,BF3,MW3,MoH Warfighter,$10 Game of Thrones,More

Gamestop Price Drop 360 PS3

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Mongoose07

Mongoose07

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Man, I bought Gears 2: LE and Gears 2: GotY for something like $110 total over the course of those years.

Gears of War (the original) was by far my favorite 360 game for over a year, and I really hoped the sequel would be the same.  It was a great, fun game, but the multiplayer was such a mess at launch that I feel they shot themselves in the foot releasing it when they did. :(

And now you guys can buy it for something like 90 cents + tax.  Haha.  

#62 blacktrinary

blacktrinary

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Can anybody help me this? I have Aliens Colonial Marines. I know it has very poor ratings but I really enjoy the multiplayer aspect. So compare ORC and Aliens, you think ORC will worth my time and money?

#63 LifeMakesMeLOL

LifeMakesMeLOL

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:21 PM

Probably will pick up Gears 2 sometime soon so I can finish out the Seriously 2.0 achievement. It's the only achievement I'm missing since I got tired of grinding around the 60k mark.

E2xQaEU.gif

Currently Playing

Spoiler
Backlog
Spoiler

#64 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:44 AM

i bought it new for $5 from Best Buy and felt like I was severely ripped off. The gameplay is really, really weak imo. Just an example of a classic bad game.

Yeah. No real storyline. Just used to RE name to make money.

#65 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

Man, I bought Gears 2: LE and Gears 2: GotY for something like $110 total over the course of those years.

Gears of War (the original) was by far my favorite 360 game for over a year, and I really hoped the sequel would be the same.  It was a great, fun game, but the multiplayer was such a mess at launch that I feel they shot themselves in the foot releasing it when they did. :(

And now you guys can buy it for something like 90 cents + tax.  Haha.  

I purchase Gears 1 and 2 CE on day 1 release.

#66 kevinmlssu

kevinmlssu

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:33 AM

Can anybody help me this? I have Aliens Colonial Marines. I know it has very poor ratings but I really enjoy the multiplayer aspect. So compare ORC and Aliens, you think ORC will worth my time and money?

Aliens was far better in comparison. Orc is absolutely terrible

#67 blacktrinary

blacktrinary

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:19 AM

Aliens was far better in comparison. Orc is absolutely terrible

Thanks for the input. I will stay away from it. :)

#68 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:56 AM

Its been a while but I updated the Op with some new price drops.

*Updated on 4/9/14*

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#69 Fanboygamer

Fanboygamer

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:15 AM

I don't know why there is all the hate for ORC it is not a bad game the online multiplayer is kinda crap but the coop is pretty awesome I enjoyed it but I flipped it for profit before I could beat it finish achievements

#70 Doomstink

Doomstink

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:18 AM

And now you guys can buy it for something like 90 cents + tax. Haha.

I worked as a tester on Gears 2 and it's so weird seeing it for $0.90. We were pulling 90 hour weeks for four months before shipping. Epic put so much sweat and passion put into making that game - glad I was a part of it (and it's always cool getting to see my name in a manual).

Probably will pick up Gears 2 sometime soon so I can finish out the Seriously 2.0 achievement. It's the only achievement I'm missing since I got tired of grinding around the 60k mark.

In the mission where you're riding the Derricks with Dizzy, it's pretty easy to farm kills on the chain gun. We actually had to test the Seriously 2.0 achievement by unlocking it several times - imagine how fun that was!

#71 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:58 AM

In the mission where you're riding the Derricks with Dizzy, it's pretty easy to farm kills on the chain gun. We actually had to test the Seriously 2.0 achievement by unlocking it several times - imagine how fun that was!

. Imagine if you had to test seriously 3.0 multiple times

#72 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

I worked as a tester on Gears 2 and it's so weird seeing it for $0.90. We were pulling 90 hour weeks for four months before shipping. Epic put so much sweat and passion put into making that game - glad I was a part of it (and it's always cool getting to see my name in a manual).

They put so much passion into the campaign you mean? Because that mp was turrrrrible. Campaign was amazing though.

#73 labrat34

labrat34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

fyi.. i tried using a Kongregate $3 off coupon to buy Hitman Blood Money, and was told that I couldnt use it because Hitman already had a special "temporary sale" price

#74 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

fyi.. i tried using a Kongregate $3 off coupon to buy Hitman Blood Money, and was told that I couldnt use it because Hitman already had a special "temporary sale" price

Sounds like gamestop was lying to you.

Check Out My Trade List!

#75 lochdoun

lochdoun

Coast to Coast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

Blood Money finally dropped to a reasonable price!

That game was still $20 a year ago.
Currently playing: :pc: Tropico 4 | :360: Reckoning

#76 masterd919

masterd919

Games, games and more games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

is re raccoon city that bad? the reviews are mixed

I had the Special Edition of RE: Operation Raccoon City and after about 3 months the online died down to nothing. The SP experience was terrible...loaded with invisible walls and enemies that soak up bullets. There were glimmers of hope here and there but if it isn't under $5- don't buy it IMO. I wanted it to be good, but it was just so sub-par. 

You would probably have a better time with Duke Nukem Forever...that's how bad it is and frustrating as well. 

#77 labrat34

labrat34

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Sounds like gamestop was lying to you.

i thought so too. but he did try to scan the coupon, and it wouldnt work. and after i purchased the game without using the coupon, the receipt did show a $5 promo discount was applied to get to the 7.99 price... which implies its a special sale price .. for now anyway

#78 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

i thought so too. but he did try to scan the coupon, and it wouldnt work. and after i purchased the game without using the coupon, the receipt did show a $5 promo discount was applied to get to the 7.99 price... which implies its a special sale price .. for now anyway

Well thats weird,I guess they are running a random special sale.

Check Out My Trade List!