Radioshack Trade 5 "electronic devices" get min 25$

stoned99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
128 (100%)
I've been watching this promotion for a day or two waiting to see what items qualified for trade

http://www.radioshack.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=24767316&utm_campaign=Bigger_Better_Event&utm_medium=RSCOM&utm_source=HMPG&utm_content=HMPGA1

Trade in 1 qualifying item, get $5 gift card
Trade in 2 qualifying items, get $10 gift card
Trade in 3 qualifying items, get a $15 gift card
Trade in 4 qualifying items, get a $20 gift card
Trade in 5 qualifying items, get a $25 gift card

RULES:
1) Item must be in working condition
2) Customer must present drivers license and store must participate in RadioShack trade and save program
3) Customer must process all applicable trades at one time. Customers cannot trade in one device at store A and then trade in three additional devices at store B.
4) Customers will receive credit off their purchase or a RadioShack gift card, whichever they device.
5) Customers cannot process over five items per drivers license(Not sure how we are tracking that?)

Folks on Fatwallet have been reporting trading all sorts of junk, the easiest being random old headsets. What just caught my eye is the fact it includes video games, so let the games begin.

Apparently not all RadioShacks are participating so make sure to use the store finder on this page

http://www.radioshacktradeandsave.com/online/home/index.rails?enc=MEQZVP0ui+5eEOTewsoVjAEajFfsb5NjSFklWIryrbEvHjnaPiuIIEFkh2t5fcFoGYvsiNNfovyUhX6I/DbcD2UKX1TN40wI1Cc5SErlro6rqVCOwaQ1fnz6JvvQxI3hecVZOQeuUtlziJrZgtL29gtrYkCv4Q2f7xCM6yK1g4Q=

pdf link of the promotion taken from what looks like screen shots of IE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5-rGI2xT8n_MVlERVBoS19yam8/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
this reminds me of the deal that Target had going on last year where you can dump any old PS3, gamecube, and older gen games for a $20 coupon

this reminds me of the deal that Target had going on last year where you can dump any old PS3, gamecube, and older gen games for a $20 coupon
I think those same people do the Radioshack trade-ins. At least that's what the employees taking the trades told me.

funny enough, that was actually run by Radio Shack, remember how you had to do it at their cell phone kiosks? Those are operated by Radio Shack.

Says they take games... So if they do... that would mean I have like $100 worth of americas test kitchen XD
Anyone up for being banned from radio shack trade ins? XD

Do they sell $25 XBL cards?  It seems like the $25 needs to be applied to a purchase immediately from reading the site.

EDIT: according to that PDF it appears that the system blocks your drivers license from doing any more trades for the promotion after the first.

This is interesting to dump off cheap games laying around... but I never shop at Radio Shack to begin with. Most of their stuff is overpriced and really doesn't interest me. So the question is cheap games laying around... or... $25 Radioshack giftcard laying around. Both will collect dust all the same...

Folks in the FW thread say they are given a gift card, so the reality seems to be the purchase does not have to be made in same transaction.

I think in the conditions it says "Instant trade-in credit cannot be redeemed toward the purchase of gift/entertainment/airtime cards and cannot be combined with coupons or other offers."

I think in the conditions it says "Instant trade-in credit cannot be redeemed toward the purchase of gift/entertainment/airtime cards and cannot be combined with coupons or other offers."
So get it put on a GC. It's no longer "instant trade-in credit" :p

Aww none are near me, i wad planning on buying a micro sd card and usb drive for school and my phone... oh well, i guess ill just bring five electronics when ever i travel :(

I bet they have kindle cards. lol

And it may be attached to D/L or ID, so Husband / Wife / Kid then repeat with Passports :)
Amen to that! I was already thinking of how many different ways I could do this and who I could get to help me out. This definitely has potential. Not to mention my local Gamestop employees will love me getting rid their $0.99 stock.

I wonder if the games have to be in cases or not to trade in?  If not i could see going to game stop to buy up cheap PS2 games that are 75% off right now and just flip them to radioshack.

I'm confused how this works. Is it anything that you can trade in or are there specific things? What's stopping me from buying 100 99 cent games at Game Stop and trading them in for $5 each? I have a Game Stop and Radio Shack right next to each other.

I have a ton of PS2 games I got from yardsales that are just dying to take advantage of this deal.
Quick go try those! If that works GS has PS2 games for 75% off last I checked.

I'm confused how this works. Is it anything that you can trade in or are there specific things? What's stopping me from buying 100 99 cent games at Game Stop and trading them in for $5 each? I have a Game Stop and Radio Shack right next to each other.

Well it's limiting it to one promo (five items) per license, but someone needs to go try it with stuff like that so we can find out.

So get it put on a GC. It's no longer "instant trade-in credit" :p
I've never traded in anything at Radio Shack before, but they can easily have unique GC's for trade-ins that have their own special properties like the "store credit GC's" from Best Buy which are tax exempt.

Honestly, I hope you're right since this would make this a great deal; but I haven't seen any successful reports of converting it to any psn/xbox/kindle yet.

I've never traded in anything at Radio Shack before, but they can easily have unique GC's for trade-ins that have their own special properties like the "store credit GC's" from Best Buy which are tax exempt.

Honestly, I hope you're right since this would make this a great deal; but I haven't seen any successful reports of converting it to any psn/xbox/kindle yet.
I haven't seen any reports of people trading in at all. (on here or FW)

I actually traded in to Radio Shack awhile ago and bought PSN credit. I don't even remember what it was that I traded in, but I know that the trade in value for whatever I was trading was higher than other places. 

I haven't seen any reports of people trading in at all. (on here or FW)
Deal originated from SD, it was posted by a radioshack employee. I was going to do this deal but then held off. Don't think a $25 gift card is worth having my driver's license info stored by radioshack (probably with crap encryption).

Deal originated from SD, it was posted by a radioshack employee. I was going to do this deal but then held off. Don't think a $25 gift card is worth having my driver's license stored by radioshack (probably with crap encryption).
I'm sure BBY or GS or someone else has already lost it at some point anyhow.

Also, if you guys check out the list of games that they accept for trade in on the site, you'd be better off trading them to Best Buy or Amazon. I think we have to wait until someone tries out a game that's not listed to see if they'll even accept it.

I'm waiting to see the details at this point. Hoping I can trade in some of my cheapo games for credit and maybe get other people to do more for me so I can get a Wii U :)

I'm not sure the list on the website is truly what they only take. Looks like a cherry picked selection from the company that handles trade ins for Target too.

Don't confuse the regular trade in process with this one. It requires them to go to a different trade in page which only requires them to specify the class of item being traded in. The pdf describes the detail pretty well, and it is being successfully done per the FW thread I was reviewing. I will most likely try this on the way home tonight as the only store in my area is sort of on my way home. I wouldn't bother buying anything to flip as your allowed 5 items total in a single transaction, so old xbox headsets will suffice if you're struggling for stuff to dump.

YMMV trade in items aren't as listed, it depends on staff discretion. My store took my old cell phones, but would not take any video games even though they were listed as acceptable items.

FYI the trade in signing process is long, about 10 - 20ft of receipts and 5-6 signatures 6 times.

Before you go out car shopping.

READ the details

1x per person per DL (DL required)

up to 5 items  - only $25 tops during the promo (ends 2/28)

Many stores are uninformed best to call first.

Promo details both consumer and staff state video games are included.

All items are generic (does not list certain video games, headphones, etc)

Suppose to be in working order so if you bring in an older phone,,,charge it, so that it will turn on...

this is probably best suited for the "Shopping Deals" area... mods?

Be aware that this deal explicitly excludes all stores in the state of Florida. I just found that out the hard way.  :bomb: 

Be aware that this deal explicitly excludes all stores in the state of Florida. I just found that out the hard way. :bomb:
r0AYH.gif

Be aware that this deal explicitly excludes all stores in the state of Florida. I just found that out the hard way. :bomb:
Is there anything on the website that states this because I cannot find it. I just went through all my old headphones and found 13 things to trade in and I am sure I can find two more. I was going to ask my parents to trade in a set of 5 for me for $75 total, but if it is written it excludes Florida...there goes that idea.

Is there anything on the website that states this because I cannot find it. I just went through all my old headphones and found 13 things to trade in and I am sure I can find two more. I was going to ask my parents to trade in a set of 5 for me for $75 total, but if it is written it excludes Florida...there goes that idea.
In the memo that was posted online, it explicitly shows the exclusion of Florida.

Here's a link to the screenshot of the memo from SD:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2477200&d=1388897274

In the memo that was posted online, it explicitly shows the exclusion of Florida.

Here's a link to the screenshot of the memo from SD:

http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2477200&d=1388897274
That is messed up. On the website it needs to state that! No where can it be seen there. So they are getting people into the store and then denying them because of a memo that customers are not aware of. Overall I am very ticked about that. If the website stated *Not Valid in Florida I would have been fine.

EDIT: Must watch about this offer/program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7PyG2lSFNw

bread's done
Back