Watch Dogs: Limited Collector's Edition PS4 - $130 Newegg/Walmart

lectersvictim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
For a couple of months now the Watch Dogs: Limited Collector's Edition for Playstation 4 has been sold out everywhere. There are still a couple of retailers that are still accepting pre-orders. The only CAG deal would be if it comes back in stock at Best Buy with a Gamer's Club Unlocked Membership for $103.99. Enjoy!

Wal-mart - $129.99 + FREE SHIP + TAX

Newegg - $129.99 + $4.99 S&H = $134.99

Best Buy - $129.99 ($103.99 W/ GCU) (OOS)

Amazon - $129.99 (OOS)

Gamestop$129.99 (OOS)

Target$129.99 (OOS)

You do know that this will end up discounted for 60% off eventually just like every other Ubisoft limited edition, right?

You do know that this will end up discounted for 60% off eventually just like every other Ubisoft limited edition, right?
Not to mention there will be an ultimate edition or some bullshit down the road too. I don't see the advantage of paying a premium for a product that will not be the premium product one year later.

Not falling for this Limited Edition nonsense anymore after I've seen so many of them sell for 50-75% cheaper a few months after release.

What's in this LE?
  • CONTENTS OF LIMITED EDITION: Retail copy of the highly anticipated Watch_Dogs game
  • Collectable Steel Book game case and Official Watch_Dogs Soundtrack
  • Aiden's iconic Vigilante Mask with the symbol for interconnectivity emblazed on the front
  • 9 in Statue of Aiden Pearce ready to exact revenge with his phone in hand
  • Hardcover Art Book with 80 pages of concept art that lets fans explore the Watch-Dogs vision of Chicago
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/919aRwZ7pZL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Vinsanity" post="11362138" timestamp="1387392734"]Not falling for this Limited Edition nonsense anymore after I've seen so many of them sell for 50-75% cheaper a few months after release.[/quote]

Yeah, exactly. None of these CE's from the major publishers are ever truly limited, unless they specifically provide a hard number or something like that.

I grabbed the Arkam Origins CE a week or two back for $65 from newegg. People we're buying them for more than retail ($120) before the release, since they were "sold out" at that time. Right.. I probably would have waited even longer but I wanted to play the game and the reg edition was only like $20 cheaper, so I figurd why not..

Reminds me of a lot of the Black Friday "deals" these past couple years. Retailers more than often just work with publishers to set prices and quantity well in advance of any sale or release. The "sold out" status generally has nothing to do with the actual stock available. It's all marketing tactics and people continue to fall for it.

People sure do like to be asses. Whether or not you're interested in it, it has been sold out for a long time and there ARE some people who will pay the money for it to have it at launch, even if you think the game/contents/whatever are shit. Thanks OP

Yeah, exactly. None of these CE's from the major publishers are ever truly limited, unless they specifically provide a hard number or something like that.I grabbed the Arkam Origins CE a week or two back for $65 from newegg. People we're buying them for more than retail ($120) before the release, since they were "sold out" at that time. Right.. I probably would have waited even longer but I wanted to play the game and the reg edition was only like $20 cheaper, so I figurd why not..Reminds me of a lot of the Black Friday "deals" these past couple years. Retailers more than often just work with publishers to set prices and quantity well in advance of any sale or release. The "sold out" status generally has nothing to do with the actual stock available. It's all marketing tactics and people continue to fall for it.
Dead Space 1, Mass Effect 1.

Anyways, I foresee Ubisoft reopening these in the Spring. The delay will have much more people getting PS4's and aching for another open world game in the summer.

It's only sold out because it was pushed back. They will restock this for sure. They always do with the big expensive ones for games that aren't niche

It's only sold out because it was pushed back. They will restock this for sure. They always do with the big expensive ones for games that aren't niche
Hopefully your right cause this collectors edition has been sold out since October. Luckily I ordered one for Amazon that month before it sold out but I rather get one from BestBuy if it becomes available again later on.

I agree. They're not going to make this truly limited in any way. I've said this so many times now and people never believe me. It's like with Bioshock Infinite, that that song bird edition was on sale pretty cheap a couple months ago at Best Buy but it was "sold out" for pre-order and people were ranting and raving about how it would be uber limited.

There's no fucking way this is limited. Ubi is going to make as many of these as they can sell because the profit margin on the plastic toys make these sets WAYYYY more profitable than the regular games.

Every time people come out screaming about buying some CE because it's going to be rare, it's sold out before launch, etc, I'll just link the previous post I made proving people JUST like them wrong.  So far, I've got a chain of 2 prior posts just like this one.  Next time this happens, I'll link this post linking the next post linking the next post.  ;)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/317856-tales-of-xillia-collectors-edition-avaliable-on-gamestopcom/?p=10950856

I guaran-damn-te you that this thing is not going to be limited in any way and that you'll be able to buy the Watch Dogs CE on sale for less than this price later next year.  It might take a full year but it will happen.

bread's done
Back