Seems the sheep don't care about the drones

berzirk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Maybe it's coming up in threads I don't spend much time in, but for a group like CAG, and understanding some of the political dynamics and affiliations, I'm stunned that the expansion of the drone program and indiscriminate killing of innocent people, isn't an issue that troubles more posters.

I wish people would organize marches, protests, and TV and radio programs would continue to show pictures of the devastation and second generation terrorists the US is actively creating in these attacks. Instead, we hear about some hillbillies who don't like gay people, and what moose Sarah Palin is fucking this week.  

We get the government representation we deserve when those are major news stories that we eat up.

I wonder if Obamacare covers lost limbs thanks to US drone strikes? At least we found an issue Democrats and Republicans can agree on.

I agree. I wish this would be a bigger issue but people just do not care about others if it doesn't directly affect them. This applies to both republicans and democrats. 

When DD was more active I vaguely remember reading through a handful of threads that touched on users displeasure with the drone strikes but the OT and Political boards have been quiet as of late.

I think that drones can serve a purpose but I am really ashamed as a U.S. citizen to read about how they're being used 

As outrageous as it may appear, civil libertarians and human rights supporters would have actually fared better under a Republican administration. Had a Bush or McCain presidency permitted extrajudicial executions virtually anywhere in the world ( www.amnesty.org/en/library/info/AMR51/047/2012/en ), expanded drone strikes and introduced the NDAA, the Democratic Party would have howled from the rooftops. Senator Obama the Constitutional lawyer would have been one of the most vocal objectors. Under a Democratic administration however, these far-reaching developments have received scant opposition and a disgraceful absence of mainstream media coverage.
http://politicalcompass.org/uselection2012

Watch the skies if you're on your way to any Middle Eastern weddings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait until a 'pub gets back in office. Then, the liberals will be out in full-force decrying our military expenditures.

complaining about drones when you don't like the war on terror is like complaining about ice cream when you don't like banana splits

Wait until a 'pub gets back in office. Then, the liberals will be out in full-force decrying our military expenditures.
oh get the fuck out of here with your generalization BS. I'm a liberal and I've decried our military expenses for years. just because the talking heads all cozy up to Obama, doesn't mean real people aren't fed up with our obsession with occupying countries.

oh get the fuck out of here with your generalization BS. I'm a liberal and I've decried our military expenses for years. just because the talking heads all cozy up to Obama, doesn't mean real people aren't fed up with our obsession with occupying countries.
Not you, but in general. It's true that because Obama is in office, there has either been less complaining, or the media doesn't cover the complaining.

Nobody cares about the drones because Obama is the one behind them right now. If it was back to Bush the media would be focusing on it nonstop but since they have their boy in the Whitehouse they aren't going to bash him or cover it too much.

Just look at the Benghazi scandal that should have kicked anyone out of office but instead they had to lie and say a youtube video caused it.

Yeah.. and Obamacare is a great plan for healthcare... give me a break.

It will a big deal when use in America increases via surveliance and police use.  Right now most American's don't care because they view the mistakes as collateral damage.

When DD was more active I vaguely remember reading through a handful of threads that touched on users displeasure with the drone strikes but the OT and Political boards have been quiet as of late.

I think that drones can serve a purpose but I am really ashamed as a U.S. citizen to read about how they're being used
Thanks for remembering! The new job takes up a lot more of my time, so time devoted to posting is greatly reduced...heh.

But yeah, a vast majority of Vs. dislikes the drone program. Although, I believe that when the Rand Paul filibuster was going on, most people were sucking him off because of his "brave" stance and thought that he was against droning US citizens period, but the next day, he came out and said that he wasn't completely against droning US citizens, but that some US citizens should be able to be droned by the state without due process. I remember a few posters saying that I should give props to Paul because of it and that there's no way he'd before droning citizens without due process, but I know enough about Paul's ideology to know that there's always something intellectually dishonest and cynical when it comes to libertarian issues overlapping with liberal ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Modern politics...

Rand Paul speaks out against the current state of the drone program and he's a hack because he's not 100% against all drones forever.

Barack Obama authorizes drone strikes on a regular bases and, well, hey, it's all good, I got mah free health care. Who cares if couple of brown people get blown up?

It doesn't matter how much the government overreaches, there will always be someone that says "if you don't do anything wrong you have nothing to worry about" and shut down the conversation by implying that everyone other than him is a criminal.  Because....you know...strong man countries totally follow that rule and our country could NEVER change for the worse, amirite?

bread's done
Back