Best Buy Xbox One

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 Raider Bizz

Raider Bizz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but I didn't see it posted yet. Best Buy has some Xbox One games on sale, including some Day One Edition Games. I just bought a Day One Edition of Ryse.

Ryse, Forza & Dead Rising 3 are all $49.99 ($39.99 with GCU).

Link

#2 drakma2345

drakma2345

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:42 AM

Wohho just picked up an xbox one today!!! This is perfect..thanks

#3 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:46 AM

I need to trade in a game in the morning. I hope the Day One editions or Ryse stay in stock. They should...although Dead Rising 3 sold out a few weeks ago. I was going to trade in Dead Rising 3 to get the Day One edition for cheaper but never got around too it. Wish I would have, would have made broke even on the trade.

Thanks for posting this!

#4 JaYsTeR104

JaYsTeR104

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

I hate these sales there's never a dam Item that I want near me. Just a cock tease sale.

[URL="http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/JaYsTeR_X104"]Posted Image[/URL]

#5 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hmm I am sitting on some best buy credit. I wanted to beat dead rising to trade in but I'm still not done. I guess I'll just bite and hold on to the receipt just in case a better deal comes along. Thanks op

#6 audilover

audilover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

I bought the xbox day one and its really cool. Sadly I feel like I wont be playing a game till Feb.

#7 Dragonaxe3

Dragonaxe3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

Thanks, picked up ryse day one edition for shipping. Got expedited free so I should have enough time to beat it and flip it for a profit.

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#8 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:13 AM

I hate these sales there's never a dam Item that I want near me. Just a cock tease sale.

I don't think many Day One edition games were sold in Best Buy stores. I was there at the X1 launch and there where none sitting out.

The non Day One versions are on sale too and should be in abundance at your store(s) (or free shipping of course)

#9 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

RYSE is a good game, but the replay value is pretty low. Roughly takes about 6 hours to beat the SP campaign. The MP is pretty wack and doesn't really add any value to the game. For $40 bucks, it would be worth playing and then trading back in.

#10 Dragonaxe3

Dragonaxe3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

Thanks, picked up ryse day one edition for shipping. Got expedited free so I should have enough time to beat it and flip it for a profit.

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#11 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

hmm Dead Rising for $43 seems good.

#12 deadite76

deadite76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

Nice!! Need to go in for a price adjustment.
Posted Image

#13 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:58 AM

$10 off MSRP? Barely passes as a deal. Considering they have dropped to this level repeatedly in the past month this probably won't be of use to more than a handful of people. I'd highly recommend putting the price in the title so people don't come in here and crap all over the thread.

I want Ryse, but I'm not touching it for more than $20 (had come into the thread assuming the prices would have been $40 or less before GCU). I've been thinking of getting a Gamefly membership just so I could rent some of these new games but I'll just keep mining the backlog. Between the Steam/360/PS3 sales going on I think I'll be able to wait these out some more.

#14 eXTechno

eXTechno

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:13 AM

this definately helps for Price Matching, thank god

anyone know if I can price match in store if I ordered online?

#15 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

No. You would have to price match over the phone.

Got $27.00 back after an hour on the phone. Would have done a return/rebuy if I knew it would take that long but didn't want to mess with my promo.

#16 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

It would require an override. You'll have to call in.

#17 eXTechno

eXTechno

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

Thanks guys, took me like 5 minutes on the phone and I was able to get 10 bucks refunded to me

#18 MadB00tleg

MadB00tleg

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

I must have just missed it. It's only sshowing store pick up now.
Posted Image

#19 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

It's better than $60!  Thank OP.  I think I'm waiting for a price drop before buying any more games.  All of these new titles should be $20 to $30 shortly as they did not get great ratings. 

#20 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:13 PM

It's better than $60!  Thank OP.  I think I'm waiting for a price drop before buying any more games.  All of these new titles should be $20 to $30 shortly as they did not get great ratings.

Um, Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 have a 78 and 80 on metacritic respectively. While I agree that those ratings aren't great, they certainly don't warrant a $40 price drop in the near future.

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#21 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

$10 off MSRP? Barely passes as a deal. Considering they have dropped to this level repeatedly in the past month this probably won't be of use to more than a handful of people. I'd highly recommend putting the price in the title so people don't come in here and crap all over the thread.

I want Ryse, but I'm not touching it for more than $20 (had come into the thread assuming the prices would have been $40 or less before GCU). I've been thinking of getting a Gamefly membership just so I could rent some of these new games but I'll just keep mining the backlog. Between the Steam/360/PS3 sales going on I think I'll be able to wait these out some more.

Where have all these dropped to this level repeatedly in the past month? Proof or GTFO with your crying.

#22 TwistedShade

TwistedShade

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Anyone know if you can price adjust if you bought the games with your GCU discount? I bought Ryse a few days ago for $48 after my discount but would like to save that $8.

roflbot.jpg

#23 thao0209

thao0209

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Just picked up deadrising 3 yesterday. Now going hace to get it price match

#24 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

Um, Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5 have a 78 and 80 on metacritic respectively. While I agree that those ratings aren't great, they certainly don't warrant a $40 price drop in the near future.

And Ryse has a 61.  With so few consoles being sold for PS4 and Xbox one I expect price drops or sales will happen in January bringing all the launch games down to $40.  The reality of launch games is they only have 2 million console owners to sell to.  After two months there are very few people left to purchase a game.

#25 theenforcer1

theenforcer1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Heads up - Amazon has PMed most of these games

#26 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

Anyone know if you can price adjust if you bought the games with your GCU discount? I bought Ryse a few days ago for $48 after my discount but would like to save that $8.

Yes, you can.  

Just return and rebuy the game and get the money back.  

#27 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:01 PM

Where have all these dropped to this level repeatedly in the past month? Proof or GTFO with your crying.

I'm not going to bother to dig through all the threads for you but here's a quick sample since you're either new here and/or don't read the forums at least daily and want to be a dick about it (XB1 games have been discounted at BBY, Amazon, Walmart, and Newegg amongst others (if memory serves)):

http://www.cheapassg...y-3999-with-gcu

http://www.cheapassg...g#entry11268988

http://www.cheapassg...g#entry11267318

Check out camelcamelcamel for price histories too:

http://camelcamelcam...?context=browse

http://camelcamelcam...?context=browse

There's more I can almost guarantee it, but that's a good enough sample for a few minutes worth of work.

#28 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

i have been watching xbox one game prices since launch and can tell you multiple retailers have had games for under $50 at some point

#29 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:34 PM

But if you have GCU, then the price of these is $40, not $50. I personally haven't seen any of these for $40 that I can remember and I think that's more of what he means. I'm on the fence about Forza, if it was Assassins Creed or NFS I would've jumped immediately.

#30 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

No. You would have to price match over the phone.

Got $27.00 back after an hour on the phone. Would have done a return/rebuy if I knew it would take that long but didn't want to mess with my promo.

I made some Xbone game purchases online last month too.  Since the original order ID does not make any mention of the GCU discount, how difficult was it for the gaming rep to see that the GCU discount should I apply still?  Any suggestions?

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall