Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

50% off all Strategy Guides @ Best Buy [Lightning Returns Limited Guide $19.99, Watch Dogs Collector's Guide $17.49]

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#1 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

fo_gameguides1229.gif

50% Off All Game Guides

Unlock tactics and details to your favorite games, and get the inside scoop on innovations and revised game strategies.

Watch Dogs (Collector's Edition Game Guide) $17.49

• Limited Edition Hardcover featuring unique cover art designed exclusively for the guide with over 30 pages of incredible concept art, rare developer comentary, and brand new character lore.
  • Exclusive Poster Map Included to showcase the stunning cityscape of Watch Dogs with a unique visual style and important locations revealed.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Limited Edition Game Guide) $19.99

• Limited-edition, coffee table book printed on highest-quality paper and bound in an exclusive hard cover.
  • Limited print run, includes large bonus section exclusive to this edition.

• An extra 32-page section with additional and exclusive features.

Edited by htz, 31 December 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#2 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

Thanks for sharing.  Debating on going on a splurge and going for 100$ for the 15$ gift card.  Last of Us collectors isn't coming up half off though... :(

Posted Image

#3 adonfraz

adonfraz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

Great find. Not for me but Best Buy had the Limited Edition Zelda Chest half off too.

$89.99 for Limited Edition Zelda Chest

Add to items to your cart first.

515771.png

Check out this thread to get a Xbox One for free

Topic Here --> http://www.cheapassg...eal-with-proof/

#4 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

Thanks for sharing.  Debating on going on a splurge and going for 100$ for the 15$ gift card.  Last of Us collectors isn't coming up half off though... :(

The spend $100 get $15 gc offer is dead, just so you know.

#5 Jardarpp

Jardarpp

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

Nothing for me, but awesome deal for anyone looking for those strategy guides! Thanks OP!

Jardarpp.png

#6 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:32 AM

sucks 20% GCU doesn't stack

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

Just got my welcome coupons for 50% off strategy guides. So another 50% off for me. Thanks!

EDIT: Going to get the Legend of Zelda (Limited Edition Game Guide Box Set) for $45 (after GCU welcome coupon). Time to ship it to a BB store and get it for cheap. Great deal again, thank you!

b/c I can't use the coupon online, can I just buy for in store pickup and do a return / immediate rebuy with the coupon? Is there a restocking wait?

Or can I pay for it over the phone and have them apply the coupon, then ship to me?

#8 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

Would be the time to use my 50% off a strategy guide. Too bad they are pointless imo

#9 Dragonaxe3

Dragonaxe3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:35 AM

I'm only seeing a handful of them 50 percent off. And that's only the ones I already knew about.

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#10 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

The spend $100 get $15 gc offer is dead, just so you know.

According to this I have an hour and half to shop.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat321100050006

Posted Image

#11 Gamer4life88

Gamer4life88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

Sucks that The Last of Us guide is not discounting, I would buy that in a heartbeat.

#12 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:38 AM

I'm only seeing a handful of them 50 percent off. And that's only the ones I already knew about.

Edit: nvm
Posted Image

#13 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

If you could tie in the 50% off GCU signup coupon with the Zelda collector's set of guides, that could be a great deal.  $44.95 for that guide set would be pretty great.  

#14 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

thanks htz, going to pass, still too rich for my taste even at this price.

#15 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:45 AM

According to this I have an hour and half to shop.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat321100050006

Best Buy operates by CST. It is already 12/29.

Sucks that The Last of Us guide is not discounting, I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure why the sale doesn't apply to "all" guides even though I copy and pasted the promotion word for word from best buy...

#16 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:47 AM

Best Buy operates by CST. It is already 12/29.

I'm not sure why the sale doesn't apply to "all" guides even though I copy and pasted the promotion word for word from best buy...

it takes the bestbuy.com sometimes to update.

#17 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:48 AM

Just got my welcome coupons for 50% off strategy guides. So another 50% off for me. Thanks!

EDIT: Going to get the Legend of Zelda (Limited Edition Game Guide Box Set) for $45 (after GCU welcome coupon). Time to ship it to a BB store and get it for cheap. Great deal again, thank you!

b/c I can't use the coupon online, can I just buy for in store pickup and do a return / immediate rebuy with the coupon? Is there a restocking wait?

Or can I pay for it over the phone and have them apply the coupon, then ship to me?

I'm going to try to do the same thing.  The only possible hangup would be the coupon not stacking with this sale.  Need someone to confirm if the coupon will stack with the sale in-store.

Also adding any game in the same transaction takes an additional 15% off the guide.

#18 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:53 AM

I'm going to try to do the same thing.  The only possible hangup would be the coupon not stacking with this sale.  Need someone to confirm if the coupon will stack with the sale in-store.

I tried to use the coupon in store today and it came up as a phone activation.  

Had to get a manager override to get it to work on the Assassin's Creed IV collector's guide.  

Benefit to the manager override though is the fact that it doesn't show that it has been used yet.  Really anxious to try it on that Zelda set as well.  

#19 ShadowedAsh

ShadowedAsh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

The Last of Us Collector's Edition is probably the one I've had my eye on for a while. I really want that Firefly pendant keychain. I just can't justify spending more than $10-$15 or so on it because I've already got the Platinum trophy for the game. Definitely my GotY for 2013 though.

#20 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

Thanks, htz! I'll probably preorder the Watch Dogs CE guide through this deal (David Hodgson is the man!). :bouncy:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ (:applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#21 The Linguist

The Linguist

.5 man + .5 bear + .5 pig

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

Decided to get Skyrim: LE guide. Maybe it will inspire me to actually play the game.

#22 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

Also adding any game in the same transaction takes an additional 15% off the guide.

If you could tie in the 50% off GCU signup coupon with the Zelda collector's set of guides, that could be a great deal.  $44.95 for that guide set would be pretty great.  

Well... not available for shipping. Guessing it has hit SD by now.

#23 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

There is a 24 hour wait time to do an online return in store.

xivpads.png

#24 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:36 AM

^Well that was quick. Guess I should order for store pickup now and see what happens. I want to know if I can return / rebuy easily though.

EDIT: Well fark me. Can't do in store pickup anymore. Well, guess this Zelda deal is dead.

#25 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

Simple way to sort the guides, on the left select the option for "on sale" you will notice that there are in fact only 29 of them on sale. Which is a far toss from "all"

#26 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

Anyone know of the quality of the Pokemon / Super Mario 3D World guides?

xivpads.png

#27 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

Damnit, I was going to get the Zelda Box Set.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#28 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Feel The Pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

was half tempted to pick up that GTA5 LE guide, but I don't really need it. I think it was just the big green "V" on the solid black that was tempting me (green is my fav color). GTA5 is great and all, but there are plenty of user-generated guides online for free. I'm not a big guide person myself

#29 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Is this part of the weekly sale, or is it a daily deal? I was waiting for the welcome package, which I haven't received yet. I'm going to call GCU on Monday to see whether the coupon stacks. If not, I'll just get the Skyrim Collector's on this sale and something else when I get the welcome package coupon.

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#30 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

Anyone know of the quality of the Pokemon / Super Mario 3D World guides?

I bought the Mario 3D World guide (when amazon had it for $16.XX), haven't opened it yet, but the cover art alone was enough for me to buy it. Comes with a bonus calendar.

512162l1uGL.jpg

81n3xYmyXAL.jpg

814Lh%2BjX-ZL.jpg

Is this part of the weekly sale, or is it a daily deal? I was waiting for the welcome package, which I haven't received yet. I'm going to call GCU on Monday to see whether the coupon stacks. If not, I'll just get the Skyrim Collector's on this sale and something else when I get the welcome package coupon.

Should be a weekly deal, it is posted along with all the other weekly deals. Just wasn't in the weekly ad. The 50% off coupon should stack with sale prices. It worked for me when I bought AC IV Black Flag CE a few days ago.