Turtle Beach Ear Force Marvel Seven Gaming Headset - $99.99 - Deal of the Day!

R3DNate

CAGiversary!
These were on sale for the exact same price on Black Friday, but I bought the Astro A50s instead for $225. So now I have some reward zone points ($100+ worth). I'm going to use about half of this,e on this. The normal price for these is $200 at bestbuy. Sale price is $99.99. Use those reward zone points people! I've heard nothing but good things for these.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ear-force-marvel-seven-gaming-headset-for-xbox-360-playstation-3-windows-and-mac/1723332.p?id=1219061402690&skuId=1723332&st=1723332&cp=1&lp=1

Last edited by a moderator:
These are good headsets but wired. I have a pair and they sound really really nice.  I think $100 is too much for a corded headset however.  They sound about on par with my old turtle beach x-1's but are 3 times the price.  In fact i use my old tb's over these because they fit my head better and are better built.

If you have nothing these are good but pricey.  If you already have a good set i'd skip on these.

These work on analog so you need rca jack's or aux out headphone jack's.  No hdmi or optical inputs. I'm not familiar with the newer systems but i dont think they would hook up very easily to either one.  You would probably have to run it out of your tv.

I picked these up around Black Friday and can say that they do work with XB1 & PS4. However the XB1 requires the Kinect for voice until the adapter comes out and you'll probably need a longer cable for use with the PS4, the included cable is rather short. I'm using these with a DSS so they're phenomenal, I honestly found the audio quality to surpass the XP510's or any of the other top tier turtle beaches for $100 I'd say it's a steal...

How good is this headset? Does it work with the PS4 and Xbox One?
All the reviews on amazon and Best Buy are really good for this model. It works with ps4 and xbox one. I think for the ps4 that you just plug it into the controller, but I haven't gotten them yet to test it out.

For those of you interested in this deal, keep in mind that you can get a decent pair of wireless headphones for a similar price if you watch for sales and/or if you are willing to get used or refurbished.  Also, items like the Sony Pulse or Pulse Elite are normally less than $100 and are a good wireless value if you are not doing Xbox gaming.  

PS4 provides the best use case for these since these can be plugged into a controller with no other hookup needed (I believe).  Otherwise, I would have a hard time spending $100 on something that will have extra wires in the way.

I realize everyone has different preferences and use cases for headphones and I may be more averse to wires than other people.

Relatedly, does that 3.5mm output jack on the back of the Xbox one not doing anything? I thought it was an audio out but it doesn't seem to produce any signal.

Thanks!
Wow. I didn't even realize there is one there. I can't imagine what else it would be for except a mic? That seems pretty unlikely. I guess that's another update on their long list for the future...

IIRC that's for an IR blaster, not a headset.
6C7512066-xbox-one-back-ports.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Yes it's IR...

its either dolby or surround. or surround and dolby.  or dolby surround. its probably surround dolby.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back