Photo
* * * * - 8 votes

FREE for NA/US PS+ in Jan; PS4: Don't Starve; PS3: DmC, Bioshock Infinite, Brothers; Vita: Smart as, Worms Battle Islands

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Electroplasm

Electroplasm

Destroy Erase Improve

• CAG in Training

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection (Jan 2014):

Vita: Smart as (1.4GB), Worms Battle Islands (89.6MB)

PS4: Don't Starve
PS3: Devil May Cry (6.5GB), Bioshock Infinite (6.4GB), Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (625MB)

The January 2013 Instant Games Collection promo is in the ps store. I put the titles in the thread title to give everyone a heads up. Good thing I didn't re-buy Bioshock or purchase the other games yet. Brothers is currently on sale on xbox, steam, and eu psn but now I can get it for free.

Amazon Android App Store (Live NOW):

Sonic 2 & Angry Birds Star Wars 2 are among the free apps @ Amazon

g27-gaming-wheels-images.pnggalley2_th.pngotto-peterson-of-otto-george-passes-awayRIP OTTO

#2 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and nintendo (wii u)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:53 AM

good month, but there is a megathread for ps plus deals

#3 Multibeaster79

Multibeaster79

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:57 AM

I have such a love/hate relationship with ps+, considering I recently bought DmC for $10 through GMG and Steam respectively and have been waiting for a flash on Don't Starve and Brothers. So, win some lose some. But in the end, I suppose it does give me a reason to revisit some titles that I've want to replay.

thanks for the heads up!!!

#4 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

Thanks!

#5 darkskill

darkskill

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

Perfect, I've been wanting to play Brothers.

#6 Jasper & Harley

Jasper & Harley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

One of the best PS+ months in a long time!

UyUhMmy.png

#7 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:06 AM

late to the party  it's already been posted

#8 dcm1602

dcm1602

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

Question, if I  have a ps3/ps4 but not yet a vita

I can still "buy" free vita games on my account, and when I own a vita be able to play them for free right?

Also if I let my psn plus lapse, then renew it, ill still be able to play any "free" psn plus games that I previously owned right?

Or do you lose them?

#9 Dragonaxe3

Dragonaxe3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

Wow! Amazing month! I wanted to buy all of these but for one reason or anotherddecided not to or it was sold out. This is the first month in a while I didn't own at least one of the games.

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#10 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:14 AM

thats awesome i was just about to buy brothers! and seeing that i can play dmc for free i'll be grabbing that as well. very good.

Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#11 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:20 AM

The January 2013 Instant Games Collection promo is in the ps store:

PS3: Devil May Cry (6.5GB), Bioshock Infinite (6.4GB), Brothers (625MB)

I put the titles in the thread title to give everyone a heads up. Good thing I didn't re-buy Bioshock or purchase the other games yet. Brothers is currently on sale on xbox, steam, and eu psn but now I can get it for free.

You know this is just a rumor, right? Even if it's 99% chance of happening, that doesn't mean it will. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#12 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

Wow. Pretty awesome month. 

Wish I didn't buy DMC on 360 now. Oh well. No way I'll play both versions, so I guess I'll be playing the 360 one since I paid for it (and I think I read it ran slightly better). 

Glad I passed on Bioshock Infinite for $13 on last weeks XBL sale. I was holding out for $9.99 digital or $15 retail. But now it's free.  :D/

#13 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

Does the digital version of Infinite include the original bioshock? ... I mean, I think I already might have it somewhere on psn but I'm just curious ;)

#14 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:25 AM

I can still "buy" free vita games on my account, and when I own a vita be able to play them for free right?

Also if I let my psn plus lapse, then renew it, ill still be able to play any "free" psn plus games that I previously owned right?

Or do you lose them?

Yes you can "buy" the vita games and play them when you get a vita.

Also you can replay all the psn games that you "bought" when you renew your plus.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#15 thelaughingmann

thelaughingmann

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection (Jan 2014):

PS3: Devil May Cry (6.5GB), Bioshock Infinite (6.4GB), Brothers (625MB)

The January 2013 Instant Games Collection promo is in the ps store. I put the titles in the thread title to give everyone a heads up. Good thing I didn't re-buy Bioshock or purchase the other games yet. Brothers is currently on sale on xbox, steam, and eu psn but now I can get it for free.

Amazon Android App Store (Live NOW):

Sonic 2 & Angry Birds Star Wars 2 are among the free apps @ Amazon Android Appstore

Good thing I waited on DmC and Bioshock! =D They will be mine. Oh, yes...they WILL be mine...

http://www.presstartoplay.com/ <- Press Start to Play, a new gaming website with a collective of gamers bringing you live streams, reviews, giveaways, and that good old feeling of enjoying video games. I am giving them a chance. Why aren't you guys? Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and Twitch and even donate to the cause! 

XSkittleKrazyX.png76561198028909821.png

"I do not want to live in a world without laughter. Or macaroni and cheese." PSN: XSkittleKrazyX, Steam: The Laughing Mann, Twitch: TheLaughingMannofAF2

#16 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:27 AM

Or do you lose them?

you can"buy" the vita games to the ps3 without a vita but i think if you let it laps your out of luck ..

#17 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

you can"buy" the vita games to the ps3 without a vita but i think if you let it laps your out of luck ..

You get them back if you renew. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#18 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

You know this is just a rumor, right? Even if it's 99% chance of happening, that doesn't mean it will. 

What part is a rumor?

#19 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:42 AM

Is it "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons" by Starbreeze Studios/505 Games or "Two Brothers" by AckkStudios?

#20 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:45 AM

What part is a rumor?

All? The information comes from a video on the PlayStation Store under the free games section I guess. The video mentions those games, but this information has not been confirmed by Sony and could change at any point. For this reason alone, SCEA moved to the weekly format, since people were pissed at things changing between the announcement and the day it happened. They went back to the old format after a while, but they've always said this stuff is subject to change. We've also seen previously announced free games get replaced, like Orc Attack Flatulent Rebellion was changed to God Eater Burst over a delay and Drive Club was replaced with Contrast over a delay. 

So while the information is most likely correct and will most likely be what is mentioned in the OP, the information is still uncertain. 

#21 ThusSpokeZarathustra

ThusSpokeZarathustra

No, I will not make out with you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:48 AM

Is it "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons" by Starbreeze Studios/505 Games or "Two Brothers" by AckkStudios?

It's Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons.

#22 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:50 AM

Wish BROTHERS was also on Vita, my PS3 has trouble connecting to the internet. Still, so pumped for PS4 DON'T STARVE!

#23 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

Wow at ps+. Sure you don't really own the games, but great for games you'd never really buy of try unless it was free.

#24 infiniteHorizon

infiniteHorizon

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

Guess I'd better sell off my copy Bioshock Infinite that I still haven't gotten around to playing yet..

#25 walls99

walls99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:20 AM

Wow at ps+. Sure you don't really own the games, but great for games you'd never really buy of try unless it was free.

So true. Reminds me of the $50 for 12 weeks of game rentals during summer many years ago at blockbusters. Only difference, you never return any of the games you rent on PS+.

#26 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:28 AM

Just bought Bishock for my brother's xmas present. He doesn't have Plus, but I leave my account on his PS3 so he can grab what he wants. 

#27 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:30 AM

Plus is like that old school sega channel, that's how I describe it.

With people transferring over to the ps4, free top tier ps3 games ftw!

#28 JakeM17

JakeM17

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:35 AM

Almost bought Bioshock because i wanted to play the dlc for it.

small.png

#29 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

Wow, very nice month. Glad I didn't get rid of my ps3.

Just gotta sell this wii u.

#30 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:40 AM

SIgh...i just bought Brothers from XBOX. I also bought DMC around black friday. Good thing i didnt buy bioshock infinite