Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" get min 25$

• Please log in to reply
649 replies to this topic

#1 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

I've been watching this promotion for a day or two waiting to see what items qualified for trade

http://www.radioshac..._content=HMPGA1

Trade in 1 qualifying item, get $5 gift card
Trade in 2 qualifying items, get $10 gift card
Trade in 3 qualifying items, get a $15 gift card
Trade in 4 qualifying items, get a $20 gift card
Trade in 5 qualifying items, get a $25 gift card

RULES:
1) Item must be in working condition
2) Customer must present drivers license and store must participate in RadioShack trade and save program
3) Customer must process all applicable trades at one time. Customers cannot trade in one device at store A and then trade in three additional devices at store B.
4) Customers will receive credit off their purchase or a RadioShack gift card, whichever they device.
5) Customers cannot process over five items per drivers license(Not sure how we are tracking that?)

Folks on Fatwallet have been reporting trading all sorts of junk, the easiest being random old headsets. What just caught my eye is the fact it includes video games, so let the games begin.

Apparently not all RadioShacks are participating so make sure to use the store finder on this page

http://www.radioshac...Q2f7xCM6yK1g4Q=

pdf link of the promotion taken from what looks like screen shots of IE

https://drive.google...dit?usp=sharing

Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#2 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

Wonder if they'll take five America's Test Kitchen games?

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#3 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:32 PM

this reminds me of the deal that Target had going on last year where you can dump any old PS3, gamecube, and older gen games for a $20 coupon

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#4 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Great, I'll make sure to bring in my Sony PSP Vita games!

#5 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

Is the whole FAQ just an image? They make it look like you can click and expand on the questions but it ain't working. 

#6 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

Is the whole FAQ just an image? They make it look like you can click and expand on the questions but it ain't working. 

I was wondering the same thing.  So it is.

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

EldritchOnRye.png

#7 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

this reminds me of the deal that Target had going on last year where you can dump any old PS3, gamecube, and older gen games for a $20 coupon

I think those same people do the Radioshack trade-ins.  At least that's what the employees taking the trades told me.

#8 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

I added a pdf I ripped from another site of the promotion as seen by radio shack folks

Posted Image

#9 MooseTheCorgi

MooseTheCorgi

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

I got a Golden Compass Wii, ATK and Truth or Lies just begging to be taken by RadioShack. Tyvm for the post OP.

Taking a break from gaming and on a major CAG hiatus.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#10 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

funny enough, that was actually run by Radio Shack, remember how you had to do it at their cell phone kiosks? Those are operated by Radio Shack.

mgs.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#11 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

Says they take games... So if they do... that would mean I have like $100 worth of americas test kitchen XD
Anyone up for being banned from radio shack trade ins? XD

#12 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

Do they sell $25 XBL cards?  It seems like the $25 needs to be applied to a purchase immediately from reading the site.

EDIT: according to that PDF it appears that the system blocks your drivers license from doing any more trades for the promotion after the first.

#13 MooseTheCorgi

MooseTheCorgi

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:46 PM

Do they sell $25 XBL cards?  It seems like the $25 needs to be applied to a purchase immediately from reading the site.

I didn't even think of that. This may be a great way to flip games to radio shack for PSN credit.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#14 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:47 PM

This is interesting to dump off cheap games laying around... but I never shop at Radio Shack to begin with. Most of their stuff is overpriced and really doesn't interest me. So the question is cheap games laying around... or... $25 Radioshack giftcard laying around. Both will collect dust all the same...

"I am bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me." ― The Bad-Anon creed

#15 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

Folks in the FW thread say they are given a gift card, so the reality seems to be the purchase does not have to be made in same transaction.

Posted Image

#16 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

I didn't even think of that. This may be a great way to flip games to radio shack for PSN credit.

I bet they have kindle cards. lol

And it may be attached to D/L or ID, so Husband / Wife / Kid then repeat with Passports :)

Posted Image

#17 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

Folks in the FW thread say they are given a gift card, so the reality seems to be the purchase does not have to be made in same transaction.

Yeah, it says in the promo off purchase or GC.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png

#18 audealan

audealan

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

I think in the conditions it says "Instant trade-in credit cannot be redeemed toward the purchase of gift/entertainment/airtime cards and cannot be combined with coupons or other offers."

#19 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

I think in the conditions it says "Instant trade-in credit cannot be redeemed toward the purchase of gift/entertainment/airtime cards and cannot be combined with coupons or other offers."

So get it put on a GC.  It's no longer "instant trade-in credit" :P

#20 KudosConan

KudosConan

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

Aww none are near me, i wad planning on buying a micro sd card and usb drive for school and my phone... oh well, i guess ill just bring five electronics when ever i travel :(

#21 MooseTheCorgi

MooseTheCorgi

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

I bet they have kindle cards. lol

And it may be attached to D/L or ID, so Husband / Wife / Kid then repeat with Passports :)

Amen to that! I was already thinking of how many different ways I could do this and who I could get to help me out. This definitely has potential. Not to mention my local Gamestop employees will love me getting rid their $0.99 stock.

#22 mattysaurus

mattysaurus

Shipping kills it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

I have a ton of PS2 games I got from yardsales that are just dying to take advantage of this deal.

#23 Helldweller87

Helldweller87

Mandalorian

• CAG in Training

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

I wonder if the games have to be in cases or not to trade in?  If not i could see going to game stop to buy up cheap PS2 games that are 75% off right now and just flip them to radioshack.

"Why should I be content to lead one nation, when I can control the whole world, 'Mr. President?"  Yuri : RA2

83a8d8f888bf264af86af545ce0d3d2e5492886.

578461.png

#24 chickenbutt

chickenbutt

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

I'm confused how this works. Is it anything that you can trade in or are there specific things? What's stopping me from buying 100 99 cent games at Game Stop and trading them in for $5 each? I have a Game Stop and Radio Shack right next to each other.

#25 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

I have a ton of PS2 games I got from yardsales that are just dying to take advantage of this deal.

Quick go try those!  If that works GS has PS2 games for 75% off last I checked.

I'm confused how this works. Is it anything that you can trade in or are there specific things? What's stopping me from buying 100 99 cent games at Game Stop and trading them in for $5 each? I have a Game Stop and Radio Shack right next to each other.

Well it's limiting it to one promo (five items) per license, but someone needs to go try it with stuff like that so we can find out.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png

#26 audealan

audealan

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

So get it put on a GC.  It's no longer "instant trade-in credit" :P

I've never traded in anything at Radio Shack before, but they can easily have unique GC's for trade-ins that have their own special properties like the "store credit GC's" from Best Buy which are tax exempt.

Honestly, I hope you're right since this would make this a great deal; but I haven't seen any successful reports of converting it to any psn/xbox/kindle yet.

#27 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:11 PM

I've never traded in anything at Radio Shack before, but they can easily have unique GC's for trade-ins that have their own special properties like the "store credit GC's" from Best Buy which are tax exempt.

Honestly, I hope you're right since this would make this a great deal; but I haven't seen any successful reports of converting it to any psn/xbox/kindle yet.

I haven't seen any reports of people trading in at all. (on here or FW)

#28 MooseTheCorgi

MooseTheCorgi

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

I actually traded in to Radio Shack awhile ago and bought PSN credit. I don't even remember what it was that I traded in, but I know that the trade in value for whatever I was trading was higher than other places. 

#29 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

I haven't seen any reports of people trading in at all. (on here or FW)

Deal originated from SD, it was posted by a radioshack employee. I was going to do this deal but then held off. Don't think a $25 gift card is worth having my driver's license info stored by radioshack (probably with crap encryption).

#30 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

Deal originated from SD, it was posted by a radioshack employee. I was going to do this deal but then held off. Don't think a $25 gift card is worth having my driver's license stored by radioshack (probably with crap encryption).

I'm sure BBY or GS or someone else has already lost it at some point anyhow.

Currently Playing:

EldritchOnRye.png