Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

All Marvel vs Capcom content on sale (50% off PSN, 75% off XBL)

• Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#1 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:02 AM

Capcom's license with Marvel has expired and bc of this they will be taken down all MvC content off the digital stores. Bc of this, they've discounted everything. This Tuesday, Dec 17 is the last day for PSN and Dec 26 is the day for XBLA. Hurry before its too late

http://www.polygon.c...ng-psn-and-xbla

ETA: apparently only PSN is on sale now presumably since the stuff will be taken down first
Posted Image

#2 walls99

walls99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:08 AM

It sucks that the licensing has expired. I guess this means no MvC4 ?

#3 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

The discount is only on PSN, it's not on XBL.

#4 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:12 AM

Damn I have UMvC3 on X360 I hope they put Jill and Shuma Gorath on sale. And I guess ill get MvC Origins on PS3 even though I would prefer it on X360.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#5 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

Hoping to buy Jill & Shuma Gorath before the 26th. 

#6 MooseTheCorgi

MooseTheCorgi

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

Tuesday is the 17th OP not the 19th. Also Capcom should just discount this shit to 80% off and say Fuck Marvel. Maybe it is in their contracts that they can't discount more than a certain amount but it would be nice to get some more digital crap for less money. Am I right?

Taking a break from gaming and on a major CAG hiatus.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#7 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

To be more specific, the sale on the DLC on PSN will end this Tuesday at around 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern. Lately, PSN has been consistent on when they pull down sales and put up new stuff.

#8 Rozz

Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

So far the sources don't say that Marvel vs. Capcom Origins is being pulled.

#9 oldboy

oldboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

I don't get it. You say it's 50% off, but the DLC prices are still the same...

#10 Matenshi

Matenshi

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:54 AM

I don't get it. You say it's 50% off, but the DLC prices are still the same...

I assume you're looking at XBL? The stuff is only on sale on PSN.

#11 oldboy

oldboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

I assume you're looking at XBL? The stuff is only on sale on PSN.

Nope, looking at the PSN prices. Jill/Shuma still $4.99. And costume pack still $9.99.

#12 Matenshi

Matenshi

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

Nope, looking at the PSN prices. Jill/Shuma still $4.99. And costume pack still $9.99.

The Vita versions of Jill and Shuma-Gorath aren't showing the sale price; buy the PS3 ones instead (they're cross-buy). The Value Pack is normally $19.99.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins - $7.49 - 50% Off NXD ($3.75 for PS+)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - $7.49 - 50% Off NXD ($3.75 for PS+)

#13 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:03 AM

snagged mvc2 even thought i have it for DC.. trying to decide if i want the marvel origins pack. Its been forever since i played the first marvel vs capcom or the regular marvel fighter. If i remember right, neither one was all that great, right?

My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#14 Matenshi

Matenshi

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

Personal preference I think. I know a lot of people who think the first MvC is the best one.

#15 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

I just picked up MVC Origins and MVC 2, now I need to figure out if I want the DLC on the Vita or xbox 360. What do you guys thing?

#16 Matenshi

Matenshi

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

I just picked up MVC Origins and MVC 2, now I need to figure out if I want the DLC on the Vita or xbox 360. What do you guys thing?

Unless you prefer playing it on 360 I say Vita, considering it's on sale and you get it for the PS3 version as well.

#17 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

Tuesday is the 17th OP not the 19th. Also Capcom should just discount this shit to 80% off and say Fuck Marvel. Maybe it is in their contracts that they can't discount more than a certain amount but it would be nice to get some more digital crap for less money. Am I right?

thanks. That was a typo. I only have PS3, so couldn't verify the 360 prices. Presumably those will be discounted later since it wont be pulled first

So far the sources don't say that Marvel vs. Capcom Origins is being pulled.

could be an oversight. I think that's coming down as well

Posted Image

#18 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Unless you prefer playing it on 360 I say Vita, considering it's on sale and you get it for the PS3 version as well.

How does the cross buy feature work? Just buy it for PS3 and it will show up on my download list on the vita?

#19 Matenshi

Matenshi

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

How does the cross buy feature work? Just buy it for PS3 and it will show up on my download list on the vita?

When you buy one you get both the PS3 and Vita versions as "purchased"/in your download list.

If you go for them, make sure you buy the PS3 versions (see my post above for easy links) because the Vita versions of the characters aren't showing the sale price for some reason. :)

#20 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:56 AM

Well, looks like the Physical Copies of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2/XBox), MvC3 and UMvC3 will go up in value in the next year or so...

431417_10150545115617030_1389355330_n.jp

#21 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Well, looks like the Physical Copies of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2/XBox), MvC3 and UMvC3 will go up in value in the next year or so...

These games have pretty much peaked in terms of their sales. The Xbox/PS2 versions of MvC2 weren't very good ports either, in fact the ps2 version was pretty bad.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#22 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

FWIW, MvC3 performs better on 360, if you're trying to decide which version to buy.

#23 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

I don't think so as its not like MvC3 are rare titles. Only a limited number of MvC2 was printed before the license expired, which caused their high value. There's a lot of MvC3 out there in the wild. I wouldn't expect to see a significant jump in value for that.

Posted Image

#24 Versafied

Versafied

Formerly known as vlv723

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

I see. It may or may not happen but time can tell.

Shit, I really want Capcom to release X-Men: Children of the Atom, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, and Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter

Not gonna happen unless they fork over the money to Disney.

431417_10150545115617030_1389355330_n.jp

#25 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

I see. It may or may not happen but time can tell.

Shit, I really want Capcom to release X-Men: Children of the Atom, X-Men vs. Street Fighter, and Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter

Not gonna happen unless they fork over the money to Disney.

they had a few years to do it while they had the license, but didn't. Such a shame too. I really wish X-men: CoTA got a sequel

Posted Image

#26 Matenshi

Matenshi

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

FWIW, MvC3 performs better on 360, if you're trying to decide which version to buy.

Is there a place that details this? From what I understood they're basically the same (except for maybe input time difference, can't remember).

#27 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

NOIF VOIGIL

#28 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

$3.75 for MvC:O and MvC2 each...

UMvC3 is "Disc Only" now.

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#29 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:33 PM

:o wait.. Disney bought Mavel? :o wolverine in Disney infinity?!

#30 MooseTheCorgi

MooseTheCorgi

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Is there a place that details this? From what I understood they're basically the same (except for maybe input time difference, can't remember).

I know at Tournaments they use the Xbox 360 version of UMVC3. I just went to the Capcom Cup the other day and saw them using the Xbox 360 for SFxT and UMVC3.. I didn't check what they used for SSIVAE though...

Taking a break from gaming and on a major CAG hiatus.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group