Left 4 Dead 2 is free on Steam (claim before 12/26 10am PST)

So even if I click install on my current comp that can't play games, it will be noted on my account, and I'll be able to redownload it on my other comp?

So even if I click install on my current comp that can't play games, it will be noted on my account, and I'll be able to redownload it on my other comp?
Yes, as long as you're logged into your Steam account it will attach the game to your account and you'll own it forever.

This is good news. More people to play with.

BTW, if GMG still has it, they were offering the whole Valve pack for $25 ($20 with coupon).

Thanks, OP!  I added the game to my account.  Pretty cool, since I don't have a 360 and haven't played through a Left 4 Dead game before...

Definitely a nice present.  I was so close to pulling the trigger on 2 or 3 copies on Gamefly too, close one!  Nice coop for our 2 new Christmas computers :)

Can you uninstall the game once you've installed it and claimed your free copy, but keep it in your library? There's no way I'll get around to playing this in the near term...

Can you uninstall the game once you've installed it and claimed your free copy, but keep it in your library? There's no way I'll get around to playing this in the near term...
I didn't install (as in download) it on my second account, but I did click the install button on the store page. It's still in my library on that account.

bread's done
Back