Dualshock 3

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Sorry if this was already posted or not a big deal but I was just looking on GameStop's site and saw this.

Store pick up only.

http://www.gamestop....ontroller/98337

#2 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

Good luck finding that ish...
:argue::boxing::twoguns::whee:=;:-k:-$:fridge::-({|=:applause:

#3 AngelsPlight

AngelsPlight

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

No inventory within 100 miles =/

Angelsplight.png

iangelsplight.png

#4 acthechamp

acthechamp

CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

Same.

gallery_474050_8161_48668.jpg
AnLune.png

#5 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

Why even post this if the chances of finding this in store is close to impossible. 

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#6 bonesawisready

bonesawisready

YES! YES! YES!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

I know I saw that the other day and couldn't find one in a store near me. Sometimes the store inventory thing online isn't super accurate but I figured this one would be too rare to really happen anyway. Still, an absolute steal if you can find it.

#7 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

Thanks OP. I actually found a store and they are holding it for me. Now to decide if it's worth the 50 mile round trip drive.

#8 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

Thanks OP. I actually found a store and they are holding it for me. Now to decide if it's worth the 50 mile round trip drive.

Average $3.50 a gallon of gas @ maybe 25mpg = approximately $15 in gas alone, plus two hours of drive time.

#9 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

If I drove 65 I'd get about 19 MPGs so it def wouldn't for me. But I can't imagine the majority of you guys drive a big truck. In the South most of the guys do.

Ashamed to say the truck I used to drive, my gas bill sometimes would be $650 a month :|

#10 guessed

guessed

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Average $3.50 a gallon of gas @ maybe 25mpg = approximately $15 in gas alone, plus two hours of drive time.

50 miles round trip. Worth it.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#11 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Why even post this if the chances of finding this in store is close to impossible. 

If even one person gets lucky I'd say it was worth it.  But I'm an optimist. :-P

Besides, you saw the YMMV tag and still chose to click.....

50 miles round trip. Worth it.

I guess it depends on the person but I'd say no.  DS3's go on sale for $35-$40 plenty, and even though the holidays are over I expect the sales will still be frequent with PS4 out now.  2 hours isn't worth it to save $5 IMO.  

I guess the games may help, but I found Resistance to be a mediocre experience, and considering all the great FPS's we've gotten this gen I wouldn't waste time on it unless it's dirt cheap. Again, not worth the 2 hour drive for me.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#12 Saint'sRow911

Saint'sRow911

I was just about to go trade my controller in from that bundle lol. Of course no stores near me have this either.

#13 guessed

guessed

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

If even one person gets lucky I'd say it was worth it. But I'm an optimist. :-P

Besides, you saw the YMMV tag and still chose to click.....

I guess it depends on the person but I'd say no. DS3's go on sale for $35-$40 plenty, and even though the holidays are over I expect the sales will still be frequent with PS4 out now. 2 hours isn't worth it to save $5 IMO.

I guess the games may help, but I found Resistance to be a mediocre experience, and considering all the great FPS's we've gotten this gen I wouldn't waste time on it unless it's dirt cheap. Again, not worth the 2 hour drive for me.

You are entitled to your opinion, but this is greater than $5 savings, and I'm guessing far less than 2 hours, though drive time would depend on location and time of day. I was figuring about an hour round trip.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#14 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:04 PM

None here.

cagSig.png515886.png

#15 ian13

ian13

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

mileage truly does vary for this one.

#16 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

GS is EVIL.  They will turn the game into Pre-owned copy & Pre-owned controller  and sell both of them make extra $$$  instead sell them new ;)

"Evil is Funs"

#17 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

Thanks again OP.

My girlfriend ended up having to meet her friend in the area where the GS that was holding this was so it wasn't a special trip. The clerk said they had it for about two years. I also was able to find some penny guides and ended up getting both for free. Needless to say, it was a great visit to GS.

Spoiler

#18 Az1an Sensation

Az1an Sensation

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

One 40 miles away. Godamn it. I'm not made of money GameStop :(

Az1anSensation.png

#19 ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13

Feel The Pain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

^

ORGAN1ZAT10N_13.png

ORGAN1ZAT10N+13.png

Buy/Sell/Trade List http://cheapassgamer...ad.php?t=277132

#20 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:24 AM

Thanks again OP.

My girlfriend ended up having to meet her friend in the area where the GS that was holding this was so it wasn't a special trip. The clerk said they had it for about two years. I also was able to find some penny guides and ended up getting both for free. Needless to say, it was a great visit to GS.

Spoiler

Only thing missing was a free console with purchase. Crazy haul.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#21 AzureFlame

AzureFlame

...Oops

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:21 AM

Same.

^

What they said.