Turtle Beach DX12 $79.99 Bestbuy

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
Still waiting on a good wireless set for the Xbox One myself. There isn't one available yet is there?
Astro a50 is wireless. At least wireless from the Mixamp to the headset. The Mixamp goes into the xbone via optical port. You will need to wire from the headset to the xbone controller once Microsoft releases the controller adapter. I think early next year is the ETA for the adapter. Game sound works fine but you can't use the mic to chat with until the adapter is out. BestBuy had them $50 off recently.

Why is it so difficult to use a headseton the xbox one and 360? IWay converted my adapter, all excited, just to find out its only for voice volume. Plus my living room is too large for a wired controller. Just sucks, same thing happened with my 360.

Why is it so difficult to use a headseton the xbox one and 360? IWay converted my adapter, all excited, just to find out its only for voice volume. Plus my living room is too large for a wired controller. Just sucks, same thing happened with my 360.

Simple. Microsoft milks it's customers. I loved the 360, preferred it over PS3 up until Microsoft showed their stupidity with the xbone. I loathe them now and haven't touched my 360 in months.

Astro a50 is wireless. At least wireless from the Mixamp to the headset. The Mixamp goes into the xbone via optical port. You will need to wire from the headset to the xbone controller once Microsoft releases the controller adapter. I think early next year is the ETA for the adapter. Game sound works fine but you can't use the mic to chat with until the adapter is out. BestBuy had them $50 off recently.
However they only have stereo surround for the optical input for now until they release an update. Astro has stated that when using stereo, it will still simulate 7.1 but I don't really like simulated surround sound.

Simple. Microsoft milks it's customers. I loved the 360, preferred it over PS3 up until Microsoft showed their stupidity with the xbone. I loathe them now and haven't touched my 360 in months.
Yeah because Microsoft is the first company to milk their customers? Its a damn business, of course their main goal is to make more money. Hell look at Apple. You cant even replace the battery in their products (laptops and phones included) without taking the whole thing apart or taking it into the Apple store to get it replaced. Then they charge you hundreds of dollars for a simple fix.

Yeah because Microsoft is the first company to milk their customers? Its a damn business, of course their main goal is to make more money. Hell look at Apple. You cant even replace the battery in their products (laptops and phones included) without taking the whole thing apart or taking it into the Apple store to get it replaced. Then they charge you hundreds of dollars for a simple fix.
Bad example. Apple is the king of milking customers and everyone should already know it. IMO, nobody smart would ever use Apple's garbage.

just bought the X12 at BestBuy two days ago.  I didn't even know about the DX12.  Is there such a difference that I should return them once they arrive, for the DX12's?  Anyone happen to try out both for a comparison?

Honestly, how long should it take to make an adapter for the Xbox One for 3rd party chat headsets? I'm getting tired of waiting for MSFT or Astro to put one out...

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't in their best interest to make one when sheep flock to them without one anyway.
An adapter would still probably significant increase the sale of these headsets. I myself and holding off of buying an a50 until I can chat with it. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to release one and it's not this huge piece of innovative equipment that takes time to create.

That's ridiculous. You started liking the PS3 over the 360 because of their policies on the next gen console? Isn't this like being a fanboy? You're looking at the company, not the product? People make fun of people for sticking with the company even when the product isn't good. Now you're hating a good product because the company is bad? Their ideas about the X1 would not affect your use of the 360.

Bad example. Apple is the king of milking customers and everyone should already know it. IMO, nobody smart would ever use Apple's garbage.
That's your opinion, but I have to disagree. You are paying a premium, yes, but the products work much better imo. This is very OT, so I'll just give my input on the Turtle Beaches themselves.

I've never used the DSS2 processor included, but Turtle Beach headsets work pretty well for what they are. I had the X1s, and am using X31s for my 360, and they do what they say they are going to do. Good sound quality even without the processor. There are many wires for the X12s and they do feel a little flimsy.

I just bought the X12 at BestBuy two days ago. I didn't even know about the DX12. Is there such a difference that I should return them once they arrive, for the DX12's? Anyone happen to try out both for a comparison?
Well the only difference with the X12 and the DX12, is the DSS2 that is included. It is a standalone processor that converts the signal into surround sound. Now you probably paid $35 for it on sale from BBY (If you DID get it on sale) so it really is up to you if you want to drop $45+tax more but I have had an X12 with the old style DSS and have to say that I really, really can tell a difference than from before.

Looks like it's only marked down $10?
Well the $89.99 price is in itself a markdown, but the original price without sales used to be $129.95

Thanks, Hemi.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do now,  I did not buy them on sale.  I think they were approximately $60.00.  They were $10.00 less on Amazon, I think it was, but with tax and shipping, it sort of put back that $10.00 off.  I figured at that point, I might as well just buy from Best Buy because at least with them I'd get points for spending.  So, that separate processor that comes with the DX12's, can I buy that at some point, and use it with my X12's?  

Can you describe what things you heard better, or why, at least, you liked them better with the surround sound?

Thanks for your answer.  

O:)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been awhile but when I first bought my X12 with DSS(1) I tested them out on GTA IV (with and without the DSS).

The DSS did a great job of emulating surround sound (the shifting of sound from one speaker to the other was a lot more subtle with the DSS and thus a lot more immersive). The DSS also seemed to pick up more sounds than the X12 alone and the sounds "popped out" more and were much more satisfying.

If you have the money to blow then I say get one but if you're on a budget then you'll be fine without.

bread's done
Back