Games with Gold / Free Games Players

The Ebbtide

CAGiversary!
Since this program will be around, I thought it would be a good idea to setup a place where people could try to request help in those games.

Post which game you're looking for help in and hopefully you'll get a reply from someone who is also looking for the same.

Online Play Type Color Listing:

-Cooperative Only

-Versus Only

-Both Versus and Cooperative

-Anomaly (offers online function, but does not tend to offer actual engaging with others; examples being having faster race or mission times or sharing maps and designs)

-No Online Play or Features

Xbox 360 Games with Gold:

Retail:

:360: X Fable 3 -- 2 Player Campaign Play

:360: X Assassins Creed 2 -- Nothing but U-Play Unlocks

:360: X Crackdown -- 2 Player Campaign Play

:360: X Dead Rising 2 -- 2 Player Campaign Play and 4 Player Versus Mode

:360: X Rainbow 6: Vegas -- Up to 4 Player Campaign Play and 16 Player Versus Modes

:360: X Halo 3 -- Up to 4 Player Campaign Play and up to 16 Player Versus Modes

:360: X Gears of War -- 2 Player Campaign Play and 8 Player Versus Modes

:360: X Sleeping Dogs -- Leaderboards

:360: X Dead Island -- Up to 4 Player Campaign Play

:360: X Civilization Revolution -- Online Versus Mode, but has a 2 versus 2 mode (with an additional AI Opponent)

:360: X Hitman: Absolution -- Time Trials and Mission Customization Trials

:360: X Saints Row: The Third -- 2 Player Campaign Cooperative Play, Whored Mode and Cat and Mouse

:360: X Dark Souls -- Invaders that may or may not (probably not) help you

:360: X Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition -- Online Versus, with a Team Battle Mode of up to 4 players versus 4 players

:360: X Dishonored --Leaderboards

:360: X Halo: Reach -- Up to 4 Player Campaign Play, up to 16 Player Versus Modes and 4 Player Firefight Mode

:360: X Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -- 24 Player Versus Modes, and 4 Player Cooperative (Onslaught) Mode

:360: X Darksiders 2 -- Leaderboards

:360: X Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise -- Up to 4 Player Cooperative Play

:360: X Red Faction: Guerrilla -- Up to 16 Player Versus Modes

:360: X SSX -- Versus

:360: X MX vs. ATV Alive -- Up to 12 Player Versus

:360: X The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings -- Leaderboards

:360: X Sniper Elite V2 -- 2 Player Versus and Cooperative

Arcade:

:360: X Defense Grid -- Leaderboards

:360: X Dead Rising: Case Zero -- Leaderboards

:360: X Magic 2013 (or Magic: The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013) -- 2 Player Cooperative Play and 4 Player versus

:360: X Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes -- Online versus, but has a 2 versus 2 mode

:360: X A World of Keflings -- Build a small village or villages together and share Decorative Pieces

:360: X Iron Brigade -- Up to 4 Player Cooperative Play

:360: X Shoot Many Robots -- Up to 4 player Campaign

:360: X Lara Croft: The Guardian of Light -- 2 Player Campaign

:360: X Toy Soldiers: Cold War -- 2 Player Cooperative and Versus

:360: X Dungeon Defenders -- Up to 4 Player Survival

:360: X Deadlight -- Leaderboards

:360: X Dust: An Elysian Tail -- Leaderboards

:360: X Charlie Murder -- Up to 4 Player Campaign

:360: X Gotham City Impostors -- Online Only; Up to 12 Player Versus

:360: X BattleBlock Theater -- Up to 4 Player Versus and Cooperative Play

:360: X Motocross Madness -- Up to 8 Player Versus, 2 Player Cooperative Play and Motocross Clans & Stats Leaderboards

:360: X Monaco: What's Yours is Mine -- Up to 4 Player Cooperative Campaign and Versus

:360: X The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief (Episode 1) -- Leaderboards

:360: X Brothers: A Tale of Two Suns -- N/A

Other Free Xbox 360 Games with Online Play:

:360: X Hexic -- Leaderboards

:360: X Aegis Wing -- Up to 4 Player Campaign

:360: X Doritos Crash Course -- Up to 4 player obstacle races

:360: X Harm's Way -- Up to 4 Player Races, or up to 8 player 2 player team race battles (one player controls a turret on the track to shoot other races, while their teammate drives around the track to win the race)

:360: X Happy Wars -- Up to 30 Player Versus mode of 15 versus 15, and up to 15 Player Cooperative Mode against AI

:360: X World Series of Poker: Full House Pro (Shuts Down March 4) -- Up to 8 Player games and tournaments

:360: X Spartacus Legends -- 2 Player Versus

:360: X World of Tanks -- Up to 30 Players in 15 versus 15

:360: X Airmech Arena -- Up to 6 Player Versus and 4 Player Cooperative Play

Xbox One Games With Gold:

Retail:

n/a

Arcade:

:xb1: X Halo: Spartan Assault -- 5 Cooperative Missions against the Flood

:xb1: X Max: Curse of the Brotherhood -- Leaderboards

:xb1: X Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition -- Leaderboards

:xb1: X Strike Suit Zero: Directors Cut --

:xb1: X Crimson Dragon --

:xb1: X Super Time Force -- Leaderboards

:xb1: X Chariot --

:xb1: X Volgarr the Viking --

:xb1: X Worms Battlegrounds --

:xb1: X D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die --

:xb1: X #IDARB --

Last edited by a moderator:
You forgot a few free games with multiplayer.

• WSOP: Full House Pro has multiplayer.
  • Spartacus Legends has a, albeit terrible, multiplayer system.
  • Doritos Crash Course 1+2 both have multiplayer.
  • Harm's Way has multiplayer.
  • Ascend: Hand of Kul will have multiplayer somewhere down the road. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

I was trying to keep it focused on cooperative play, but you make a good point.  I wondered if people wanted to play things like Poker maybe one night a week, just to have people to play with.  Same goes with those other games.  I'll add them to the list.

--

I know I've had Rainbow 6 Vegas for years now and never been able to play through the Campaign in Cooperative play.  I've tried with random players, but I lose track of the levels I've played, and my brother-in-law and I never get the time to play it together (3-4 years later).  It's 4 player, so if others want to go through it together we could try to set up a night.

Does anyone want to play through Dead Island together?  I started it last night and was really enjoying it, but it seems like it's better with more players. 

Is it 2 or 4 players? I haven't started the game yet, so I'd be interested in playing through from the beginning. I can usually schedule a gaming session after 3:30 P.M. Pacific up til around 9 P.M. Weekends vary.

It's 4 players, but you play as different characters and each one has a different sort of strength.  I'm currently playing as the character of Puma, a black woman who specializes in firearms, even though I have yet to come across a gun.  Fortunately, if I kill enough Zombies I can activate a rage mode that lets me briefly use a pistol that I generate. 

So far the game has been a lot of errands, like getting survivors food or supplies, or rescuing others and then having to get them things.  That's where other people come in well, as you can accomplish more as people can carry items, or even help fight off the undead while you do an objective.  The really cool thing is that you can split up and do different side tasks, like I can do a small thing that doesn't require other players, while you can do another small quest, and we both get the XP from it.  I was playing online with randoms, but stopped after I read about there being a lot of modders and hackers online that can destroy your save file and ruin your game.

I'm currently rank 20, so I have a decent amount of strength and skills.  Only a day ago I was Rank 10, but I played a few rounds of that Arena DLC and my Rank dramatically increased. 

I'm also not sure how this works within the game world.  I believe if you join into my game you'd be where I am in the story, which isn't too far, I think, but not at the beginning.  So I assume that if I joined into your game I'd be at the beginning, but with my current stats.  I'll look this up to see if that's right.

If you do play, every time you finish playing, backup your save to either cloud or another memory device.  The game seems to sometimes just delete or corrupt your save, so it's a good idea to have a spare save.

If you haven't already started Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, don't bother playing the multiplayer for the game.  The community is awful.  I'm Rank 1, tried to join into a four player match, was yelled at and kicked because of my low level.  Played a game against another Rank 1 player, and they quit out before I could win.  Then I get faced against a high rank player who clearly figures this will be an easy win for them.  They're undefeated...until now...sort of.

They won't make their last move, which prevents my turn to attack.  They literally shuffled the selector around the map, trying to figure out some way to stop me from killing them.  They have 98 health, I have 4.  I'm about to hit them with over 200 points of damage.  They can't believe this Rank 1 is about to destroy their perfect record.  They've been idle for the last 15 minutes now (which is why I'm typing this instead of playing).  I need to record this somehow and Xbox needs to ban shitheads like this.

Sorry about not replying sooner, but I've been really sick and haven't really played games this past week.
That's okay. I sort of just assumed you meant Dead Island was the game you were interested in. If you meant another game, let me know.

Still in the same Might and Magic match... The other player just won't play.

I'm usually on most nights, and am on the East Coast of the US.

Do you want to try playing this weekend then?  I saw you said weekends vary, so let me know a good time for you.

This weekend probably won't work for me unless we can play during the afternoon (Pacific time, so that could be evening for you). I will be home, but I have plans to join a group of CAG friends for NHL 14 on Friday and then my first CAG Steam night on Saturday. Then Sunday at 8 P.M. EST is the WWE pay-per-view. But if you can play earlier than that, cool. If not, I totally understand that I'm not leaving a lot of options with that schedule of evening events.

This weekend probably won't work for me unless we can play during the afternoon (Pacific time, so that could be evening for you). I will be home, but I have plans to join a group of CAG friends for NHL 14 on Friday and then my first CAG Steam night on Saturday. Then Sunday at 8 P.M. EST is the WWE pay-per-view. But if you can play earlier than that, cool. If not, I totally understand that I'm not leaving a lot of options with that schedule of evening events.
I sent you a friend request. If you're on and want to play, I'm fine with just random games. With mothers day coming up, I'm sure it'll be hard to schedule things.

If others are on and want to join in, that's fine too.

I'm interested in Dead Island but would be open to playing anything, really. I download all the free games I don't already own.
If you still are interested in playing Dead Island I just got back into it again. I've finally been able to get some firearms, though you're still better off using melee weapons. From what I can understand in the game, weapons also have levels similar to how you have a ranking in the game that increases. So if you're level 10 you can't use a 11 leveled weapon or higher. This means that I cannot give you any of my weapons. But, if I understand the game design, I could stock up on weapons now that are like level 20's and put them in storage. That way when you hit level 20 or higher I could easily give you upgraded weapons to use. That would save you on in-game credits.

I'm also getting back into Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, and finally made it to the end boss. Unfortuantely I died and the game glitched so that every restart an invisible spike has impaled me, so I have to restart the whole fight. But after that I'm going to try and get all of the relics and items I missed previously.

I'll be playing more PC games this month before Windows Live goes away, but will be back to 360 in July if people want to play then.

I just haven't been on my 360 with all the stuff I've been playing on PS4, and Mario Kart 8. I actually saw you playing Dead Island when I got on to download the free games with gold a day or two ago. If we set up a time through CAG, I'm still up for it for sure. Doesn't even have to be right away since you said you want to play more Windows games.

Man, I didn't expect to have this much trouble finding Halo SA players since, you know, it's Halo and it's free. Most of the time I sit minutes and no co-op partners found. I just want to know those 5 out.

Anyone want to try one evening or over a few?

Man, I didn't expect to have this much trouble finding Halo SA players since, you know, it's Halo and it's free. Most of the time I sit minutes and no co-op partners found. I just want to know those 5 out.
Same with Charlie Murder. Takes a while to find people and even then, it's not that many. Haven't even once played a full game with 4 people yet. I think a lot of people either don't know about the free games or they just don't care anymore.

I've got both of those games, though I haven't played either one yet. Just got an Xbox One a week ago and have been playing UFC when I've had time.

If you guys want, send me a PM to set up a time and I'll play Spartan Assault or Charlie Murder. I can play most days after 3 P.M. Pacific. I'll try to check this thread regularly, too.

Stillshadow and CaseX, I can't see your gamertags via this version of CAG mobile, but mine is "The Matt Young" (although my profile may say otherwise) if you want to add me.

Case and Matt, yeah I'm definitely up for helping out with Charlie, although I better learn how to play it first, lol. I've mainly been on my One lately. Add me if you want or post your tag, Case, if you are interested. Matt, I will send you a request shortly. I'm stillshad.

I actually managed to find a couple of Spartan Assault matches last night and I was surprised how tough they made the co-op stages. My partners were awful, though. Just no teamwork and then would quit. Hate that.

I have no idea if I'm any good at Spartan Assault. I definitely won't quit, though. I almost tried the game our tonight but I reconsidered and played some of the challenge mode in UFC.

So are the co-op stages in Spartan Assault different from the single player levels, then? I guess I'll look it up.

Hey, sent you a FR, Matt. Yeah, there are 30 SP missions and I've done about 25 of them. Trying to finish the rest tonight. Then 5 different co-op ones against the flood. Ugh, the flood. It's a pretty standard twin-stick shooter but the Halo theme makes it, for me at least.

I have 2 young children so I understand having to go. Heck, I might myself and then come back, but when people mess up the games of others just because things aren't going well in the game personally ... it's a co-op game!

Thanks. I will accept that this afternoon. I did check the SA info on the Halo wiki for info on co-op levels and general achievements.

I don't have any kids yet, but my 2 cats and 2 dogs often seem to bother me knowing that I'm playing a game. They could ignore me for an hour, but when I turn on the Xbox, they can go nuts.

I have a level 10 character in Charlie Murder if people are looking to play 4 player.  I'm not sure if the game scales difficulty or not, but if so I'd have no problem playing as a level 1 character. 

The game isn't difficult from what I've played so far.  It just has a lot of customization for a beat-them-up arcade game.

I'm willing to go with Charlie Murder. I will be available starting this Thursday at 10 p.m GMT. GT: GracedRapier60, anyone feel free to add me.

So it looks like we have 5 interested in Charlie Murder. Is it the type of game one would be compelled to play through multiple times? I'm hoping it is nice and short like most of the classic beat-em-ups.

I was wondering, how do Xbox 360 friend lists work after you have exceeded 100 friends on the Xbox One? I only had 99 friends last time I turned on my 360, but after a week of owning the One, I have 107. I'm guessing only the first 100 show up on 360.

So it looks like we have 5 interested in Charlie Murder. Is it the type of game one would be compelled to play through multiple times? I'm hoping it is nice and short like most of the classic beat-em-ups.
I played through it for about an hour and turned it off when I made it to a new level, after playing several. It's the sort of game that I would play for a bit, then come back to after a few days (almost like Shoot Many Robots). It is like classic games, but those games tended to be much shorter, so this game can feel like a drag because of it. It lets you customize your character, upgrade their stats and outfits, and choose specials to use, but because of the repetition of it I can understand why people don't like it, or don't play it for long.

If you played a game like Streets of Rage or Golden Axe it's like that, or a better, more recent comparison is that it's like Scott Pilgrim. If you liked that type of game, you'll probably like this game. But if it begins to bore you just save and come back to it a few days later.

--

I updated the first post. Hopefully it's easier to understand and determine which games you may want to look for players with.

Thanks. I really liked Streets of Rage and I think I played Golden Axe in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim (own all the books, too) but it just seemed to be too hard to play solo. This was right after it released, long before they patched in online play.

Do any of you want to play through Charlie Murder this weekend?  Is there a time we could setup?  Friday, Saturday, Sunday?

Max is getting re-used as a free game...kinda lame if you ask me. I loved it, and actually beat it last night but still kinda dumb that we're getting it re-hashed another month.

Haven't played Guacamelee so hopefully it's pretty rad.

Max is getting re-used as a free game...kinda lame if you ask me. I loved it, and actually beat it last night but still kinda dumb that we're getting it re-hashed another month.

Haven't played Guacamelee so hopefully it's pretty rad.
Yeah, I agree. The Max rehash is lame. I was psyched to see it being the first free game, because I almost caved and bought it a while ago, so getting it for free was sweet. I also finished it and loved it, but I was hoping to see 2 new XB1 freebies for July.

Still, I'm looking forward to trying out Guacamelee. Plus, it could have been free games that I already had, so I shouldn't complain.

I could play Saturday night. Friday is no good for me, and Sunday is the WWE pay per view.
If I see you on tonight I'll play. I'm supposed to play Gears of War PC with someone, but he didn't show up yesterday, so I don't know if he'll be on for it tonight either. If he doesn't show I should be able to play for a while.

I'm halfway through, and not sure how it works with progress. If you'd rather start from the beginning that's fine with me. I'll use another character so that the enemies don't scale to my one characters level. Plus the game explains things like upgrading, outfits and secrets to look for early in the game, so it's probably better to see that.

I might not be on XBL if we don't have something set up beforehand, but you can send me a CAG PM and I should get an email notification. I'll be home. Just probably won't be on XBL the whole night unless we end up playing something.​

bread's done
Back