$5 Amazon Promo Credit for Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#1 ea_woods

ea_woods

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Check your email folders for the promo notification to see if you got the credit. Link and details below.

http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1000728511

"Our Editor's Choice Best Games of 2013 are below. Customers will receive a $5 promotional credit for each qualifying purchase (any purchase from the Digital Games store, excluding free items), but the promotional credits cannot be stacked on top of each other when they are used. Customers who qualify for this promotional credit will receive the notification e-mail on or within 48 hours after January 3, 2014. Please remember: Holiday promotional credits given out for Digital Games purchases cannot be redeemed until January 4, 2014 and must be used by January 31, 2014. "

#2 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

Says the EC games are below, but nothing is shown. Psych!

#3 Kolma

Kolma

I like french toast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:02 AM

can't be used till the 4th anyways.
Have 2 $5 credits
one from buying Worms Clan Wars, other from FF XIV ARR Collector's edition.
Wonder what I'll possibly buy.

560501.png

xivpads.png

retrosig.png?a_gc=255%2C110%2C13&a_mc=25

#4 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:13 AM

I got two lol, just from getting xbox credit 

#5 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Here's Corgi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:19 AM

This promo hasn't started yet. I just got done chatting with amazon CS and they said it doesn't apply to past purchases and it doesn't look like promo credit will stack either.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#6 io

io

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:21 AM

I got one also - can't see using it on a limited selection of games I probably already have ;).

#7 Echocentricity

Echocentricity

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:22 AM

What are the editors choice of best games, is nothing showing up for everybody?

#8 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

What are the editors choice of best games, is nothing showing up for everybody?

Apparently, since the credits can't be redeemed until Saturday 1/4, they haven't populated the page yet with the choices - even though they already provided a link to the page in the email.

In other words, all of Amazon's UX people are busy working on that drone delivery.

#9 CyReN

CyReN

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

Got my 4 earlier today.

#10 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:06 AM

These are my favorite kinds of threads; please disregard the sticky Amazon DVG thread that talks all about this! :p

OT, I got 8.

Posted Image

#11 io

io

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:22 AM

These are my favorite kinds of threads; please disregard the sticky Amazon DVG thread that talks all about this! :p

OT, I got 8.

How is this related to the Amazon DVG thread? I haven't bought a game digitally from Amazon in months and I got one.

The order that triggered it for me was a PS+ 12-month code at the end of November.

#12 LoneGhost

LoneGhost

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

How is this related to the Amazon DVG thread? I haven't bought a game digitally from Amazon in months and I got one.

The order that triggered it for me was a PS+ 12-month code at the end of November.

The EC coupons are in direct relation with any purchases from the digital store on Amazon (from early Nov? to 12/31), and thus any purchased codes (PC, Xbox, PS3, Live, PS+, etc) I believe would entitle an account to a $5 dollar coupon off any Editor's Choice games come 1/4.

This is related to the DVG thread because the selection and discussion is largely focused on PC games (or has been in years past).

Hopefully I made this post clear... I'm a little tired.

#13 Esphyrian

Esphyrian

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:00 AM

Got one too. Will probably apply it to MS credit to get some much needed DLC.

#14 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

Sweet, got two of them for buying Aliens: CM for $1.99 and another for TWD: 400 days for $1.49. 

Here's hoping the selection and prices are reasonable to warrant their use, especially since they won't stack for a single purchase. 

#15 io

io

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:09 AM

The EC coupons are in direct relation with any purchases from the digital store on Amazon (from early Nov? to 12/31), and thus any purchased codes (PC, Xbox, PS3, Live, PS+, etc) I believe would entitle an account to a $5 dollar coupon off any Editor's Choice games come 1/4.

This is related to the DVG thread because the selection and discussion is largely focused on PC games (or has been in years past).

Hopefully I made this post clear... I'm a little tired.

Granted - but my point is that it can have its own thread because it can be triggered by something not related to the Amazon DVG PC deals. I wouldn't have see this discussion if it took place solely in that thread since the deals there don't interest me. And yet I got the coupon - so I'll be waiting to see what they come up with. Hopefully it isn't all PC downloads - but I'm guessing that it may very well be. If they throw in some PSN codes, though, that would be nice.

#16 LoneGhost

LoneGhost

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Granted - but my point is that it can have its own thread because it can be triggered by something not related to the Amazon DVG PC deals. I wouldn't have see this discussion if it took place solely in that thread since the deals there don't interest me. And yet I got the coupon - so I'll be waiting to see what they come up with. Hopefully it isn't all PC downloads - but I'm guessing that it may very well be. If they throw in some PSN codes, though, that would be nice.

Gotcha. My apologies, I didn't even think about this thread's existence when I made my post, I was just trying to explain the relationship (and not so much as saying it didn't belong). I agree though, a lot of people who don't follow that smorgasbord of a thread (said with love) won't have any clue what's going on, so I'm all for this thread.

As for the non PC aspect, I can't remember last year so well this morning... and it was only a few days ago, so I'm off to a bad start. Though it would be nice and helpful for many if consoles were included in some capacity. I don't really see why they couldn't what with Amazon's Digital Playstation store and such, but I guess we'll see.

#17 Boosted

Boosted

Trophy Huntin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

Got 4 of these. I know Wario said they won't stack but hopefully they will at least work with Xbox Live Cards or PSN Cards with Digital Delivery.

If I can get 4 $5.00 Xbox Gift cards for free that would be pretty nice. :D

sumderek.png

New List of Games for Sale http://www.cheapassg...-credit-paypal/

#18 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

Gotcha. My apologies, I didn't even think about this thread's existence when I made my post, I was just trying to explain the relationship (and not so much as saying it didn't belong). I agree though, a lot of people who don't follow that smorgasbord of a thread (said with love) won't have any clue what's going on, so I'm all for this thread.

As for the non PC aspect, I can't remember last year so well this morning... and it was only a few days ago, so I'm off to a bad start. Though it would be nice and helpful for many if consoles were included in some capacity. I don't really see why they couldn't what with Amazon's Digital Playstation store and such, but I guess we'll see.

That's actually an interesting aspect to it this year.  Last year Amazon hadn't started selling PSN and XBL stuff through the DVG Department yet.  That happened some time this year.  Given that those purchases count towards the credit, hopefully they plan to add some stuff for those systems into the mix.  So far the prelim list has been all PC games, but it changes throughout the month.

I wouldn't expect any free PSN or XBL credit or for those cards/codes to even be included on the list, but hopefully some games for those systems.  

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#19 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

I got 2 of these in the mail this morning....I probably own all the games going onsale anyway but fingers crossed.

#20 walls99

walls99

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

^^^ So This.

Got 3.

#21 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

That is so ridiculous that they don't stack. I may not even use them since I've only got til the end of this month...

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#22 patsrule316

patsrule316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

I got the e-mail this morning, but it is hard to envision using it, when I have gamers club unlocked.  I figure anything I could buy on amazon, even with the coupon, would be cheaper at BB with 20% off.

#23 miyamotorola

miyamotorola

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

:/ I didn't get nothing yo. Whatever.;9 BestBuy is all I need.

#24 daruler022

daruler022

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

I received a different $5 promo credit when I purchased BF4 digitally on Black Friday. Would be nice if that one stacked with this promo credit.
Success ONLY comes before work in the Dictionary.

#25 jkimrey

jkimrey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

That is so ridiculous that they don't stack. I may not even use them since I've only got til the end of this month...

There are people that have 10+ coupons; they were sent to anyone who made digital game purchases of ANY amount.

So you could have purchased 10 $1 games/DLC and received $50 in coupons.

Do you really think Amazon should allow them to stack, so you could end up getting a $50 game for $10?   Multiply that times the actual number of coupons - I know some people have many more than 10.

:)

#26 ARS2x

ARS2x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

Does anyone know how long Mass Effect Trilogy and Walking Dead will be on sale?  Do these qualify for the best of 2013 promotion?

#27 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Uh yes, that's pretty much Amazon's fault for designing the promo poorly then, they probably shouldn't be giving $5 credits if you aren't even spending $5. Also the credit applies to a very limited selection of digital only titles, most of which people probably already own. I could see your argument if it was $5 towards anything but it's very limited what you can even use it on in the first place. I see a lot of these credits not even being used...

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#28 kratos316

kratos316

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:45 PM

I got 2 this morning. Hope I can use them on either The Last of Us season pass or Left Behind DLC.

#29 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

Got one for buying a $5 Xbox gift card.  That's probably all I'd buy with this credit, otherwise it'll likely go to waste.

"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#30 gooflee

gooflee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

Uh yes, that's pretty much Amazon's fault for designing the promo poorly then, they probably shouldn't be giving $5 credits if you aren't even spending $5. Also the credit applies to a very limited selection of digital only titles, most of which people probably already own. I could see your argument if it was $5 towards anything but it's very limited what you can even use it on in the first place. I see a lot of these credits not even being used...

It is funny how people complain about deals.  I got my $5 codes from their already crazily discounted digital sales, so this is just icing on the cake.  I am surprised people comparing this deal to BB unlocked.  Unlocked requires a subscription fee so it is apple and oranges.