Gran Turismo 6 $39.99 @ Gamestop Dec. 26th to Dec. 29th

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Edited for Confirmed Information:

It is not. It is going to be 39.99. I work at gamestop and I have the ad. I will post the new ad soon.
GS will have Gran Turismo 6 for $39.99 from Dec. 26th to Dec. 29th.  My local GS provided information stating the price was for $29.99 (with the standard wink and a shush), but I appreciate the confirmed information all the same :)

Thanks to Dante84 for the confirmation!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be returning my unopened copy if that is the case, but I'll wait and see until I see an ad for proof.

Thanks, OP.

I'm in for $30 I think. Though it probably wouldn't ever leave the backlog. Still can't be bothered to go back and finish 5. Man some of those trophies are just F'n insane.

Information cant be true unless he also stuck his hand down your pants.
500px-Ba_dum_tsh.jpg

I'm in for $30 I think. Though it probably wouldn't ever leave the backlog. Still can't be bothered to go back and finish 5. Man some of those trophies are just F'n insane.
word is GT6 trophy list is drastically easier than GT5's. in the neighborhood of 50 hours, and like 20 hours of that is just grinding mileage for one trophy (drive 8000 miles).

i will definitely be tempted for $30, but i havent played a GT games since the first one on the ps1. i dont generally go in for simmy racers.

word is GT6 trophy list is drastically easier than GT5's. in the neighborhood of 50 hours, and like 20 hours of that is just grinding mileage for one trophy (drive 8000 miles).

i will definitely be tempted for $30, but i havent played a GT games since the first one on the ps1. i dont generally go in for simmy racers.
Thank god. They don't have to be a cakewalk but that one you had to drive flawlessly on Nurburgring made me stop playing earlier than I would have normally. I saw that one and gave up without trying it even once. Near impossible task!

Well I am not too interested in GT6, but knowing that this is potentially going to be heavily discounted, makes me excited for next weeks Ad. Let's go Lego Marvel PS4 $35! I missed it last time around. Thanks for the Info OP!

Bought this day 1 so if this is true looks like I'll be buying this and return with old receipt if I could find a anniversary copy.

Did you pre-order and buy the anniversary edition from Gamestop? Can you tell me where the dlc codes were from your pre-order? I watched a anniversary edition unboxing video and I saw one dlc code insert behind the 7 day ps+ insert. Was there an additional code on your receipt? Or did they give you an additional code in some other way?
I preordered it but if you can an anniversary copy it was inside the case with the 7-day PS+. Only 1 code for all 25 cars, paints, avatar, and racing suits.

I put in a couple hours into GT6 and I haven't been impressed.  I played GT5 and found it more appealing.  I guess that being GT5 had more time being refined.  

Does anyone know trade value of it now?

called store said it was $25, so after 40% could be 35.00

As long as you don't bump this thread like some user did here for damn near two months on a deal that never happened with a rumor.

Epic bomba?
No idea why they didn't just save GT6 for PS4.
They said in some interview that they followed the 2 GT games per console approach. Also with limited PS4 consoles sold since it came out a month ago, the attach rate would be even less than expected, even though it might be a system seller.

still no confirmation from any gamestop employees?
I'll see if I can extract more information tomorrow from the person I talked to. The last thing I want is to get anyone's hopes up, but I wouldn't have posted the information if I didn't trust him completely (this specific clerk called a GS across the country to special order a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles for me before the reprint).

Information cant be true unless he also stuck his hand down your pants.
If that happened, I would have GS ad information for the next month with scans. I might be a CAG, but I'm not cheap ;)

How much of an improvment is 6 over 5? Bought 5 at launch and played a little bit. It's just not that fun, and that clunky memu system was awful to say the least. On the other hand, Forza 4 at the time was much more enjoyable. Maybe I should just wait for GT6 XL for $10 next BF. ;)

I wonder how best buy does price matching with the new gamer club 20% discount. I got it for $48 on launch, but price matching this deal with gs, would I get it for 40 - 20% discount, or just another $8 off? Hmm

$39.99 will be the universal price drop in less than a month for this game.  It's usually the norm with Gamestop's "sale" prices.

I have $55 in GS credit... might pull the trigger on this. GS doesn't PM, which sucks... and this may be the only decent deal for years.
Actually call your local GS about PMs. I have two local GSs and both of them said that they will price match if you take a local printed ad.

I asked them if they were sure that they PM and they said they are one of the few that have permission from corporate to do PMs.

I wonder how best buy does price matching with the new gamer club 20% discount. I got it for $48 on launch, but price matching this deal with gs, would I get it for 40 - 20% discount, or just another $8 off? Hmm
It would have to be an override at Best Buy. But they do price match GameStop.com.

FYI, there's already a reprint of Gran Turismo 6 in the wild, so you may or may not get the Anniversary Edition (25 extra cars and such).

As tempting as this is, I think i'll wait for the $19.99 price point. The game has to much legacy bugs to be seriously considered at anything above $20 and probably in a year we will be hearing about the XL version which will include all the DLC.

How much of an improvment is 6 over 5? Bought 5 at launch and played a little bit. It's just not that fun, and that clunky memu system was awful to say the least. On the other hand, Forza 4 at the time was much more enjoyable. Maybe I should just wait for GT6 XL for $10 next BF. ;)
Not much, just added more and newer cars, also what sucks is that the new 1.02 patch is out, so you will be able to take part in the 20 million credit glitch which allowed you to buy any car you wanted with the 1.01. Only reason I bought it a week ago, but was able to at least get in on the B2G1 New coupon from BB, so was worth it, saved myself 100+ hours.

bread's done
Back