Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Best Buy Sale Deus Ex HR: Directors Cut (360&PS3), Sonic Lost World (3DS) Scribblenauts Unmasked (3DS)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

Deus Ex :360: $19.99 ($15.99 with GCU)

Deus Ex :ps3: $19.99 ($15.99 with GCU)

Sonic: Lost World :3ds: $24.99 ($19.99 with GCU)

Scribblenauts Unmasked :3ds: $24.99 ($19.99 with GCU)

#2 MSU_DVM

MSU_DVM

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:39 AM

Thanks OP I think I am going to pick up Sonic for $20!

Currently Playing:

:ps3: Ni No Kuni  :applause:  :3ds: Bravely Default :xb1: Lego Hobbit :360: Dark Souls II (NG+)

#3 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:44 AM

Kinda suck wii U version still pricey!

"Evil is Funs"

#4 kickrockz713

kickrockz713

It ain't nothin to cut that ***** off

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:48 AM

TMNT 3ds is $14.99($11.99 gcu) http://www.bestbuy.c...enage&lp=3&cp=1
rsz_arian_foster_hdr.jpgrsz_1james_harden_wallpaper_slamdunk_walrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpgrsz_nfl_hoston_texans_logo_and_andreback659851.pngrsz_20140509_texansclowney_btc_02.jpg

#5 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

Ordered Deus Ex: DC as it has the second screen functionality of the Wii U version using the Vita.  Sounds great to me! :)

Posted Image

#6 malfcn

malfcn

CAGalicious!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:31 AM

Deus was great. Anyone that didn't play it before should jump at this price.

nihilence.png

#7 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

Kinda have to wait for Director's Cut to drop more. Already played the original. Are the additions that significant?

Emoney244.png

FACSHtO.png

RIP Video games 

#8 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:24 AM

Kinda have to wait for Director's Cut to drop more. Already played the original. Are the additions that significant?

Depends on how you feel about the original game.  It has the Missing Link DLC but the game is rebalanced and they added the ability to progress past the bosses in non-lethal ways.  That's not enough for me to spend more than $10 on personally but I played it on PC and have it from PS+.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#9 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

Ugh trying to talk myself out of buying the Xbox 360 version of Deus Ex: HR DC, I have the CE of the original and the DLC but I haven't played it yet. I've read the major changes are the Smartglass support (which I would never use), the textures (which some I've read have said are improved, others not so much, so must be a matter of opinion), DLC integration (which I have all the DLC already), and the boss fights (which have been rebalanced to accommodate non lethal methods of completing them). Only the boss fight rebalancing really interests me, but I can't see paying $16 for something Square Enix could have easily fixed with a patch. And I don't plan on giving up my CE version so I would have to ultimately keep both copies hanging around. Hmm I think I've successfully talked myself out of double dipping on this, at least until the DC version is $10 or less.

#10 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

360 or PS3 version of Deus?

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#11 geohouse

geohouse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

360 or PS3 version of Deus?

http://www.eurogamer...lution-face-off

#12 Chlorox

Chlorox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Sonic lost world wii u is $35 and imo infinitely better than the 3ds version...new dlc helps too

#13 evilcheez86

evilcheez86

Totes Amazeballs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

Scribblenauts Unlimited (3DS) is also $9.99. Not sure how long it's been at that price, but I figure it's worth mentioning.
http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218816667608

Posted Image

#14 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:15 PM

I got charged $30 for Sonic. Still adding to that list for the Executive Resolution Team.

Subtotal: $20.98 + $0.90 tax = $31.88.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Please send me a PM if you used my referrals. I want to do raffles for you.

#15 guessed

guessed

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Ordered Deus Ex: DC as it has the second screen functionality of the Wii U version using the Vita. Sounds great to me! :)

Thanks for the info. I think I'm still holding off for now considering all the games I've bought lately, but now I know when I eventually get it I'm not locked into the Wii-U version as I previously thought.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#16 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

If the Deus Ex price had also applied to the Wii U version, I'd have bought it. :\ Same with Blacklist at Target.

#17 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

If you want an idea of how worth it the game is:

Deus Ex: HR - $19.99 (FREE with PS+)

The Missing Link DLC - $15 on PSN

Explosive Mission DLC - $3.50

Tactical Mission pack - $1.99

Total: $40.49 ($20.50 if you have the game for FREE)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC on PSN: $29.99

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ultimate Bundle: $34.99

Considering I had the game as a freebie on PS+ and none of the DLC, but I had considered getting it... $16 is something I cannot argue with to get it and all the DLC as a physical copy.

Just don't expect to sell it back to BB or GS. They trade it in for a dollar. Amazon has it listed for $9.65 TiV, though.

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#18 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

Appreciate the link but I'm still undecided. Probably just get the ps3.

apathy.gif                                                                                                                                     NothingfaceICON1.gif

#19 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:02 PM

I got charged $30 for Sonic. Still adding to that list for the Executive Resolution Team.

Subtotal: $20.98 + $0.90 tax = $31.88.

Oh, I used two $5 certificates. $41.98. Just like Best Buy.

#20 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

Me not having GCU kills the deal.

#21 UcanSUKtheFAC

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

Would be in for scribblenauts if they included the Wii u version in the deal (why BB? Pretty sure demand is lower)

TMNT 3ds is $14.99($11.99 gcu) http://www.bestbuy.c...enage&lp=3&cp=1

dude, I wouldn't trade a turd for that game

#22 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Me not having GCU kills the deal.

Me paying $40+ for a $20+ game kills the deal.

#23 crzyboy88

crzyboy88

This is a witty title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Any opinion on Sonic?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

Any opinion on Sonic?

#25 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

Anyone know if this is in store as well? Going to best buy later today and was hoping to get this and SC:Blacklist
Posted Image

#26 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:40 PM

Anyone know if this is in store as well? Going to best buy later today and was hoping to get this and SC:Blacklist

it is in store as well

where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#27 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

Wish Deus Ex was for the Wii U 

where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#28 guessed

guessed

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

If you want an idea of how worth it the game is:
Deus Ex: HR - $19.99 (FREE with PS+)
The Missing Link DLC - $15 on PSN
Explosive Mission DLC - $3.50
Tactical Mission pack - $1.99

Total: $40.49 ($20.50 if you have the game for FREE)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC on PSN: $29.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ultimate Bundle: $34.99

Considering I had the game as a freebie on PS+ and none of the DLC, but I had considered getting it... $16 is something I cannot argue with to get it and all the DLC as a physical copy.

Just don't expect to sell it back to BB or GS. They trade it in for a dollar. Amazon has it listed for $9.65 TiV, though.

Sorry for stupid question, but do you know if the dlc from the disc works with the psn version of the vanilla game? Also, does it fully install from the disc?
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#29 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:48 PM

No separate achievements list = no buy. Already have the vanilla version.
Posted Image

#30 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:34 PM

Sorry for stupid question, but do you know if the dlc from the disc works with the psn version of the vanilla game? Also, does it fully install from the disc?

I didn't buy the game yet. I looked on Google and they keep saying that the DLC is on the disk and not a download voucher, which is a start. But Squenix usually doesn't like to deal with separate game and DLC installs when they create a 'complete' set. So, I think the game may be the game with the DLC already 'coded into' the game itself (with no separate installers, like Borderlands 2 or Dishonored's GOTY's had). If you buy the DLC from the PSN, it'll work with the vanilla game whether you have the physical copy or the digital download. But since The Missing Link retails for $15 on PSN, an extra 1-4 bucks (depending on whether you have GCU or not) for a physical copy with all the DLC is worth it.

The Missing Link is just a separate DLC that branches what happens following the game's prologue and before the first chapter. The other two content packs offer an extra mission and some upgraded weapons and items for use up front. If you haven't bought the game yet and have run with the freebie on PSN with PS+, as I did, then it's up to you if you're enough of a fan of the game to go for buying it. But I'm nearly platinum'd on it, so I will not need it for much longer.

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2