Definition of Failure : Obama repeals Obamcare

it's too radical for republicans to like it and not radical enough for democrats to like it

I rarely see a doctor so paying health insurance would be a waste of money for me.

Once again being the joke that he is Obama realizes how disastrous his own plan is and delays the individual mandate. Why don't they just get rid of this piece of garbage altogether already? It is a joke and nobody wants it.

He truly is worse than Jimmy Carter.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304367204579270252042143502
"Delay" does not mean "repeal." HTH

Btw, there's already an Obamascare thread. Although, I'd love to see your list of good presidents.

it's too radical for republicans to like it and not radical enough for democrats to like it

I rarely see a doctor so paying health insurance would be a waste of money for me.
Irony is that the PPACA is based off a 20 year old Republican plan.

Didn't you say that you were a vet? Wouldn't that mean you have access to the VA and that you're situation is different than most people in regards to insurance and medical treatment?

Last edited by a moderator:

Btw, there's already an Obamascare thread. Although, I'd love to see your list of good presidents.

Didn't you say that you were a vet? Wouldn't that mean you have access to the VA and that you're situation is different than most people in regards to insurance and medical treatment?
Republicans hate everything with the word democrat or the name Obama attached to it.

being a vet doesn't mean you get free health care. i probably pay less but i still don't have insurance. Im not sure but i think you only get free health care if you retire from the military.

I am saying they SHOULD repeal it. Of course Obama is too arrogant to actually repeal his own law because it would make him look like even more of a failure if he did.

If Obamacare is so great how come his own democrat allies don't even want it and how come the President himself (including Pelosi and Reid) aren't signing up for it?

Here is a hint... it is a horrible plan it has always been about controlling the people.

"Do as I say, not as I do".

being a vet doesn't mean you get free health care. i probably pay less but i still don't have insurance. Im not sure but i think you only get free health care if you retire from the military.
Right, I didn't mean to imply that it was free care, just that it's different and better to be a vet without health insurance than being a civvie with no health insurance.

I am saying they SHOULD repeal it. Of course Obama is too arrogant to actually repeal his own law because it would make him look like even more of a failure if he did.

If Obamacare is so great how come his own democrat allies don't even want it and how come the President himself (including Pelosi and Reid) aren't signing up for it?

Here is a hint... it is a horrible plan it has always been about controlling the people.

"Do as I say, not as I do".
If my job subsidizes 90% of my insurance premium as a benefit of employment, can you explain to me as to why it would make sense for me to dump it and sign up for a plan on the exchange in which I would have to pay the full cost of the insurance premium?

If my job subsidizes 90% of my insurance premium as a benefit of employment, can you explain to me as to why it would make sense for me to dump it and sign up for a plan on the exchange in which I would have to pay the full cost of the insurance premium?
So you just admitted you have a better plan right now than you would signing up for Obamacare? Thanks for proving my point.

It is called attention grabbing headline, it is in the article I linked. Try reading.
If you comprehended what you read, you'd know that it was an editorial aka an opinion piece. It's also partly the name of this thread, so maybe you're the one with the problem here?

So you just admitted you have a better plan right now than you would signing up for Obamacare? Thanks for proving my point.
It's almost as if you don't understand how insurance works in this country, or at the very least, how much it actually costs...

Let's put it this way: My current health insurance plan costs $486 per month of coverage, of which my employer covers 90% of. If I go to the state health insurance exchange website, the closest approximate plan with the same insurance company that I have now is $476. If you're asking why I don't switch because the state plan is cheaper, that's a stupid question because the key point is that THE EMPLOYER SUBSIDIZES 90% OF THE PREMIUM because I buy my insurance through my employer and not in the market as an individual.

If I was on COBRA or buying insurance as an individual and not through a group policy, of course I'd switch because the same approximate plan is cheaper. In fact, the whole point of the PPACA HEALTH insurance exchanges IS TO ELIMINATE THE NEED TO PURCHASE HEALTH INSURANCE THROUGH A GROUP POLICY IN ORDER TO GET GROUP POLICY RATES AS AN INDIVIDUAL.

It's not a "better" plan, but the same goddamn plan that costs about the same as getting a group rate as an individual. The baseline for costs starts at the actual price of insurance; not what they take out of your paycheck.

If you comprehended what you read, you'd know that it was an editorial aka an opinion piece. It's also partly the name of this thread, so maybe you're the one with the problem here?

It's almost as if you don't understand how insurance works in this country, or at the very least, how much it actually costs...

Let's put it this way: My current health insurance plan costs $486 per month of coverage, of which my employer covers 90% of. If I go to the state health insurance exchange website, the closest approximate plan with the same insurance company that I have now is $476. If you're asking why I don't switch because the state plan is cheaper, that's a stupid question because the key point is that THE EMPLOYER SUBSIDIZES 90% OF THE PREMIUM because I buy my insurance through my employer and not in the market as an individual.

If I was on COBRA or buying insurance as an individual and not through a group policy, of course I'd switch because the same approximate plan is cheaper. In fact, the whole point of the PPACA HEALTH insurance exchanges IS TO ELIMINATE THE NEED TO PURCHASE HEALTH INSURANCE THROUGH A GROUP POLICY IN ORDER TO GET GROUP POLICY RATES AS AN INDIVIDUAL.

It's not a "better" plan, but the same goddamn plan that costs about the same as getting a group rate as an individual. The baseline for costs starts at the actual price of insurance; not what they take out of your paycheck.
We all understand that but you are ADMITTING your current plan is better than what Obamacare is offering or jus to please you at the very least it is similar to yours. This was the case for a MAJORITY of Americans. On top of that because of Obamacare disaster millions more lose their current plan such as the one you have when they never asked for this travesty.

While its swell and all you have a nice plan with your employer you need to keep in mind this isn't the situation for a lot of people and thus this is the reason you don't really care about how Obamacare ends up unless you get dropped from your plan. You clearly also have not read the law if you think it is as simple as reading whats on the site. In case you didn't get the memo the healthcare plans on the site skyrocket your premiums and aren't reflected immediately.

And now to bring it full circle the whole point of Obama delaying the individual mandate after delaying it for businesses as well is because everything he has promised whether through his words (Remember when he said "If you like your plan you can keep it period" ?) or through what the website said is all one huge lie.

Many Americans are reporting now that they are going to have premiums that are going to cost them more than $200 than their old plan. Just because your plan is fine for you doesn't mean that is the case for a majority of Americans and that is just a fact.

If it really was the case as you are painting it to be then there wouldn't be any problems but you fail to mention all the jacked up rates you aren't even aware of yet.

Nobody should ever have to sell a plan this hard if it is a good plan. It needs to be scrapped.

We all understand that but you are ADMITTING your current plan is better than what Obamacare is offering or jus to please you at the very least it is similar to yours. This was the case for a MAJORITY of Americans. On top of that because of Obamacare disaster millions more lose their current plan such as the one you have when they never asked for this travesty.
Bullshit. Plans that meet the minimum standards of coverage are pretty much unchanged and aren't being eliminated by any edict from the government. The people eliminating those options are at the employer level; not insurance companies.

The price I pay for insurance is irrelevant when the total cost of my plan is $486 per month. Regardless of who pays for it, the total cost remains the same and insurances companies still get the same amount of money for the same plan.

That majority you're talking about? That's 95% of the population that has health insurance.

While its swell and all you have a nice plan with your employer you need to keep in mind this isn't the situation for a lot of people and thus this is the reason you don't really care about how Obamacare ends up unless you get dropped from your plan. You clearly also have not read the law if you think it is as simple as reading whats on the site. In case you didn't get the memo the healthcare plans on the site skyrocket your premiums and aren't reflected immediately.
Even if my company covered 100% of my premium, that doesn't change the fact that the plan still costs x amount. A plan that costs $800 on the exchange or $800 through a group policy is still $800 regardless of who pays for it.

A can of Pepsi still costs $1 whether I pay for it myself or if a friend kicks in 75 cents.

In the state of Massachusetts, we've had this type of program for several years already and the prices are relatively stable. If anything, comparable plans are actually CHEAPER than through COBRA from my former employer for a plan with no deductible.

If I get fired, laid-off, or my company closes up shop, the price of my plan doesn't magically jump from $48.60 a month to $486 a month; that was the price of the plan all along and never a hidden cost to anyone that can read and do some simple math.

And now to bring it full circle the whole point of Obama delaying the individual mandate after delaying it for businesses as well is because everything he has promised whether through his words (Remember when he said "If you like your plan you can keep it period" ?) or through what the website said is all one huge lie.
I'd say that 95% of people covered is a good generalization. I've seen some junk plans with junk coverage that go for $150 a month with $6000 deductibles and 40% coverage after that. At that rate, is there even any point to getting health insurance or even offering that plan? It's like pure profit for insurance companies that are STILL allowed by Obamacare. If plans like those meet minimum coverage requirements, can you imagine the ones that don't and would've been eliminated?

Many Americans are reporting now that they are going to have premiums that are going to cost them more than $200 than their old plan. Just because your plan is fine for you doesn't mean that is the case for a majority of Americans and that is just a fact.
Another fact is that a vast majority of those people have junk plans with junk policies that only kick in after a deductible of several thousands of dollars and very little coverage.

If it really was the case as you are painting it to be then there wouldn't be any problems but you fail to mention all the jacked up rates you aren't even aware of yet.
Again, there's a difference between getting insurance subsidized by your employer as an employee benefit and buying it on the market. Health insurance costs have been rising every year for decades and with Obamascare, we've seen the lowest hike in years. So please, tell me more about the jacked up rates for 95% of the population and quantify them. 5%? 10%? 35%?

Btw, it's actually my job to know the terms of insurance policies that my company has as well as the costs through audits. If there are increased costs, those are costs levied by the insurance companies, not the government.

Nobody should ever have to sell a plan this hard if it is a good plan. It needs to be scrapped.
You're absolutely right. We should've had a universal healthcare system to begin with instead of a 20 year old plan from the Heritage Foundation. Liberals hate it because it's a gift to the insurance companies thanks to conservatives mucking up the legislative process and conservatives hate it because it's coming from Obama.

That reminds me, you still haven't given a good reason as to why members of Congress should be required to buy insurance on the market as individuals when it's pretty much law that requires an employer with over a certain amount of employees to provide health insurance to full time employees and I'm pretty sure that the federal government exceeds that number. Like how does what you're suggesting even make sense? It's like making the drinking age 21+ and having certain people that you don't like never legally reach that age despite being chronologically that age.

I'm pretty sick of both sides bitching.  It's the law, it isn't successful as of right now and we have to watch it play out.  It either will be all that it was said to be, or it will go to shit and the rest of us will suffer from it.

I am getting pretty sick and tired of how talking heads like the OP act like life was better before Obamacare, constantly flouting death panels and expenses and the like. They really do suffer from a horrible kind of cognitive dissonance.
And yet you provide no evidence of how life is better after Obamacare, the rollout is a disaster and millions of people have had their current plans dropped and now they are paying even higher premiums.

Here is a link for all your liberals that cry about Fox News.

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21213547-obama-admin-knew-millions-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance?lite

Even NBC admitted Obama knowingly went ahead with the Obamacare even though he knew millions couldn't keep their plan.

The number is continuing to rise which is why when people say "let this thing play out" it will only continually bolster my case of what a failure it is.

People forget that in order for this to be successful people from my generation have to buy into it and they are taking the gamble that they won't get sick and they want to pay the penalty instead. Yeah such great plans but they would rather pay the penalty? Lol what a pathetic failure.

Yeah you want a universal healthcare plan Doughboy? Then just go to Cuba, they would love to have you there. Oh btw anytime you get any sort of life threatening illness you have to wait in line. Tough luck if you end up dying.

Liberals have the most antiquated ideas about how to solve problems when their "solutions" have been tried many times over and failed the same number of times as well.

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21213547-obama-admin-knew-millions-could-not-keep-their-health-insurance?lite

Even NBC admitted Obama knowingly went ahead with the Obamacare even though he knew millions couldn't keep their plan.
If an insurance company decides to change the terms of their policies to clients that would otherwise be grandfathered, how the hell is that the fault of ObamaScare? Did the administration tell them that they needed to keep grandfathered policies static until death? Is it something that you believe should've been done to make his generalization more accurate? If an individual or a couple has a kid, are they able to keep the same policy if they want coverage for their kid? Or what if someone added an ailing parent to their policy? Should the rates be the same as when they were an individual? Of course not.

I'm having a kid in May, so should I be able to have the kid covered with absolutely no change to my policy? Does that even make sense? Because you sure as hell don't.

Did you even read the editorial? Sure as hell doesn't seem like you understood it either.

The number is continuing to rise which is why when people say "let this thing play out" it will only continually bolster my case of what a failure it is.
People are saying "let this play out" because know-nothings like you have absolutely no clue about how insurance policies are managed, yet cry about how screwed up it is because it's beyond their comprehension to understand.

People forget that in order for this to be successful people from my generation have to buy into it and they are taking the gamble that they won't get sick and they want to pay the penalty instead. Yeah such great plans but they would rather pay the penalty? Lol what a pathetic failure.
Twenty-somethings aren't paragons of personal responsibility. News at 11.

Sounds more like you're another conservative hypocrite that would cry about personal responsibility, but then flakes on it because somehow not having insurance is more responsible than paying for insurance so that any possible care isn't subsidized by those that actually have insurance.

Yeah you want a universal healthcare plan Doughboy? Then just go to Cuba, they would love to have you there. Oh btw anytime you get any sort of life threatening illness you have to wait in line. Tough luck if you end up dying.
The vast majority of European countries and Canada don't have the issue that you describe and patients with serious illnesses are treated according to severity; not by queue. In the US, if you have no money, chances are that you won't get treated at all. It's not like you can walk into an ER and get chemo.

Liberals have the most antiquated ideas about how to solve problems when their "solutions" have been tried many times over and failed the same number of times as well.
Funny, I thought we were talking about how you think congressmen should somehow have the federal government be in violation of federal and state labor laws in regards to employer provided health insurance for fulltime workers just to prove a nonsensical political point. Buying health insurance in the market as an individual that's not attached to any group policy has always sucked and sucked a whole lot more before the PPACA. It sucked so bad that you either paid for an extremely high cost policy or you were flat out denied one for pre-existing ocnditions. Those death panels that those teabaggers were screaming about? They already existed in the way policies were sold or declined by the insurance companies. For the Nth time, now you can get a group policy rate without needing to go through a group policy. Maybe you're too young or never had to buy insurance on your own, but as someone that's been around and knowledgeable about how insurance works, this is a HUGE step in a better direction from what we had before. With subsidies from the government to lower the overall out-of-pocket cost for insurance for people that qualify, and many do, it could not be a better time to jump on the exchange especially if you live in a state that can run it in a way that won't purposely cause it to fail.

Obama has already said that if people want to keep their shitty plans with deductibles that are 5x higher than their annual premium with less than 50% coverage, they can. I'd think that any reasonable conservative would realize that paying their share falls in the realm of personal responsibility, but I guess you'd rather mooch off my hard-earned income like those welfare queens you types like to bitch about.

If you want to talk about DUM LIEBERALS, there are tons of other threads that target specific issues.

I think you have proved how little you know by continually pushing for a "universal healthcare" program. Go live in Canada and Cuba if you want it so bad, there is a reason they were still coming here to get healthcare before Obamacare.

Keep making blogs I enjoy reading them as they continually point out your ignorance :)

It is funny because a majority of Americans wanted to keep their plans over Obamacare, so I guess Obamacare is even shittier than their shitty plans.

Some great idea that is!

Obama has already said that if people want to keep their shitty plans with deductibles that are 5x higher than their annual premium with less than 50% coverage, they can. I'd think that any reasonable conservative would realize that paying their share falls in the realm of personal responsibility, but I guess you'd rather mooch off my hard-earned income like those welfare queens you types like to bitch about.
That is funny because Obama is creating a society where you are paying for the "welfare queens" even more. Apparently you didn't get the memo about food stamps, Obamaphones and all the other freebies he gives to his loyal servants.

I am PAYING for that as well in case you have not noticed, stop pretending you even have a clue as to what you are talking about. You keep defending the indefensible.

I guess you also forgot about Obama telling the LIE OF THE YEAR in saying if you like your current plan you can keep it? Oops that must be inconvenient for you to mention because that would just keep proving he is a liar.

Let's see what other bullshit you can come up with :)

Yeah, I saw that news report too. You know why they couldn't keep those wonderful plans? Because all they covered were doctor's visits. Not prescriptions, drugs, hospitals, maternity, or anything else.(read: the expensive stuff)

Again, I think Obamacare isn't going to work. But don't act like those people had the Cadillac of insurance plans.

I think you have proved how little you know by continually pushing for a "universal healthcare" program. Go live in Canada and Cuba if you want it so bad, there is a reason they were still coming here to get healthcare before Obamacare.

Keep making blogs I enjoy reading them as they continually point out your ignorance :)

It is funny because a majority of Americans wanted to keep their plans over Obamacare, so I guess Obamacare is even shittier than their shitty plans.

Some great idea that is!

That is funny because Obama is creating a society where you are paying for the "welfare queens" even more. Apparently you didn't get the memo about food stamps, Obamaphones and all the other freebies he gives to his loyal servants.

I am PAYING for that as well in case you have not noticed, stop pretending you even have a clue as to what you are talking about. You keep defending the indefensible.

I guess you also forgot about Obama telling the LIE OF THE YEAR in saying if you like your current plan you can keep it? Oops that must be inconvenient for you to mention because that would just keep proving he is a liar.

Let's see what other bullshit you can come up with :)
Sir, do you have a handicap? Because you sound like Bill O'Reilly after taking a cartoon anvil to the head.

He does sound a bit like Bill but it doesn't make what he says untrue. Obamacare is a failure, its gone too far for the right wingers and not far enough for the liberals. 

Sir, do you have a handicap? Because you sound like Bill O'Reilly after taking a cartoon anvil to the head.
It is funny how you can even rebuttal it but instead have to resort to name calling because you know its a failure.

I wouldn't have picked Bill O'Reilly though if you wanted to make that type of a point, even right wingers consider Bill O'Reilly too liberal. You should have said Rush Limbaugh. I am just trying to help you out.

Yeah, I saw that news report too. You know why they couldn't keep those wonderful plans? Because all they covered were doctor's visits. Not prescriptions, drugs, hospitals, maternity, or anything else.(read: the expensive stuff)

Again, I think Obamacare isn't going to work. But don't act like those people had the Cadillac of insurance plans.
Except I am not trying to say those people had the "Cadillac of insurance plans". I am saying they were decent and even mediocre plans but Obamacare is making it even WORSE off than before. Why would you want to go backwards in terms of healthcare?

Except I am not trying to say those people had the "Cadillac of insurance plans". I am saying they were decent and even mediocre plans but Obamacare is making it even WORSE off than before. Why would you want to go backwards in terms of healthcare?
Because they weren't decent or even mediocre.

Doctor's visits don't cost that much. They're not the ones that will bankrupt you if you have to pay out of pocket.

You should get insurance for, again, hospitals, drugs, etc. Which those "plans" don't cover. In short, those are the policies for the "invincibles." I suppose those plans MIGHT save a person money, if they love to visit the doctor, but not take medicine..

Because they weren't decent or even mediocre.

Doctor's visits don't cost that much. They're not the ones that will bankrupt you if you have to pay out of pocket.

You should get insurance for, again, hospitals, drugs, etc. Which those "plans" don't cover. In short, those are the policies for the "invincibles." I suppose those plans MIGHT save a person money, if they love to visit the doctor, but not take medicine..
Okay great let's say they weren't even decent or mediocre. That STILL doesn't change the fact that Obamacare is making it even worse. Why defend a crap plan like that?

Okay great let's say they weren't even decent or mediocre. That STILL doesn't change the fact that Obamacare is making it even worse. Why defend a crap plan like that?
You mean being forced to get a plan that actually covers that stuff? Protecting people from themselves? The horror.... We do this everyday, in the form of age restrictions.

Like I said before, I think Obamacare WILL fail. But the optimist in me hopes that something will be changed as a result. (For instance, the impending bankruptcy of Medicare) Perhaps hospitals will learn to be more efficient, like in the Checklist Manifesto, as opposed to just being satisfied with the status quo.

As for "worse," our current medical system allows hospitals to change 3-6X what a lab will do for the same service, in the same neighborhood. Our system isn't so great as is (in part because of insurance, in part because when the services are needed, shopping around isn't an option), and it could stand a few scares to remind it why something like Obamacare even came up in the first place.

And you're facing an uphill battle if you're going to try and convince me hospitals price competitively. Ignoring what other countries charge for the same services for comparable quality, just look at US hospital bill. It will list the price they charge, the negotiated price the insurance companies agreed to pay, and the co-pay you're responsible for.

From a logical perspective, the negotiated price is going to be closer to what the hospital needs to charge for their services (still at a profit, because otherwise the hospital would not do business). Which means the difference between the negotiated price and the insurance price is basically PURE GOUGING, often on people who have no choice about treatment. And the hospital price is terrifyingly larger than the negotiated price.

Or look at medication: there is this one medicine I know of, that is fairly critical and important for people with a certain condition. On some insurance plans, it costs at least $20 a pill. On a good plan, it's $20 a month.

I have no sympathy or fondness for the way things currently are.

While it has been said that insurance is not a right, and that not everyone deserves it. Fine. Consider the other way of stating that argument: "if you're too poor, go and die in a ditch." Fine. Except that means we start running out of people to do the menial jobs, OR, the American taxpayer is forced to pay what the hospital chooses to charge for their services (and it's NOT the lower negotiated insurance price)

You mean being forced to get a plan that actually covers that stuff? Protecting people from themselves? The horror.... We do this everyday, in the form of age restrictions.

Like I said before, I think Obamacare WILL fail. But the optimist in me hopes that something will be changed as a result. (For instance, the impending bankruptcy of Medicare) Perhaps hospitals will learn to be more efficient, like in the Checklist Manifesto, as opposed to just being satisfied with the status quo.

As for "worse," our current medical system allows hospitals to change 3-6X what a lab will do for the same service, in the same neighborhood. Our system isn't so great as is (in part because of insurance, in part because when the services are needed, shopping around isn't an option), and it could stand a few scares to remind it why something like Obamacare even came up in the first place.

And you're facing an uphill battle if you're going to try and convince me hospitals price competitively. Ignoring what other countries charge for the same services for comparable quality, just look at US hospital bill. It will list the price they charge, the negotiated price the insurance companies agreed to pay, and the co-pay you're responsible for.

From a logical perspective, the negotiated price is going to be closer to what the hospital needs to charge for their services (still at a profit, because otherwise the hospital would not do business). Which means the difference between the negotiated price and the insurance price is basically PURE GOUGING, often on people who have no choice about treatment. And the hospital price is terrifyingly larger than the negotiated price.

Or look at medication: there is this one medicine I know of, that is fairly critical and important for people with a certain condition. On some insurance plans, it costs at least $20 a pill. On a good plan, it's $20 a month.

I have no sympathy or fondness for the way things currently are.

While it has been said that insurance is not a right, and that not everyone deserves it. Fine. Consider the other way of stating that argument: "if you're too poor, go and die in a ditch." Fine. Except that means we start running out of people to do the menial jobs, OR, the American taxpayer is forced to pay what the hospital chooses to charge for their services (and it's NOT the lower negotiated insurance price)
All very valid points you made. Which is all the more reason why instead of jamming down a plan that doesn't work they should scrap the whole thing and start over again.

The reason this won't happen is because Obamacare was never about healthcare to begin with. It was about getting more votes and more power. This law effectively controls 1/5th of our economy now.

I want plans like this to FAIL if it is going to ruin a country. Why root for something that is clearly a power grab and not actually designed to improve the healthcare of those whom they actually want to affect.

On the surface it sounds great but the more time passes the more people will realize there are so many loopholes and hidden regulations involved in this law it is scary.

In the immortal words of Nancy Pelosi "We have to pass the healthcare law in order to find out what is in it."

That is just swell...

In essence the healthcare law makes it harder for insurance companies to kill people for their. If it is government control for that to happen so be it.

Car insurance is too expensive for some people that they drive without it. Can we get the government involved so everyone is forced to have it? Msut what think you?

All very valid points you made. Which is all the more reason why instead of jamming down a plan that doesn't work they should scrap the whole thing and start over again.

The reason this won't happen is because Obamacare was never about healthcare to begin with. It was about getting more votes and more power. This law effectively controls 1/5th of our economy now.

I want plans like this to FAIL if it is going to ruin a country. Why root for something that is clearly a power grab and not actually designed to improve the healthcare of those whom they actually want to affect.

On the surface it sounds great but the more time passes the more people will realize there are so many loopholes and hidden regulations involved in this law it is scary.

In the immortal words of Nancy Pelosi "We have to pass the healthcare law in order to find out what is in it."

That is just swell...
The problem with "scrapping the whole thing" is that it is doomed to failure.

Obamacare started out as a much more ambitious plan, with the aim of improving the system. After battles in Congress, lobbying, it's basically this hamstrung thing it is now.

Starting all over again would just repeat this. Whatever new thing they come up with will get tied up, battled, and hamstrung all over again.

Change is only going to happen incrementally. And we only get the incremental changes by proposing large changes, and then watch as most of it gets stripped away. Most likely Obamacare fails. But possibly some good practices come out of it. And the system improves gradually.

I am very curious as to how you can call this a power grab. If it was solely about getting votes, it would have been dropped as soon as the election was won. Instead, he continued to push it through, It's eroding the Democrat solidarity, and it's unpopular so far.

And while you say this is going to RUIN the country, I disagree. Not because it's good/bad, but because this country has been through a LOT worse.

Car insurance is too expensive for some people that they drive without it. Can we get the government involved so everyone is forced to have it? Msut what think you?
They ARE forced to have car insurance. If you are caught driving a car without insurance, you are in for some STIFF penalties.

And while you say this is going to RUIN the country, I disagree. Not because it's good/bad, but because this country has been through a LOT worse.
You are right the country started to really go downhill after FDR's and LBJ's social programs that they all promised would only be "temporary".

Bullshit.

It was already bad. When I worked at a place that provided insurance we got a new plan EVERY year the 6 years I worked there... every year because cost were increasing/ we were getting less. The company tried many ways (to their credit) to still provide decent care.

Its a big complicated thing for sure...made worse by the utter stupidity and short-sightedness (**ahem,**) of the average american. But it's a step for the better.

Bullshit.

It was already bad. When I worked at a place that provided insurance we got a new plan EVERY year the 6 years I worked there... every year because cost were increasing/ we were getting less. The company tried many ways (to their credit) to still provide decent care.

Its a big complicated thing for sure...made worse by the utter stupidity and short-sightedness (**ahem,**) of the average american. But it's a step for the better.
Okay great so lets use your words, it was already bad. Obamacare only made it even worse. How many times do they need to keep pushing back the deadline to make this debacle work? The fact that its had so many false starts is a joke. If Bush had rolled out something like this they would have killed it after a month and the media sure as hell wouldn't have given as many chances as it has.

Well, then our country was already doomed long before Obama.
Correct but look who I referenced. FDR and LBJ. Both huge liberals. Just look at California and Detroit. A state and an area ruled for a majority of its years by Democrat rule and its in the dump. That is slowly what is happening to the country. There is enough blame to go around for alot of people. But the brunt of the blame goes to the liberals on the domestic front and Obama's debt is more than all of the other presidents COMBINED. On the foreign policy front, Bush screwed up big time with the Iraq War and trying to fight for daddy.

However LBJ got us into Vietnam and Nixon got us out, people always like to forget that.

I certainly don't like how some libs can be so resolute in their beliefs to even cast vile aspersions to those who simply disagree. There hasn't been a conservative mayor in Detroit since 1961. They bankrupted one of America's greatest cities. Such a long reign as well, you would think Detroit would resemble teenage Obama's utopia at this point. Off, waaaaaaaaaaay off. But no, there will still be poverty stricken cities run by D's. Repubs are still just grossly uncaring. And political discourse is juvenile.

I certainly don't like how some libs can be so resolute in their beliefs to even cast vile aspersions to those who simply disagree. There hasn't been a conservative mayor in Detroit since 1961. They bankrupted one of America's greatest cities. Such a long reign as well, you would think Detroit would resemble teenage Obama's utopia at this point. Off, waaaaaaaaaaay off. But no, there will still be poverty stricken cities run by D's. Repubs are still just grossly uncaring. And political discourse is juvenile.
Yeah, the collapse of Detroit was due entirely to having democratic mayors. It had nothing at all to do with the continuing decline and collapse of the American auto industry. :roll:

Now I don't mean this sarcastically - but can we conclude the collapse of the auto industry is why Detroit's liberal public school system is abysmal, It's the crime capitol of the U.S, or why public service employees receive giveaways - outlandish salary's and benefit packages? Political corruption of the highest order. 36 percent poverty level. $28,000 median household income compared to the state median of $49,000. 18% unemployment.

”The city could stop doing all of its current operations today–no more police and fire, no more garbage collection, no more street lights–and the city would still have billions of dollars of debt and promises made for future payments that it would have to pay.”

- Eric Lupher,

director of local affairs for the Citizens Research Council of Michigan.

You're just trolling now with your one dimensional arguments. Public schools function based on property taxes, people being out of work means they aren't paying those taxes and the schools aren't being funded. You're also absolutely daft beyond belief if you don't think crime follows poverty, a poverty caused by the collapse of the only major industry in an area.

That town has never, and will likely never, recover from the American auto industry collapse. It doesn't matter who the fucking mayor is at this point.

You're just trolling now with your one dimensional arguments. Public schools function based on property taxes, people being out of work means they aren't paying those taxes and the schools aren't being funded. You're also absolutely daft beyond belief if you don't think crime follows poverty, a poverty caused by the collapse of the only major industry in an area.

That town has never, and will likely never, recover from the American auto industry collapse. It doesn't matter who the fucking mayor is at this point.
Out of curiosity, do you know of any other cities that might be going bankrupt and how many of them have been run by liberals and democrats?

Correct but look who I referenced. FDR and LBJ. Both huge liberals. Just look at California and Detroit. A state and an area ruled for a majority of its years by Democrat rule and its in the dump. That is slowly what is happening to the country. There is enough blame to go around for alot of people. But the brunt of the blame goes to the liberals on the domestic front and Obama's debt is more than all of the other presidents COMBINED. On the foreign policy front, Bush screwed up big time with the Iraq War and trying to fight for daddy.

However LBJ got us into Vietnam and Nixon got us out, people always like to forget that.
You keep saying Obama's debt, and I keep asking you about Reagan, once you factor in inflation. (About equal in terms of real-purchasing power, but Reagan quadrupled the deficit, Obama did less than that) The thing I've noticed about those figures so oft-cited is that not once do they ever seem to factor in inflation. They just look at the posted numbers and say whatever they want. Y'know how your grandparents complain about how they used to be able to buy a candy bar and a comic book for 5 cents, and now it's 3 dollars? Or why everyone laughed when Dr. Evil asked for a million dollars? Prices went up too,

And while you criticize FDR, consider that the Great Depression started in 1929, during Herbert Hoover, a Republican.

Similarly, the Great Recession started in W's administration.

I'm NOT saying either one was caused by Republicans, I'm sure it's a much more complicated mix from laws and regulations from before, as well as risky actions taken by whoever.

But my point is you appear to be blaming the person who is stuck trying to clean up the mess (putting aside whether he is doing a good or bad job), instead of trying to figure out who took the massive dump in the halls to begin with.

Maybe they did a good job helping the country, a bad job helping the country, or the country would have recovered on its own. But in all these situations, unless they made things demonstrably WORSE (hello Federal Reserve infighting), I would be MORE angry at the people who put us INTO the crappy situation in the first place.

Out of curiosity, do you know of any other cities that might be going bankrupt and how many of them have been run by liberals and democrats?
If my hypothesis was that having a liberal mayor will bankrupt a city then I would go look for the evidence to support that claim. I'm refuting the claim and giving an alternate reason for Detroit's downfall. If you or anyone else wants to support your claim then by all means go ahead and do your research and present your findings to support your claims.

Off the top of my head though I know that Minneapolis has had Democratic mayors since the early 70s and they're not showing any signs of going bankrupt. By all means though, anyone can start presenting evidence that democratic mayors lead to economic collapse of a city, I'm all ears.

bread's done
Back