New owner

S

superleaf444

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a Vita, figured it will be nice during my subway rides to and from work. 

I used to have a PSP but got rid of it ages ago, because I just didn't use it (I drove more often back then). Anyway, I snagged the Amazon TWD package, because I was already probably going to buy Sly Cooper and figured it was a better deal. Besides that I wanted to play through 400 days. All said in done, I would have spent roughly the same money buying those things if I just bought a basic Vita.

I've had PS+ for awhile and even though I didn't have a Vita, I usually tried to "buy" everything that was offered, so I have a pretty vast library already. Thanks sony!

In any case, any recommendations? Anything in general about owning a Vita? I know I bought this for PS+ and old school PSone games, but figured I would ask regardless. Or any other info, outside of games, about the Vita. 

Thanks everyone!

Congrads, the Vita is an excellent choice. What kind of games do you like? You should have quite good choices already just from Plus. Soooo much goodness right there, esp if you have been snagging them from the start.

If you have PS+, you can probably go through those games for the next few weeks, if not longer. Just make sure to go to the online PSN store and "buy" all of them before they expire. There's currently a pretty good selection, spanning multiple genres.

One suggestion I have, consider getting some PSP games digitally, and playing them on your Vita.  I know you mentioned wanting to play PS1 games (which really haven't aged well, honestly), but many PSP games upscale really well on the Vita screen due to very compatible resolutions (PSP = 480x272, Vita = 960x544, exactly 4x as much).  So playing PSP games on the Vita is a great option.

If you like classic Capcom arcade games, you really should check out Capcom Classics Collection Remixed and Reloaded (two different PSP collections, 9.99 each digitally), they each have some fantastic older Capcom arcade games that are really well translated.  Also if you're into SNK games at all (Neo Geo in particular), consider Samurai Shodown Anthology and Metal Slug Anthology.  I really love being able to play PSP games on the bigger, nicer OLED screen on the Vita.

There are many other great games out on the Vita, but one in particular I have to mention.  If you've ever played Terraria or are interested in that type of game, the Vita version just came out a week or two ago (was already out on PC, PS3, 360, Android).  Its a fantastic adventure game with pixel graphics and lots to do, you can REALLY get lost playing it!  Look at youtube vids if you're not sure about that style, but for me it is absolutely one of my favorite games ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get Guacamelee and Sound Shapes. Guacamelee is on sale for ps+ for like 3 bucks this week. You cant beat that!!!! You'll tthank me later.

I just ordered a vita today as well.

Had a question, is there a thread on ps vita gamesharing and how it works?

I know that you cant do it like normal game sharing (ie having 50 different accounts with 1 game each)

But I thought I read that it works fine if you and one other person do a gameshare or something

Any info on it?

I just ordered a vita today as well.

Had a question, is there a thread on ps vita gamesharing and how it works?

I know that you cant do it like normal game sharing (ie having 50 different accounts with 1 game each)

But I thought I read that it works fine if you and one other person do a gameshare or something

Any info on it?
No "gamesharing" on Vita, just buy the games you want to play dude.

No "gamesharing" on Vita, just buy the games you want to play dude.
Even with multiple memorycards ?

I was hoping to use my PSN + on my 16gb memory card, and a "shared" account with 1 rl friend on my 8gb (for psp games)

Not really a big deal, since I planned on getting the majority of my games on the psn + account and the ps4 streaming though

Even with multiple memorycards ?

I was hoping to use my PSN + on my 16gb memory card, and a "shared" account with 1 rl friend on my 8gb (for psp games)

Not really a big deal, since I planned on getting the majority of my games on the psn + account and the ps4 streaming though
Yeah, it's not possible. You can only have one account at a time so you would have to go all in on the sharing account. You can have an account across 3 vitas and share like that if nobody minds sharing trophies and only having one person play online at a time.

That said, you can switch accounts whenever you want, but it takes a few minutes to format the vita and set everything up all over again. You could "gameshare" like that but it'll be a bit of a hassle whenever you want to switch it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up getting mine as well. The Walking Dead Bundle, 16GB card, and Tearaway. Already have PS+. I'm excited and it should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

OMG! i lucked out so awesome, well i love my new vita & so does my 9 year old. so i said let me see if ican find him a used one on CL for cheap. wow,i found one! in mint condtion, with a 16g card and the guy gave me little big planet ( game i wanted to buy) and fifa. for $120!! i was like WOW. so my kids happy and so is my wallet! LOL

First off, thanks for all the responses. I forgot I posted this and I didn't freaking get any alerts for some reason :'(

Congrads, the Vita is an excellent choice. What kind of games do you like? You should have quite good choices already just from Plus. Soooo much goodness right there, esp if you have been snagging them from the start.
I already have plus. Had it for awhile with PS3. Thankfully I "bought" most of the vita games, so I have a solid back log, but a chunk of the games are just average.

I like most games. About the only thing I don't like are average sports games. For example, Madden meh, but Tony Hawk yay!

I recently got Lumines and LBP (stupid online pass not being in my used copy) and love them. I've yet to get around to Sly Cooper or Uncharted (they came with the bundle), which I'm sure I will enjoy. Also, been playing a lot of FF dissidia when it went on sale.

Now I'm of course having space problems. I SO should have bought a 16gb when I bought the Vita. They were on sale for $20....I didn't realize they would go up so much post sale. Jesus, memory cards are stupid pricey.

I know a lot of PS1 games didn't age well, but for some reason I can still jam on them. Mainly platformers and RPGs. Though, I can totally see how FPSs and action games didn't age for crap.

It seems PSP had a ton of great games, which I had back in the day (Metal Slug Anthology IS great chimpmeister), but seems the Vita doesn't have as many. :'(

I will eventually get Tearaway, but I'm too cheap to buy it now. And when it was 20$ for a bit I was busy playing other things, so I just skipped it.

Last edited:
I just grabbed Tearaway from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $26.xx for like new condition. So that's one place to keep an eye on it. I loved the demo.

I got my Vita three weeks or so ago and love it. So far I've beaten Uncharted Golden Abyss and Guacamelee. Have played a bunch of Spelunky (3-1 is the farthest I've made it), and started Gravity Rush yesterday and I'm loving that.

bread's done
Back