Wii U Fit Meter $9.99 @ Frys

Looks like they put a fresh coat of paint on some old PS Pocket stock...

What is MSRP on this supposed to be anyway? How much is Wii U Fit gonna cost??

Nice.  I got it awhile back. nice little thing.

If you have the balance board, download wii fit u trial or whatever they call that version and register your fit meter and it become the full version.

definitely get this if you have the balance board from way back (or get it used from gamestop, they are $15). you can set distance and altitude goal and when achieve, get outfit for use in wii u fit.

Looks like they put a fresh coat of paint on some old PS Pocket stock...

What is MSRP on this supposed to be anyway? How much is Wii U Fit gonna cost??
The game is $50 with a Fit Meter included, and the Balance Board Bundle's MSRP is $90 (although it's available for pre order for up to $25 off at some retailers). However, the game is being offered free through the eShop right now until January 31st, provided you purchase a Fit-Meter and sync with the game before then. You'll obviously need your own balance board if you decide to go this route.

Thanks OP - ordered one for pickup. With the game being free with this I might as well. I only ever used my original Wii Fit once or twice but with a nagging knee problem that is keeping me from doing much else I might give it a shot once again.

IMO it is worth it just for the pedometer and tracking it through wii fit u. it helps to visualize the steps you have taken in normal day to day activities into miles/location achievements etc.    I am thinking that once I am ready to assault Mt. Everest, it will take some dedicated stair climbing...

Last edited by a moderator:
emperordahc said:
Yeah, seriously, I'm assistant coaching for my son's 5th grade basketball team and if I do anything that requires running or lateral movement I am sore for days and can barely walk. I'm going to get it looked at in January once my new health plan kicks in. I had ACL surgery 20+ years ago on that knee. I'm hoping beyond hope a little arthroscopic surgery can clean it up. But I'm worried I'm looking at severe cartilage loss and am heading for a knee replacement :cry:.

In any case, Wii Fit U could be part of rehab for me no matter what is going on.

And BTW, I got my store pickup notice from Fry's already. Now to see when I can get in there to pick it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, seriously, I'm assistant coaching for my son's 5th grade basketball team and if I do anything that requires running or lateral movement I am sore for days and can barely walk. I'm going to get it looked at in January once my new health plan kicks in. I had ACL surgery 20+ years ago on that knee. I'm hoping beyond hope a little arthroscopic surgery can clean it up. But I'm worried I'm looking at severe cartilage loss and am heading for a knee replacement :cry:.

In any case, Wii Fit U could be part of rehab for me no matter what is going on.

And BTW, I got my store pickup notice from Fry's already. Now to see when I can get in there to pick it up.
I trashed both my achilles back in college from tennis, never had therapy. Afraid I'll head into surgery for that and/or my knees in the near future. Have two kids and they really encourage hurting myself.

Easy PM at BB on phone & was able to use my gift card. Thanks!
I just tried this by calling the Silver, I mean Elite Plus phone number. They wouldn't pricematch it for me because they said they can't pricematch a preorder item. I tried to say that the product is already out and in stock in Best Buy B&M stores, Amazon.com, and Frys. For some reason they're currently out of stock on Bestbuy.com I guess, so they have it listed as "pre-order."

I'm pretty sure I've seen this Wii-U Fit Meter in Best Buy stores. Am I crazy? Have you guys seen these in stock at your Best Buy stores? I guess I'll probably waste some gas money and about 1.5 hours of my Sunday to go find out. By that time it will say "Out of Stock" on Fry's.com and then my BB won't PM it.

I just tried this by calling the Silver, I mean Elite Plus phone number. They wouldn't pricematch it for me because they said they can't pricematch a preorder item. I tried to say that the product is already out and in stock in Best Buy B&M stores, Amazon.com, and Frys. For some reason they're currently out of stock on Bestbuy.com I guess, so they have it listed as "pre-order."

I'm pretty sure I've seen this Wii-U Fit Meter in Best Buy stores. Am I crazy? Have you guys seen these in stock at your Best Buy stores? I guess I'll probably waste some gas money and about 1.5 hours of my Sunday to go find out. By that time it will say "Out of Stock" on Fry's.com and then my BB won't PM it.

anyone know if you can use this as a pedometer without actually using the game..as in let it track your steps and calories and just view it off the screen of the actual meter itself? thanks :)

anyone know if you can use this as a pedometer without actually using the game..as in let it track your steps and calories and just view it off the screen of the actual meter itself? thanks :)
You have to set it up with Wii Fit U before it will let you do anything on it. After it's set up though you could use it.

hmm do u need the fit board for that?
We just downloaded and tried Wii Fit U yesterday and it required that you do the daily fitness test (which requires the balance board) before you can get into the main menu. Maybe there's a way around that, obviously we didn't try since we have a balance board, but it seemed like you had to do the test before getting into the game where you can sync with the meter.

bread's done
Back