Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 (Xbox 360) $10 @ Gamestop

I would recommend opening the disc up on the spot there if it's a gutted copy. The last time I did this, there was a horrible thick scratch on the disk, that way you can complain before buying it!

What I do when I buy Used or gutted games is ask to see the disk if it looks like crap I ask them to give me a different copy.
I do the same thing. I rarely buy used/gutted, but if I do, I check the disc and reject if it's abused. They'll get another if they have one, if not I just skip it.

Picked up this and Tearaway tonight. Was the first game on PS3?
There's a policy where PS3 games must be in english language before they get a physical release in the States. This is why KOEI games now or any other third party Sega, etc. won't release games physically anymore.

Having to still pay MSRP for psn version fills me with rage! lol 
Haven't played this one but it seems worth it for 10.  :)

blea low stock at the local stores. That probably means a gut. Still for 10 bucks i may still get it i'll have to look. thanks for the heas up. It just bugs me that i hae the first on ps3 and 2nd on xbox o_O

Just got around to playing this abit today and yesterday. I tried all modes onlinem but looks like online mode is dead, at least for the 360 ver

Thanks OP! For 10 bucks, I figured why not. I have a soft spot for all the Dynasty Warriors-esque games, so this will probably end up getting played.

Picked up a copy on the way home from work. Was gutted, but the disc was in pristine condition, so no complaints from me.

So why are people complaining that it could possibly be a gutted game again? If you're going to play it, why does it matter? It's 10 bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
So why are people complaining that it could possibly be a gutted game again? If you're going to play it, why does it matter? It's 10 bucks.
I brought a gutted copy and it is (slightly) scratched so that is why a lot of people avoid it if possible.

Also, removing the price sticker is a PITA.

So... did anyone managed to get a sealed copy from GameStop????

I brought a gutted copy and it is (slightly) scratched so that is why a lot of people avoid it if possible.

Also, removing the price sticker is a PITA.

So... did anyone managed to get a sealed copy from GameStop????
I did say you should open it, upon buying it. In that case they can't give any excuse. As far as sealed copied goes, they checked for me in the system and all local stores only had 1 copy....

Grabbed a copy, it was gutted. Disk had some light scratches, and the case was cracked. Selling as "new" is really silly.

Regardless, for the price it was a decent deal. So I'm not really complaining, except on principal.

does this mean that people will play multiplayer with me now?!?!

add me on xbl - masatfc and stay tuned to find out!

Just got around to playing this abit today and yesterday. I tried all modes onlinem but looks like online mode is dead, at least for the 360 ver
eeehhh heeemm *cough cough*

send me a message, we can get together!

to be honest, online was dead when this came out. hopefully this dumping off sale price will pick it up a bit.

I bought a game the other day that was sealed. I played it and wanted to return it. They told me no, because it was opened. Yes, that's right. An open game to them is not new anymore. See the problem?

*note. I did not buy a game the other day that was sealed and tried to return it. Just making an example*

I bought a game the other day that was sealed. I played it and wanted to return it. They told me no, because it was opened. Yes, that's right. An open game to them is not new anymore. See the problem?

*note. I did not buy a game the other day that was sealed and tried to return it. Just making an example*
hah, seriously. Honestly it amazes me how many people seem to have no problem paying for a 'new' game that is obviously used. Would you buy a box of cookies from a store that they dumped the cookies out, crumbled them up, and threw in a dirty sleeve. THen put the box out for people to paw and slapped a bunch of stickers all over it? Hell no. Why the hell do people tolerate that shit with their games?

Blea. Like most of you all they have around here is guts. I wanted to PM this at BBY but BBY doesn't carry this new anymore

Told my wife about it. Hopefully she stops at one of the stores in town and picks a copy up for me. I've been eying it on Amazon for a while but never wanted to pay $20 for it since I didn't care much for the first game. Being a musou game though, I have to own it.

Thanks for the heads up! I am going to try to find one on my way home this afternoon. The first one was dumb fun, and this looks like more of the same.

But it was 10 dollars. I don't buy gutted copies of 60 dollar games. But it was 10.

But it was 10 dollars. I don't buy gutted copies of 60 dollar games. But it was 10.
There are people out there that are perfectly fine with buying gutted games at $60.

There lies the problem, you have to set a threshold somewhere.

And for a lot of people, it is $0.01

I'm sure even those that hate gutted copies brought it anyway, but only bc there is not a better alternative this time around.

hah, seriously. Honestly it amazes me how many people seem to have no problem paying for a 'new' game that is obviously used. Would you buy a box of cookies from a store that they dumped the cookies out, crumbled them up, and threw in a dirty sleeve. THen put the box out for people to paw and slapped a bunch of stickers all over it? Hell no. Why the hell do people tolerate that shit with their games?

Blea. Like most of you all they have around here is guts. I wanted to PM this at BBY but BBY doesn't carry this new anymore
Exactly. If nobody bought gutted copies ever, Gamestop would have to change. But the sheeple still do, which is why Gamestop will always have gutted games.

Price doesn't matter. $60, $10, $1, I don't buy gutted games. I don't pay a new price for a used game.

There are people out there that are perfectly fine with buying gutted games at $60.

There lies the problem, you have to set a threshold somewhere.

And for a lot of people, it is $0.01

I'm sure even those that hate gutted copies brought it anyway, but only bc there is not a better alternative this time around.
Right. That's my threshold. Game has to be cheaper than $.01 for me to buy it gutted.

There's a policy where PS3 games must be in english language before they get a physical release in the States. This is why KOEI games now or any other third party Sega, etc. won't release games physically anymore.
isn't yakuza 4 in japanese

I still haven't opened my copy that I got like last April.  Even then I only paid like $20 bucks.  I really should get around to it.  I love FOTNS and enjoyed the first one, despite it's flaws.

That doesn't explain how Aquapazza and KOF XIII got a retail release (since they're both in English in text, only JP in voices, Sega's Yakuza series and Project Diva are certain exceptions), besides, their rules these days for stuff like that are somewhat lenient for certain titles.

OT: Had the game since launch, already had a good time getting it complete, but hey, a sale (or possible perm. price drop) for this is good enough for that price.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back