Deadpool taken off of Steam, still available on Amazon ($10) and GF ($8)

Mr. Tadakichi

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
ROFL, didn't this game come out only 5-6 months ago? I have to imagine there's more to the Steam removal than just a licensing issue, but who knows.

This is already going for close to $100 on Craigslist in my area (PS3).
There's a world of difference between what people try to list it for on Craigslist and what it actually sells for.

I am curious what happened to it, though. (Wrong price listed?)

Edit:

Did Activision screw up the license? Was Marvel that strict on the length of the license? Did Steam screw up and de-list the game early?

Coincidentally, this seems to have happened after replacing Deadpool in the community choice poll with COD Ghosts. Makes me think someone at Steam pushed the wrong button when trying to replace Deadpool in the poll.

This is already going for close to $100 on Craigslist in my area (PS3).
I've seen someone list Metal Gear Solid and Tomb Raider on the PSX on Craigslist for $100 each. You can regularly find idiots who think that everything they own is valuable on that site (which is why we have a Craigslist stupidity thread on this very forum).

Maybe someone at Activision is just a genius. They're going to constantly stop selling licensed games months after release, artificially causing them to become "rare" and driving up demand after the initial launch sales taper off. 007 last year, Deadpool this year. Now watch everyone rush to purchase a mediocre game before it is "gone forever".

Maybe someone at Activision is just a genius. They're going to constantly stop selling licensed games months after release, artificially causing them to become "rare" and driving up demand after the initial launch sales taper off. 007 last year, Deadpool this year. Now watch everyone rush to purchase a mediocre game before it is "gone forever".
This logic is just... flawless.

Is the Merc with a Map Pack DLC even worth getting? I probably would've gotten it at 75% off, but It doesn't seem like anything worth $3...

This game starts great, has some priceless moments ... and then concludes with one of the worst slogs I've ever played through, followed by a mediocre song and so-so ending overall. It has some really great moments, but the repetition just becomes unbearable near the end and the actual final fight is just mindnumbingly stupid, with the game literally just throwing wave after wave of enemies at you and, for some reason, making you extremely prone to gun damage while feeling like a god at hand to hand/blade combat. I don't know .. it left me feeling decidedly mixed about the whole affair ...

I always wanted to get this game, but just never picked it up for the 360 because I figured it'll be around. Maybe I'll pick it up just to make sure I get a copy to play later on.

There's a world of difference between what people try to list it for on Craigslist and what it actually sells for.

I am curious what happened to it, though. (Wrong price listed?)

Edit: Not sure how true it is, but one person is claiming that Deadpool has been de-listed from their Steam library. (Another claims they still have it.)

Did Activision screw up the license? Was Marvel that strict on the length of the license? Did Steam screw up and de-list the game early?

Coincidentally, this seems to have happened after replacing Deadpool in the community choice poll with COD Ghosts. Makes me think someone at Steam pushed the wrong button when trying to replace Deadpool in the poll.
Still have it in my library-I doubt purchased copies would ever be removed.

Now I feel bad about returning the $20 extra copy I had from GameStop. Still have the $12 copy from Best Buy from a couple weeks back.

:ps3: Used for $15.78 right now at gohastings.com with promo code RINGITIN

Might cave and get it for Steam as a 'just in case'.

Now I feel bad about returning the $20 extra copy I had from GameStop. Still have the $12 copy from Best Buy from a couple weeks back.
exact same situation here. Shoulda kept the extra if this is really being pulled. I read through the thread but hteres no real explanation on wtf is going on. It cant be a licensing this this soon after release could it? Anyone got any official word on WTF is going on. And those who say this game is terrible dont know what a terrible game is.. this game is MEDIOCRE with a huge helping of comedy that makes it rise a bit above its mediocre action roots

deadpool-amazing-540x342.png

HAPPY NEW YEAR ... NO MORE DEADPOOL GAME!

maxresdefault.jpg

exact same situation here. Shoulda kept the extra if this is really being pulled. I read through the thread but hteres no real explanation on wtf is going on. It cant be a licensing this this soon after release could it? Anyone got any official word on WTF is going on. And those who say this game is terrible dont know what a terrible game is.. this game is MEDIOCRE with a huge helping of comedy that makes it rise a bit above its mediocre action roots
It's hard to say, but it could be related to Marvel vs Capcom 2 / 3 being removed and Xmen being removed.

So in my haste to get a good deal on a game I'll probably never play I didn't bother to check to see if I already owned it.  I did.  So here is the code for whoever sees it first.

V3X2V-8RKPP-LRRJR

I did try to activate it on my account but since I already owned the game it should still be valid.

If you do use it please post on here so everyone else knows it has been used and doesn't waste their time trying it.

So in my haste to get a good deal on a game I'll probably never play I didn't bother to check to see if I already owned it. I did. So here is the code for whoever sees it first.

V3X2V-8RKPP-LRRJR

I did try to activate it on my account but since I already owned the game it should still be valid.

If you do use it please post on here so everyone else knows it has been used and doesn't waste their time trying it.
Wow can't believe I got it, thanks Fearbeard.

I rarely chime in on this kind of stuff...but...

Let it go.  The digital deals seem somewhat reasonable for what intrinsically is a mediocre game...at best.  Sure, it might be the best depiction of Deadpool (then again, how many games are there of him?) as a character via cinematics, but the game and gameplay itself blows.  High Moon Studios could have done much, much more with this franchise, but apparenly , gameplay and level design, clearly wasn't their priority.  

And they called us hoarders crazy...

NOW WHO'S THE CRAZY ONE!!!

Now I shall take my armada of Deadpool copies, all 56 of them, and unload them off for a sweet $5,600

Boom-pow, sweet and sour chicken. 

Nothing is happening to the disc version.  Looking in to it with one of my friends at Disney licensing, this only has to do with the rights to digital publishing.  Activision is still the primary license holder for X-Men games (which Deadpool falls under) and can continue to print and sell disc copies of Deadpool.

bread's done
Back