Best Buy Sale Deus Ex HR: Directors Cut (360&PS3), Sonic Lost World (3DS) Scribblenauts Unmasked (3DS)

Kinda have to wait for Director's Cut to drop more. Already played the original. Are the additions that significant?
Depends on how you feel about the original game. It has the Missing Link DLC but the game is rebalanced and they added the ability to progress past the bosses in non-lethal ways. That's not enough for me to spend more than $10 on personally but I played it on PC and have it from PS+.

Ugh trying to talk myself out of buying the Xbox 360 version of Deus Ex: HR DC, I have the CE of the original and the DLC but I haven't played it yet. I've read the major changes are the Smartglass support (which I would never use), the textures (which some I've read have said are improved, others not so much, so must be a matter of opinion), DLC integration (which I have all the DLC already), and the boss fights (which have been rebalanced to accommodate non lethal methods of completing them). Only the boss fight rebalancing really interests me, but I can't see paying $16 for something Square Enix could have easily fixed with a patch. And I don't plan on giving up my CE version so I would have to ultimately keep both copies hanging around. Hmm I think I've successfully talked myself out of double dipping on this, at least until the DC version is $10 or less.

I got charged $30 for Sonic. Still adding to that list for the Executive Resolution Team.

Subtotal: $20.98 + $0.90 tax = $31.88.

Ordered Deus Ex: DC as it has the second screen functionality of the Wii U version using the Vita. Sounds great to me! :)
Thanks for the info. I think I'm still holding off for now considering all the games I've bought lately, but now I know when I eventually get it I'm not locked into the Wii-U version as I previously thought.

If the Deus Ex price had also applied to the Wii U version, I'd have bought it. :\ Same with Blacklist at Target.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want an idea of how worth it the game is:

Deus Ex: HR - $19.99 (FREE with PS+)

The Missing Link DLC - $15 on PSN

Explosive Mission DLC - $3.50

Tactical Mission pack - $1.99

Total: $40.49 ($20.50 if you have the game for FREE)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC on PSN: $29.99

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ultimate Bundle: $34.99

Considering I had the game as a freebie on PS+ and none of the DLC, but I had considered getting it... $16 is something I cannot argue with to get it and all the DLC as a physical copy.

Just don't expect to sell it back to BB or GS. They trade it in for a dollar. Amazon has it listed for $9.65 TiV, though.

If you want an idea of how worth it the game is:
Deus Ex: HR - $19.99 (FREE with PS+)
The Missing Link DLC - $15 on PSN
Explosive Mission DLC - $3.50
Tactical Mission pack - $1.99

Total: $40.49 ($20.50 if you have the game for FREE)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC on PSN: $29.99
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Ultimate Bundle: $34.99

Considering I had the game as a freebie on PS+ and none of the DLC, but I had considered getting it... $16 is something I cannot argue with to get it and all the DLC as a physical copy.

Just don't expect to sell it back to BB or GS. They trade it in for a dollar. Amazon has it listed for $9.65 TiV, though.
Sorry for stupid question, but do you know if the dlc from the disc works with the psn version of the vanilla game? Also, does it fully install from the disc?

Sorry for stupid question, but do you know if the dlc from the disc works with the psn version of the vanilla game? Also, does it fully install from the disc?
I didn't buy the game yet. I looked on Google and they keep saying that the DLC is on the disk and not a download voucher, which is a start. But Squenix usually doesn't like to deal with separate game and DLC installs when they create a 'complete' set. So, I think the game may be the game with the DLC already 'coded into' the game itself (with no separate installers, like Borderlands 2 or Dishonored's GOTY's had). If you buy the DLC from the PSN, it'll work with the vanilla game whether you have the physical copy or the digital download. But since The Missing Link retails for $15 on PSN, an extra 1-4 bucks (depending on whether you have GCU or not) for a physical copy with all the DLC is worth it.

The Missing Link is just a separate DLC that branches what happens following the game's prologue and before the first chapter. The other two content packs offer an extra mission and some upgraded weapons and items for use up front. If you haven't bought the game yet and have run with the freebie on PSN with PS+, as I did, then it's up to you if you're enough of a fan of the game to go for buying it. But I'm nearly platinum'd on it, so I will not need it for much longer.

No separate achievements list = no buy. Already have the vanilla version.
Steam has this, though. If you mean 'I want to get a game that has a separate list of the same achievements so I can re-earn then again', then the answer is 'no, you cannot because Squenix patched this version to have the vanilla achievements with all the Missing Link trophies'. But on Steam, I bought DC with the belief I had Missing Link (which I did and could not find it till it was too late) for $5, and it has a separate entry and set of achievements. =/

Depends on how you feel about the original game. It has the Missing Link DLC but the game is rebalanced and they added the ability to progress past the bosses in non-lethal ways. That's not enough for me to spend more than $10 on personally but I played it on PC and have it from PS+.
This. I have the game as a freebie on PS+ (no DLC, since Missing Link is just a chapter branch between the prologue and chapter 1), and I spent $5 to get the DC on Steam cause I thought 1) that I did not have Missing Link, but I did and did not know until it was too late cause it comes up as a separate entry on Steam's game list and 2) that the DC would patch over the original game and add in all the DLC. But it turns out that 1) I had Missing Link with the other two DLC packs and did not need it except for the extra features, if any, and 2) like Arkham City's GOTY vs the original, they treat the DC as a separate entity from the original game (compared to the likes of Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV). So after getting burned for $5 on Steam, and seeing that the DC on PS3 was being offered for $20 ($16 with my GCU), I would rather wait until it hits the $10 mark before I make the jump.

Did a trophy check on what Missing Link offers, and it looks like a bunch of bronzes and one silver, with about 5-10 hours of extra game time added in. If there were some gold's and silver's, it would be nice to have. :whistle2:(

bread's done
Back