Gamestop price drops - Xenoblade - 59.99 and Metroid Prime Trilogy - 49.99

cyko

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
I know some people won't consider this a deal at all, but Gamestop seems to have dropped the prices on Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy - 

Metroid Prime Trilogy - 49.99 -  http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/metroid-prime-trilogy/74982

Xenoblade - 59.99 - http://www.gamestop.com/wii/games/xenoblade-chronicles-gamestop-exclusive/98535

I saw the prices changed on both cases in store yesterday and online today, so the change appears to be permanent (at least until the next drop). It's not as good as the Black Friday deal, but a price drop is a price drop. Resellers - sell your copies now before values drop again!

I wonder if this sells for cheaper anytime I can't get myself to pay full retail price for a used game that a brand new sealed game usually costs ...seems kinda ridiculous. .

Hm.. Might have to get a copy of Xenoblade. I can use a birthday coupon for 20% off, then my PUR Pro to knock another 10% and get it for $42 + tax

Also does anyone know the quality of the used disc ...I heard they reprinted xenoblade so it should be good right

Also does anyone know the quality of the used disc ...I heard they reprinted xenoblade so it should be good right
Virtually all copies of both games will be perfect. Gamestop basically just pulled the shrinkwrap off and sold them as used. I picked up a few on Black Friday and they were all perfect. Basically, if the case doesn't look beat up, the disc should be new.

I got Xenoblade and Metroid Prime Trilogy on Black Friday, and they all looked like they were actually new. The discs were perfect, and the only "problem" with them was slight wear on the cases/manuals that was assumedly done by Gamestop themselves.

Errrrrr, the price had dropped down to $60 and $50 for a while now, if anything wait for one of the frequent b2g1 on preowned wii games.

But yeah they literally reprinted the two games, so they ARE new, but gamestop doesn't wanna SELL THEM as new, because they would have to sell them at the "new" price. Instead they decided to sell them as used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weren't both $40 during BF? Given that they were reprinted, even $40 seems like too much for these games, but in terms of value, both games are worth it. 

I wonder if this sells for cheaper anytime I can't get myself to pay full retail price for a used game that a brand new sealed game usually costs ...seems kinda ridiculous. .
Xenoblade was $40 during the Black Friday that just passed but honestly I've lost all interest in the game and don't care about it anymore.

Gamestop is EVIL.  Xenoblade is GS exclusive they do whatever they wanted.  Possible they will re-printed again & sale new copy for $39.99 pissed off all the Pre-owned customers, lol  

Xenoblade is new. Gamestop has printing rights to the game, they order them in batches and sell them as "used". They've regulated the rarity of the game since after its initial release.

Yeah, gamestop is a shit company. They should get popped for this. They are literally selling them "used" so everyone that should get their cut doesn't, and they can pocket the entire 60+ dollars themselves.

If you make a deal with the devil, you're going to get burned.

Should have been a wide release.  Instead it took a mountain of blood sweat and tears for Nintendo to bring the game stateside at all, in a limited release.  Back when the Wii had NOTHING worth picking up in the twilight of it's release schedule.

Seriously why are you guys even supporting Gamestop with these?  Just download the ROMs and play it with Dolphin.  If there was a way to download it from the Nintendo shop I'd gladly pay but there's no way in hell I'm giving Gamestop a full $60 for these.

fuck them.

So glad they were running both the Black Friday $39.99 prices plus the Buy 2 Get 1 free deal at the same time. Had both of these shipped for $23.99 + tax each after PUR. Complete and everything was in mint condition. Only Xenoblade had a CN code though. And still bummed that MPT was reprinted in without the Steelbook and extras. Oh well.

Seriously why are you guys even supporting Gamestop with these? *Piracy Comment Here* If there was a way to download it from the Nintendo shop I'd gladly pay but there's no way in hell I'm giving Gamestop a full $60 for these.

fuck them.
Well, besides your obvious support for piracy, I agree. That is why we use the birthday coupon on such things to bring it down to more realistic prices.

It's an engrossing game (Xenoblade), and well worth the price. However, I refuse to pay Gamestop that price because of what they did. fuck them.

[quote name="Taneerian" post="11427451" timestamp="1389196095"]I was thinking about jumping on Metroid until I read that these may not have the steelbook. Is that true?[/quote] yes, at least in my area

[quote name="Taneerian" post="11427469" timestamp="1389196403"]Huh...that's a bummer.[/quote] yeah, I have the birthday coupon plus a $10 off coupon but I don't think is worth it even after all those discounts since its just the game, case and manual.

Yep just picked up my brand new unsealed copy at gamestop :p used the birthday coupon and got it for 47 dollars ...not bad as a rental i guess .since the resale value will at least get my money back...ill play it eventually due to my massive backlog..i doubt this game will get cheaper if it was 39.99 on black friday.. 7 more dollars isnt a big deal. I know its a crappy move on gamestops part but there isnt another way to get this game for cheaper used or new..so if you want the game this is the best price currently..probably for a while..and at least its new right :)..mine even had the nintendo code in it lol..they had 2 old ones on the shelf dusty boxes etc..and so I asked the employee do u guys have other ones that are in a little better condition then these two or are these ur last 2? hes like uhh i think we have another here let me check...in my head I was like "sure you do" dont act like you dont...haha he pulls out a brand new one ..well technically used cuz its not sealed but you know what I mean :)..

bread's done
Back