Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:30 AM

Mario Tennis Open for 3ds at groupon for $19.99 with free shipping

http://www.groupon.c...is-open-for-3ds

#2 PrarieD0G

PrarieD0G

Hikikomori

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:05 AM

Gah! I know I don't need it with all the 3DS games I've been buying lately, but... dat price.

From what I've heard it's sort of a generic (but good) tennis game with Mario character skins. The characters all control pretty much the same aside from minor speed differences, from what I've read of reviews. Kind of disappointing. BUT! I still kind of want it because the core gameplay is apparently good and tennis games are fun.

So there's my cheapass mind working for ya...

(Thanks OP)

#3 SchmidtA99

SchmidtA99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:07 AM

I'm the same way. Not sure if I want to buy it. But its so cheap.

#4 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:17 AM

Online is dead. No reason to buy it as a single-player only game. Worst game in the series. 

#5 SpeedBrkr

SpeedBrkr

SUPER DYNAMIC!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:19 AM

$19.99 @ K-Mart too.

http://www.kmart.com...8W005009325001P

#6 fullhavok

fullhavok

I am the one!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

Awesome, I had some groupin credit, I was on the fence, but for 8 bucks, I got it. Thank dude. Needed a new game for my shiny new m&l limited I got two days ago :)
"This isn't fair. We came to Hollywood, I fell in love. Fu*kin', we got shot at, we stole a monkey, and I got punched in the motherfu*king nuts by a guy named Cock-Knocker. "
Posted Image[Thanks OTM]

Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS 1332-7714-6780

#7 CrispyGoomba

CrispyGoomba

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:36 AM

Can't say I would recommend this game to anyone. It's fun at first, but after going through the tournaments a few times, it becomes repetitive. Also, the mini-games that are there don't offer much. I would say pick it up at $10 or less if you can find a deal like that in the future. 

#8 malethief

malethief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

I really loved the gamecube one as I still play it to this day. When I picked this one up, I played it for a week or so and I was disappointed after a few sessions of playing. All the personality and charm the previous title seems to be missing for a generic tennis title. What a shame as I was ready to put away my wave bird controllers and play this on the go :/

#9 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

Saw on clearance for $14.97 at Sears.

#10 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

9.99 at rcwilley.  Shipping is 7.84 but it's a flat rate so they have other clearanced stuff you can buy to help offset the cost.

default.png2.png

#11 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:36 PM

Hmm I have $24 in Groupon credit that I don't know if I'll ever use, so I'm thinking about jumpin on this just for more 3DS titles in the collection

#12 yukonrye

yukonrye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm looking to sell my copy, still sealed, for $20. PM me if interested. I'll take paypal or amazon credit (need to get my wife a kindle paperwhite)

#13 IbiteHRD

IbiteHRD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

I still have this game on the virtual boy.  Is there any difference between the two?

#14 UlysisAM

UlysisAM

'Nuff Said...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:31 AM

I still have this game on the virtual boy.  Is there any difference between the two?

One is in color and the other makes you blind.

#15 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:16 AM

I'm looking to sell my copy, still sealed, for $20. PM me if interested. I'll take paypal or amazon credit (need to get my wife a kindle paperwhite)

i buy it for 12 shipped  :)

WOOOO I STINK

#16 Brachabre

Brachabre

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

god I want to buy this, but not. I loved mario tennis on virtual boy back in the day and still own VB/Mario Tennis, but I've seen all the design pitfalls making this new rendition uncouth. For $20 shipped? I'm thinking it's still a little much due to the flaws for my cheap ass gaming tastes.

Now Playing:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8 bitches, NES Remix      :wii: Zelda: TP     :ps3: Ni No Kuni, Chrono Trigger

:3ds: Pokemon X,  Animal Crossing: New Leaf   :ds:  FF Tactics A2

:pc: Skyrim