Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy: 5X Points on In Store purchases, Friday through Saturday. $30 off Select 3DS XL Systems.

• Please log in to reply
254 replies to this topic

#1 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

$30 off 3DS XL (red, black, and blue colors only)

5X Points on In Store purchases, Friday - Saturday.

My Best Buy members get 5X base points on qualifying purchases. Not valid online. Bonus points will not be multiplied. Bonus points not awarded for gift card purchases. Points will not be awarded on purchases made on the Best Buy credit card with promotional credit. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Valid 1/3/14–1/4/14 at Best Buy stores.

#2 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

5x points? Great time to buy a console!
Posted Image

#3 MooseTheCorgi

MooseTheCorgi

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

5x points? Great time to buy a console!

Unrelated to your post, but did you watch the Warriors game tonight?

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#4 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

So I'm a little inebriated right now...can someone explain how I can exploit this 5x bonus to the utmost CAGness? (on a side note, I spelled inebriated correctly!!! Yay me!)

#5 TheGeonaut

TheGeonaut

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

Hey, this is Scooter saying, 5x points is better than... than uh, 1x... points... Hey, have fun!

#6 stripwhite

stripwhite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:15 AM

So I'm a little inebriated right now...can someone explain how I can exploit this 5x bonus to the utmost CAGness? (on a side note, I spelled inebriated correctly!!! Yay me!)

No real exploit. You'd earn a $5 certificate for every $30 spent.

Posted Image

#7 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:17 AM

Damn, and I just bought a PS4. Oh well...

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#8 BobTheFlub

BobTheFlub

Sepulchritude

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

This seems like a good time to pick up some PC parts possibly... Anyone know of any other good deals to stack with this?

#9 MooseTheCorgi

MooseTheCorgi

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

Wouldn't it be $50? $50 x 5=250 =5 Gift cert or did they change it to 150 points?

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#10 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

Aww boo...well back to drinking!  Cheers!

#11 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:30 AM

Smart, run something like that when the whole east coast is covered in snow, lol.

Selling GTA V and Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#12 sjc1279

sjc1279

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:11 AM

I just got xbox one 2days ago. Are we allow to return opened video game console? Maybe i should return it and get another one with 5x points.

#13 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

I just got xbox one 2days ago. Are we allow to return opened video game console? Maybe i should return it and get another one with 5x points.

Yeah, just bring the box with you. Just let them know that you want to change the way you paid for your system. They'll just have to put that the item isn't open. Then they can cash you out on the next transaction.

I was thinking about doing this as well. I bought a PS4 and Ghosts. I know you don't get points for using a gift card, you only get points for getting the gift card. I spent $250 from a gift card, and put the rest on my card. Sorry for rambling, I'm exhausted at the moment.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#14 stripwhite

stripwhite

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

Wouldn't it be $50? $50 x 5=250 =5 Gift cert or did they change it to 150 points?

I thought it was 150 for game related items (as long as you've activated gamers club) and 250 for any other stuff. I was just assuming people would be buying gaming stuff.

Posted Image

#15 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:09 AM

Unrelated to your post, but did you watch the Warriors game tonight?

Yep. Very exciting!
Posted Image

#16 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

According to the deal guidelines this doesnt stack with other point promo's, in other words I dont think it would stack with the double points for GCU and really hard to verfiy that I suppose without asking on the forums.

#17 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

too bad I have nothing to purchase

Posted Image

#18 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

I thought it was 150 for game related items (as long as you've activated gamers club) and 250 for any other stuff. I was just assuming people would be buying gaming stuff.

It used to be spend $150 on games get $10 but it hasn't been that way for a long long time.

#19 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

Last two best buy in store special events I went to they were offering double points. I did not get quadruple points on the games I bought but I did get triple. So perhaps we get six times points on games if in gamers club. Regardless. ..great promo for big purchases especially if open box.

#20 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

i was going to get taken 2 on blu ray this week. getting 50 points for a copy aint bad :)
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#21 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:45 PM

So the most real exploit would be just buying those Visa Prepaid card that enuf always spouts about. (If they work. Technically they aren't the gift card that BBY would refer to.)

xivpads.png

#22 SOLGarion

SOLGarion

The devil is in the details.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

So I already get 4 points a purchase on video game stuff with the Best Buy CC. So with this, damn. 1 base point plus 1.5 bonus points from the CC, plus 1 bonus point for GCU on video games and a 0.5 point for being elite plus. That's 4 points a purchase, or 8% back. With an extra 4 point that would be 8 points a purchse, or 16% back. Or 14% back on non-video game items. Any confirmation on the exact nature of the points stacking?

#23 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Did anyone also get the 10% off clearance and open-box coupon?
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#24 lilbuddy

lilbuddy

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

5x points? I have a $150 game purchase I earned 600 points on. That is 4x points. Does 5x mean I'd get 750 points or will the other bonuses stack?

I think it's:

150 - purchase
150 - gamers club
225 - bby credit card
37.5 - elite
37.5 - elite plus

#25 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

ahh yes i can put the money from yesturdays check on a visa card. just gotta take the 5$ hit from the activation fee
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#26 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:50 PM

Smart, run something like that when the whole east coast is covered in snow, lol.

Best but is dumb because best buy is supposed to control the weather? :roll:

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#27 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Man, my wife's brother just bought a $900 laptop with my myRZ card on Wednesday too. Oh well, good promo tho.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#28 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:58 PM

ahh yes i can put the money from yesturdays check on a visa card. just gotta take the 5$ hit from the activation fee

Yeah, haha.

Anyone know if I can transfer one prepaid card to another? :X trying to see if this would work.

xivpads.png

#29 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:01 PM

Best but is dumb because best buy is supposed to control the weather? :roll:

Irony meter assploded. :rofl:

;)
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#30 lilbuddy

lilbuddy

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

My guess is on a $150 purchase you'd get:

150 - purchase (1x)

600 - 5x purchse bonus (4x)
150 - gamers club
225 - bby credit card
37.5 - elite
37.5 - elite plus

$68 back on a PS4 or $80 back on a XB1 would be sweet!  Finally  more than the tax!!!!