Importing Japanese Vita Games, In English?

dcm1602

CAGiversary!
I recently decided to buy a playstation vita, and am relatively disappointed by the extreme lack of rpgs on the console. Kind of expected it to be an rpg powerhouse, when its basically the opposite. 

Im considering importing some japanese vita games (from playasia I guess?) as I read that vitas arent regionalized and you can play most Japanese vita games. 

The one thing I havent found though, is any resources to find out/discuss what vita games from japan offer an english language option. I read that a good chunk of Japanese games offer english in either text/voice/subtitles, but I havent figured out a good way to find out which do/dont

Does anyone know of any good resources/guides to help me import Japanese vita games that have english support?

Really dont wanna end up buying an RPG (where text/language is quite important) and not be able to understand anything whatsoever.

Any tips/advice/etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

You must have read it wrong as very few games have English text and subtitle.  Only game I am aware is Dokuro but that is also available on PSN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you hear that?  Most Japanese games at most have english menus but that is about as far as it gets.  Some Asia versions could have english text but that is far and few. 

There are a decent chunk of JRPGs coming early this year so you are going to have to wait for those since you don't know Japanese.

Read it on some blog when I was trying to research the subject.

More im looking into it, it sounds wrong though.

Stupid blog said "japanese is a dying language, and many of their games at least partially have english support"

but everything else im finding says they only have english if theyre being localized in english anyway.

Read it on some blog when I was trying to research the subject.

More im looking into it, it sounds wrong though.

Stupid blog said "japanese is a dying language, and many of their games at least partially have english support"

but everything else im finding says they only have english if theyre being localized in english anyway.
Lol is that blog serious. It wouldn't make sense to translate a game to english when selling only to Japan. Even a lot of Asian games don't have their language support even though it is sold there. I bought a lot of Korean versions that only had the manual and cover Korean while the whole game was in Japanese. The only partially english support is the menu and some other small stuff. Also even if it is being localized doesn't mean they will have english. FFX HD, Demon Gaze, Danganronpa, socery Saga Curse of the curry god, etc because most of the translations are done by the US divisions.

I'd say try learning a bit of Japanese as there a so many good jrpgs out in Japan that will never get translated.

Like pancakes said there is a good amount of RPGs coming in the next few months. I'm looking forward to this personally.

Not many Import games have English.
If you read the comments on Play-Asia to get an idea of English content.

You can forget about RPGs having English though.

Why don't you just buy PSP games from psn store.

bread's done
Back