Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes $39.99 amazon PS 4 (MSRP price)

Best Buy has the Xbone version for $60, who knows.

EDIT: Gamestop has both versions for $40, so that may be the price, xbox and ps3 are $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like we see topics posted of this multiple times every week.

This is MSRP for Ground Zeroes. This is also a prequel to MGS5.

I feel like we see topics posted of this multiple times every week.

This is MSRP for Ground Zeroes. This is also a prequel to MGS5.
Its not a prequel to MGS5. Its the prologue. It and Phantom Pain together comprise MGS V. Thing of it as one game released as 2 parts

It was probably not a good idea to call this Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. It's just going to confuse everyone, especially when Phantom Pain comes out. They aren't doing enough to advertise that they are two separate, stand-alone games. Might hurt sales a little I think.

They probably should have added a "Part 1" or something in there.

I still can't believe Konami released this. Two parts of the same game for $100. Shameless.

I'm going to hold out for a copy with both parts in it. I'm going to busy playing second son when this comes out most likely anyway. :)

I fail to see why some people get up in arms over this. If Ground Zeroes is a good length/quality then it may justify the price. MGS1-5.2 are all part of one story, so I fail to see why it's a problem to release MGS5 as two parts. It may help subsidize the large cost of a next gen MGS game or give fans something to play in the mean time.

Granted if the game is short and feels like a demo (looking at you GT5 Prologue) I can see a problem, but we know very little about this besides a few trailers and videos/articles.

Isn't Ground Zeroes being touted as the tutorial for Phantom Pain?

Also, what are the chances of a double pack when MGS5 Phantom Pain comes out? I'd guess fairly high.

I fail to see why some people get up in arms over this. If Ground Zeroes is a good length/quality then it may justify the price. MGS1-5.2 are all part of one story, so I fail to see why it's a problem to release MGS5 as two parts. It may help subsidize the large cost of a next gen MGS game or give fans something to play in the mean time.

Granted if the game is short and feels like a demo (looking at you GT5 Prologue) I can see a problem, but we know very little about this besides a few trailers and videos/articles.
Kojimi himself said that GZ IS a tutorial for PP which will in his words, be hundreds of times bigger. Of course that last part is an exaggeration but more than making PP seem big, it makes it seem that GZ will be rather small in comparison. Doesn't help that he is flat out calling it a tutorial. Whats going on here seems in line with what happened with MGS3, Think of GZ as the Virtious Mission and PP as the Snake Eater portion. Main difference here is that instead of packaging them as one release, its split into two.

I just hope MGO comes back. I cried like a baby when 2 got shut down. I still miss that game

A beta/demo in this with the full version later would make my year

After platying msrr im Going to wait for the mgs 5 complete edition or something like that

Isn't Ground Zeroes being touted as the tutorial for Phantom Pain?

Also, what are the chances of a double pack when MGS5 Phantom Pain comes out? I'd guess fairly high.
It's probably inevitable. The question "when?", though. It took them five years before they got around to bundling MGS4 with other MGS games.

This reminds me of when they sold the demo of MGS2 for $50, but at least they threw in a copy of ZOE1 for free. Yeah, of course I bought that. ;)

Hopefully this will be bundled with the main game for PC.

Well, despite the fact that this price ended up being the regular MSRP, I appreciate the heads-up that the PS4 does in fact a physical disc release version now!  I was really hoping I wouldn't have to either opt for a PS3 physical disc or a downloaded PS4 edition.

Have the next gen physical copies been confirmed to contain the same exclusive content as the past gen physical copies?

Ouch, it seems like the core story of Ground Zero is just around 2 hours according to Game Informer. So with side missions I would personally GUESS 5 hours MAYBE 10 (that seems like a lot of side content though).Totally unacceptable to charge $40 for this. It should be a $10-15 PSN/XBL game, not a $40 retail release.

http://kotaku.com/metal-gear-solid-ground-zeroes-is-short-really-short-1516004297

"Judged just by the core story mission, Ground Zeroes is short," Game Informer writes in the cover story (only available in the magazine, not online). "We completed it in just less than two hours."

Basically, it's overpriced DLC. 

Sucks because as a MGS fanboy I'm still going to be suckered into buying it Day 1 since I haz to have dem shits.  Next gen version too.  Ugh.  At least I held off long enough. 

Ugh dammit, the cheapass in me is screaming no, but the guy who played MGO2 for 2+ years wont let me pass.

I just wish it had a demo or 1 map beta of the new MGO. Thats my most antisipated game of the year

5 hours of gameplay? If that is true then I bet you can beat in in under 3 hours. There's a big hint was the MSRP is $40. Some people don't understand....

5 hours of gameplay? If that is true then I bet you can beat in in under 3 hours. There's a big hint was the MSRP is $40. Some people don't understand....
The main story takes less than 2 hours, which means speed runs will likely clock it in at under 30

Totally random but I just had a memory flashback of the loading screen of MGS4 where one of the random texts at the bottom scrollbar says: "Warning! Smoking is bad for your health," while you watch Snake smoking a cigarette. lol

Msrp for a non limited edition game sold on multiple systems from a major franchise and a major publisher of which there will be a huge supply for is now a deal?

I think this is highly overpriced. Still, I am a huge MGS fan, and with little to play on next gen seemingly all summer, Im still gonna buy it, if only to try the core gameplay of MGS5 a year in advanced.

It's like a 5 hour prequel game. It's just a tiny little prequel to the full game, Phantom Pain, coming out later this year. $30 was asking too much. Can't BELIEVE they're trying to rape us at $40 for the PS4/X1 versions. 

bread's done
Back