Target Repackaged 3DS Holiday Bundles - Tetris Axis, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars, Shinobi @9.99 each

oper00

CAGiversary!
These were clearanced games that got pulled for the holidays that got repackaged with a collectable stylus that got a new UPC stickered over the original barcodes. They were 19.99 but they are being marked and sold for 9.99 for a limited time.

I grabbed a copy of Tetris Axis since I missed the clearance price over the summer.

That's a great deal for Shadow Wars if it's everywhere.  I've heard good things about Shinobi as well so maybe I'll stop there tomorrow.

I saw these too at my local target in VA. Thought about posting it but slipped my mind last night, nor did I have a picture. Good deals. I think my target only had one shinobi, one tetris, and two of the shadow wars. I think there was also one for the lego harry potter, but sadly I passed. I already have tetris and shinobi, and don't know too much about shadow wars. Wishing I would have picked it up now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have tetris and shinobi, and don't know too much about shadow wars. Wishing I would have picked it up now.
It's like X-COM (turn based strategy and produced by the co-creator of X-COM) but in Ghost Recon clothing. One of those that really flew under the radar because you assume it's just another terrible handheld port of a console game.

As always, Target clearance is YMMV, please note that in the title.
The OP is saying these items are repackaged former clearance items, not currently on clearance, and that they are on sale for a limited time. I know the games he is referring to - all Targets I've been to have them in the repackage with the stylus, I just wasn't aware they were currently on sale for $9.99.

The OP is saying these items are repackaged former clearance items, not currently on clearance, and that they are on sale for a limited time. I know the games he is referring to - all Targets I've been to have them in the repackage with the stylus, I just wasn't aware they were currently on sale for $9.99.
I'm not 100% confident that ALL Targets had these over the holidays. I never noticed these in my store (Sioux Falls, SD) and was just in the gaming section scouring the new 3DS and PS3 clearance/overflow items this morning and did not see any, either. Perhaps this is somewhat a regional trend - who knows?

*wipes egg off face* My mistake, sorry.

I'm not 100% confident that ALL Targets had these over the holidays. I never noticed these in my store (Sioux Falls, SD) and was just in the gaming section scouring the new 3DS and PS3 clearance/overflow items this morning and did not see any, either. Perhaps this is somewhat a regional trend - who knows?
Actually I saw these well before December, like last Spring or earlier. And they occasionally go on sale - last time I remembered it being for $14.99. And like the person above me said, just check the bottom of the 3DS aise, and I've also seen them at the bottom of the Wii aisle and on an endcap.

Where are these located at in-store?
I found them at mine back in electronics, on one of the endcaps facing the wall (where they usually have demo consoles set up). They were on the bottom of the endcap, almost hidden.

Actually I saw these well before December, like last Spring or earlier. And they occasionally go on sale - last time I remembered it being for $14.99. And like the person above me said, just check the bottom of the 3DS aise, and I've also seen them at the bottom of the Wii aisle and on an endcap.
Given the age of the titles in the OP, I would believe that these repackages have been around for a while. However, I can say with certainty that they have not been available at either of the Target stores in my city (both of which get significant traffic, given the next-closest stores in the region) in recent memory. I do seem to recall seeing some Shinobi + stylus combos sometime in late 2012 or early 2013, but it was limited to just that title and they are long since gone.

All 3 were in the main aisle case with the rest of the 3DS games at my target. Thanks OP.

Does anyone know which game has the Yoshi stylus?

Thanks OP, grabbed a copy of Tetris. I never saw these bundles during the holidays, and now the endcap is full of them. If they go on clearance I might just get Shinobi as well.

Thanks OP, picked up the three games mentioned, would've never known they were on sale, no signs or markings of any kind. My store had several other games, nothing of note.  

Might be worth noting that the styluses are Mario themed or at least they were at the store i was in. I got Mario, Luigi, and Peach. Didn't see Yoshi or i would have probably got him too!

I saw the Shinobi w/ stylus package a few weeks ago for $20...it would be $10 now right? I would think they would sell them for $10 until they sell out hmm

These have been around for a while, but I did grab the Tetris, GR, and Shinobi bundles from my Target a few weeks ago. Haven't played any of the games but my 3ds is starting to get a bad backlog of its own

Where are these located at in-store?
Clearance games usually located at the extreme end of the video game section adjacent to the 3DS section/Vita handheld games where they have pc games, game guides, budget software. This is the typical layout of stores at least in Texas. Sometimes the clearance stuff is at the end of the aisle(s).

Clearance games usually located at the extreme end of the video game section adjacent to the 3DS section/Vita handheld games where they have pc games, game guides, budget software. This is the typical layout of stores at least in Texas. Sometimes the clearance stuff is at the end of the aisle(s).
These are temporary price cuts though, and not clearance.

I've seen these bundles mainly on the bottom shelf below the 3DS games. Sometimes they are on endcaps, again on the bottom shelf.

Hmm I spot a Tetris and Ghost Recon at my store, but I want Shinobi. I'll probably just look for it at Big Lots. Are the other 2 games worth it for $10? I've been trying to build a strong library for my 3DS but I don't want to start adding shitty games if I don't need to.

Hmm I spot a Tetris and Ghost Recon at my store, but I want Shinobi. I'll probably just look for it at Big Lots. Are the other 2 games worth it for $10? I've been trying to build a strong library for my 3DS but I don't want to start adding shitty games if I don't need to.
Assuming it's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars you're talking about, I've only ever heard good things about it. It's supposed to be a strategy/tactics game, and the designer was the same guy who worked on the original X-COM game. Can't provide any first-hand opinions as mine is still in the backlog, but the positive word-of-mouth made me buy it for later.

Do it. Shadow wars was my first 3ds game and loved it, an I just got a 3ds like a month ago...an my backlog for that is at like 15 now at least thanks to best buy. Oh and the peach stylus comes in a ds game, like something pink or nintendogs or some girly ds game. Have not spotted the yoshi tho...

Do it. Shadow wars was my first 3ds game and loved it, an I just got a 3ds like a month ago...an my backlog for that is at like 15 now at least thanks to best buy. Oh and the peach stylus comes in a ds game, like something pink or nintendogs or some girly ds game. Have not spotted the yoshi tho...
Not from what I've seen. My target had the peach stylus with Tetris Axis only in several packages.

Not from what I've seen. My target had the peach stylus with Tetris Axis only in several packages.
Oh, well that sucks for me. I'm trying to collect them all, and the Tetris that I saw only came with Mario, the Shadow Wars only came with Mario, and the Shinobi came with the Luigi.

I checked Target today and they had Shinobi w/ the stylus and GR w/ the stylus but they were priced $19.99 (even when I had it price checked) damn!

Thanks OP

Bought Shinobi today with the Luigi stylus. The Target cashier (older woman who must be in her late 50's) freaked out and said she loved the stylus and said she was going to buy some of these $9.99 bundles after work. It reminded me so much of the Target Lady sketch on SNL with Kristen Wiig. I honestly wasn't sure if she was going finish with my order or run to the back of the electronics section. :p

I'm seriously tempted to buy Disney's UP for Nintendo DS just to get a Mario stylus. Can anyone sell me on this game? I can't seem to find a detailed review online. I love the movie UP, so there's that. Too bad I already have Ghost Recon and Tetris. Everything rang up $9.99 at my Target today BTW.

It's a movie tie-in and that there's no info online, says all you need to know if you want to know if it's any good.

Jealous, there were tons at all the stores around me but they were all gone. Really wanted Shinobi with Luigi. :p
LOL. That's what I thought. I watched the Classic Game Room review of Up for the Wii, which was pretty funny (the game looks so bad). I can only assume the DS version is worse. I'd pay at least $3 or $4 bucks for that red Luigi stylus alone, but I'm not sure if I can find a game worth $6 or $7 that I don't already have.

I don't even bother with Target anymore. The stores near me NEVER have any things on clearance in the gaming dept.

Every Target I've been to since christmas has had no clearance games. It's a very sad state of affairs. Plenty of scented candles marked down everywhere, though, but they're not as fun.

To the people who bought the bundles, were they resealed with UPC stickers under the seals over the original UPCs? I have one of each bundle at my Target but they all have UPC stickers over them that I think causes them to scan as $19.99

To the people who bought the bundles, were they resealed with UPC stickers under the seals over the original UPCs? I have one of each bundle at my Target but they all have UPC stickers over them that I think causes them to scan as $19.99
Keep in mind those new UPC stickers might be for the bundle itself. The game+stylus is probably its own separate item number from just the game, and typically bundles will have a different UPC sticker than the regular, individual item.

My understanding was the $10 deal was a sale that ended a week or two ago. The $20 price is regular price.

bread's done
Back