Injustice: Gods Among Us Battle Edition with Fight Stick for $59.99 at Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:02 AM

PS3 - http://www.gamestop....lsML7IgLRvih79A

Xbox360 - http://www.gamestop....t_My8UEp2Ghmmpg

I just got the last one here. Might be selling it here. You guys know if the FightStick can be used on PC?

EDIT

$5 Coupon code: NEWYEAR

#2 ECM

ECM

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

I got the PS3 version the last time this went up for this price in December, and it's a good deal on a solid--if unremarkable*--stick.

(And, yes, the PS3 stick works on PC.)

*The blue LEDs are, however, a nice touch.

#3 EvilMakiPR

EvilMakiPR

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

I got the PS3 version the last time this went up for this price in December, and it's a good deal on a solid--if unremarkable*--stick.

(And, yes, the PS3 stick works on PC.)

*The blue LEDs are, however, a nice touch.

Thanks

#4 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:47 AM

thanks OP, may pick this up if its available after the weekend (not driving that far unless its work related).

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#5 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

how does this fightstick compare to the street fighter IV tournament edition?

is it also made by mad catz?

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#6 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:52 AM

If it ever hit 50$ or below I could probably get myself to bite, but I already have the GOTY for PS3/PS4.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:10 AM

Oh man a store on the tracker carries it! Sadly I have no time to get it this week. I hope it's there later.

#8 airco

airco

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

how does this fightstick compare to the street fighter IV tournament edition?

is it also made by mad catz?

It's made by Eightarc, the company that makes the Qanba line. However, Qanbas are notable for the Q4 series, which are dual modded and have Sanwa parts (read: good stuff, also found in Madcatz TEs), whereas the Injustice stick works on only one console and uses Qanba levers and buttons as found in their non-Q4 sticks. I've used a Q2 Glow before, and while the parts weren't terrible (I could still do combos and such), they felt noticeably different from Sanwas - the stick had an odd creak to it and the buttons were far more resistant (and squeaky) than Sanwas. You could always mod it, but since the mounting plate for the lever apparently doesn't match that of Sanwas, it sounds like it'd be more effort (and cost) than it's worth.

#9 LegendGary

LegendGary

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:05 AM

It's made by Eightarc, the company that makes the Qanba line. However, Qanbas are notable for the Q4 series, which are dual modded and have Sanwa parts (read: good stuff, also found in Madcatz TEs), whereas the Injustice stick works on only one console and uses Qanba levers and buttons as found in their non-Q4 sticks. I've used a Q2 Glow before, and while the parts weren't terrible (I could still do combos and such), they felt noticeably different from Sanwas - the stick had an odd creak to it and the buttons were far more resistant (and squeaky) than Sanwas. You could always mod it, but since the mounting plate for the lever apparently doesn't match that of Sanwas, it sounds like it'd be more effort (and cost) than it's worth.

The injustice stick is not made by Eightarc it is made by PDP. I own this arcade sticks along with few other madcatz TE sticks and compared to the madcatz (TE,TE-S,VS,PRO) sticks the madcatz is a better choice. Ive personally never used a Qanba or Eightarc stick but i hear they're great sticks also. Ill give some pros and cons about the injustice stick and hopefully it could help some. Ill say if you either collect arcade sticks or new to arcade sticks get this stick. Also if you dont already have the game its a plus and if you do have the game sell it for a little extra money back.

Pros

* It is a great beginner stick especially at that now $60 price tag 

* It lights up and looks cool of course.

* Its not hard to replace/swap buttons if you desire to, however the stick needs a plate mod if you're going to use a sanwa joystick. FYI if you get the stick and plan on modding it careful not to pinch the wires when putting the back plate back on it is easy to pinch the wires.

* The injustce arcade stick is better than a stock madcatz SE stick/ brawl stick. IMO

* Easy to swap artwork if desired to.

Cons

* The arcade stick weight is to light.

* Does not have rubber feet instead it has a seude like bottom that slides if sat on table top.

* The joystick feels too loose IMO compared to sanwa joysticks. The sanwa joysticks are a bit stiffer.

* This is a preference based but it comes with a bat top, It could be changed to a ball top but the shaft is to long. So you would have to change the shaft to make it shorter if you switch to a ball top.

* The buttons are to stiff and not as good compared to Sanwa buttons.

They're just a few break downs. Now every one has their own opinions on the arcade stick. But Hope i helped a little for anyone thinking about getting the arcade stick. ohhhh and also yes the arcade stick does work for other fighting games not only injustice.

Games currently playing:
:360: : Ultra Street Fighter 4  -   :ps3: :Gran Tourismo 6 -  :pc: : Wolf Among Us
:3ds: : Pokemon Y -  :wiiu: : Mario Kart 8  -  :ps4: : Wolfenstein The New Order 

:xb1: : Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 

My Back Log of games wont stop growing  :hot:

#10 StittyMan

StittyMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Mine's on the way, I'm pretty excited.  My friend and I modded the **** out of the Tekken 6 Arcade Stick, so anything we have to do to this shouldn't be hard.  

#11 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

If only they ever came out with a patch to make this compatible with the PS4 as I have that version and would be all over this.

#12 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Couldn't have said it better than the last few posts! The stick is made by PDP but they use all-Qanba components. IMHO, it wasn't worth the original MSRP of $150 when it was released. However, for $55 plus tax after a $5 off promo code (NEWYEAR) & free shipping (SAVER), it's worth it especially for an all-LED stick despite the mediocre components but that's just me. BTW, check out the thread on SRK I started if you want to know more especially if you're interested in modding it. It's mostly easy stuff but very tedious:

http://forums.shoryu...arcade-stick/p1

If you guys/gals don't care about the LED's, has a Vewlix button layout & a ball-top then for around $60 the Qanba Q1 is the better option since it includes a table mount/clamp, octo/circular gates, button plugs & a USB-cable storage compartment. It uses the same exact buttons & joystick lever as the Injustice stick
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#13 Cofresi

Cofresi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

Managed to order one online, the closest store that have it, is a 3 or 4 hours trip. Thank Op, was looking for a fighting stick to play Persona 4 Arena.

TonyRazgriz.png

sig.gif

#14 StittyMan

StittyMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

I think this stick plugs n' plays fairly easily into a PC, so this will also give me an excuse to get Skullgirls off of Steam.

Just need to install an 8-way gate and I'm (probably) good to go.

#15 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

thanks op. needed a new stick for my pc 

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#16 Kikyou1

Kikyou1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:02 AM

Went to my local gamestop and they where sold out but the guy was nice enough to order one in for me. Gonna be here in around 3 days. Thanks OP now I have the complete Injustice collection since I also bought the CE for the statue.

I just gotta sell the extra copy of the game now  lol.

kikyou1.png

#17 singer07

singer07

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:47 AM

great fight stick, its a shame how bad the actual game is.

#18 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Thanks OP! 

StarCraft 2 - Roses

#19 StittyMan

StittyMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

great fight stick, its a shame how bad the actual game is.

I've heard the game isn't actually that terrible.  I'll be playing it for a little while before I decide whether to keep or sell it, that's for sure.

#20 k9homan

k9homan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

I have it. Nice little stick. No rapid fire/turbo. Looks awesome because it lights up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 Corgstradamus

Corgstradamus

Here's Corgi!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:40 AM

This is back in stock on gamestop.com

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#22 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:50 AM

The PS3 one wouldn't let get free shipping or let me use a gift card during checkout. Placed the order and then cancelled it. Tried ordering it again and gamestop told me I have reached the maximum amount that I can buy lol so I bought the 360 stick which DID allow free shipping but still no gift card. God I hate gamestop.

#23 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

I've heard the game isn't actually that terrible.  I'll be playing it for a little while before I decide whether to keep or sell it, that's for sure.

Game is really good.  Lots of single player content too.

#24 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Got my fightstick....ugh...I don't mind a square gate, but this thing like more rectangular. Diagnals are closer to Up and Down than they are Left and Right, so it doesn't feel sqaure. I can literally walk backwards or forwards and wag the stick to the corners and its like huge dead zones. It doesn't feel natural. Switching from this to my other fight sticks (MvC2, SCV, SFxT) everything feels great, but then going back to the Injustice stick I have the corner issue.

Is this something that can be fixed by buying an 8-way gate or is it something else? Does anyone else have this problem? I've been playing fighters since SF2 came out in the arcades...so I know how it's supposed to feel, and I've never had this issue.

#25 StittyMan

StittyMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:20 AM

Pretty sure an 8-way gate will fix the problem just fine.  

#26 StittyMan

StittyMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

I just took the back panel off mine to have a gander... yup, 4-way gate.  (Why do they even make the sticks with these?)  

At least modding it is apparently really easy.  Found this youtube video.

I'll definitely install the gate, but I might hold off on the spring.  I'll play a few games and see how it feels.

#27 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

I wonder if these fightsticks will be compatible with PS4/XB1's?

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, Destiny

:360: Gears of War 3

#28 ghost1914

ghost1914

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

I wonder if these fightsticks will be compatible with PS4/XB1's?

I'm curious about the same thing.

#29 Miken

Miken

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:20 AM

I'm curious about the same thing.

They aren't as of now.

Always looking for mycokerewards points.

#30 Daring

Daring

Wing Chun KungFu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

Madcatz Tournament edition stick also is incompatible w/ps4